Author Topic: Time Machine/Time Travel  (Read 13504 times)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Time Machine/Time Travel
« on: May 26, 2005, 04:15:40 pm »
Do you think it will ever be possible to travel back in time? If so, how? If not, why not?

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 04:34:32 pm »
No idea. Only time will tell. But I do think that it's possible to travel in the future. Something about going faster than the speed of light...

Banana

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 05:44:32 pm »
Yes, frankly, it is.  I remember finding a whole website that explained it, but now I lost it.

Snowthrower

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 06:47:16 pm »
Backwards Time Travel is impossible, however forward is possible with the use of Cryogenics. Using Absolute Zero (-254 Celcius) will shut down the electrons in your body causing a temporary "death," once you are unfrozen, you will resume electron activity thus bringing you alive, basically time travelling, but you can never go back in time once you   go forward in time.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 06:50:34 pm by Snowthrower »

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 01:00:09 am »
Maybe, in the future, when we have actually reclaimed lost braincells...we might find a way to go back and fourth in time.
For now, the future is cloudy.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 10:01:25 am »
I believe that someday we'll have the technology to be able to watch Earth in the past from another planet, but we'll never be able to actually to travel to it.

Megan

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 10:15:47 am »
I don't think time travel is possible. Every moment you have, is only once, and can never happen again. And if you are traveling to the past, who's going to be there with you? The are all in the present. Same for the future. You never know what's going to happen, except for what's happening right now.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 10:30:19 am »
I have actually thought a lot on this topic weeks ago and decided it's not possible. Megan kinda said what I was going to say about the past. As for travelling to the future...it hasn't happend yet. How could we do that? I went into the future about 2 minutes while I wrote this post. That's about the only kind of time travel I see possible.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Sheldon J. Plankton

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 02:17:12 pm »
Well I dunno if at the moment we have, much less have any idea what the materials and mathmatics are to build a time machine, but I'm sure in the future we may figure out, maybe not while I'm alive, but I think maybe we might eventually.

timstapels

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 02:59:24 pm »
It is possible.

When black holes and white holes (in the universe) merge together, they are called Worm Holes.

Worm holes have large chemical reactions happening all the time. Taking in the light while pushing it out at the same time. If a person was to go in one (no one has been able to reach them or anything, obviously) they would freeze and heat at the sam e time and do that until the Worm hole would wilt up and die. Then the person would be shot back out, the result - as far ahead in time as the Worm hole took to die. The person going in would feel as if only a few seconds had gone by.

I can't say if that's exactly the right description but it's about right, almost proving that time travel is possible.

Sponge Pat

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2005, 02:50:43 pm »
That is a hard question, since you can't really tell what is possible and impossible until you figure out how it may be done. It would be cool though.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 03:14:06 pm »
It is possible.

When black holes and white holes (in the universe) merge together, they are called Worm Holes.

Worm holes have large chemical reactions happening all the time. Taking in the light while pushing it out at the same time. If a person was to go in one (no one has been able to reach them or anything, obviously) they would freeze and heat at the sam e time and do that until the Worm hole would wilt up and die. Then the person would be shot back out, the result - as far ahead in time as the Worm hole took to die. The person going in would feel as if only a few seconds had gone by.

I can't say if that's exactly the right description but it's about right, almost proving that time travel is possible.
[snapback]182861[/snapback]

Thats the ONLY scientific answer I have read on this forum in a long time!
*gives timstapels a cookie*
I feel so good now!  :biggrin:

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2005, 08:28:02 pm »
I think it's impossible and always will be to travel backwards in time.

If a "time machine" or some sort of way to travel through time was invented, then you couldn't travel to a time before that method was invented/discovered.  If you think about it, it makes sense.  If there was no method for time travel at that time, why would you be able to go there.

Forward time travel, while very improbable, could possibly be achieved if a way to perform the time leap was to be invented or discovered.

Rabble

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2005, 08:32:07 pm »
Yes in the future. But I think it would be bad, somone would screw around with time.

MiraclrPlz

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2005, 08:32:37 pm »
It don't exist.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2005, 08:37:55 pm »
It don't exist.
[snapback]184187[/snapback]
Yeah...we know it doesn't right now.  The question was whether it ever will.

timstapels

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2005, 08:43:46 pm »
It is possible.

[snapback]182861[/snapback]

Thats the ONLY scientific answer I have read on this forum in a long time!
*gives timstapels a cookie*
I feel so good now!  :biggrin:
[snapback]184036[/snapback]
Oh thanks, nice cookie as well  :happy:

Eva:Gina

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2005, 11:10:20 pm »
a wormhole would travel distance as well though, wouldnt it??

i fifnished watching farscape last night, which revolves around wormholes, i think i might not read this thread anymore in case it makes me think to much about hte show.

but, good answer tim :biggrin:

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 02:31:14 pm »
i do. by going through a black hole as timstapls has said. we talked alot about this subject in science, and one day i think it would be possible. then i guess it would be possible to live almost forever.

in science we talked about how if a twin goes into space and goes through a blck hole, then comes back, that the one twin who went through space will appear much younger than the other twin who stayed on earth
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 03:48:13 am »
time travel is very complex...it is difficult to understand fully.
But there are certain parts that we CAN understand.
By the way, if something enters a black hole, it is destroyed.
I beleive you ment wormhole, Garygirl.

williambob286

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2005, 01:45:34 am »
To me, only time can tell. If it was real it would
--->Correct all of your Fs and mistakes
--->Stop disgusting inventions like cigarrets
--->umm, that's it in my mind

timstapels

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2005, 02:00:26 am »
With the theory of Wormholes (which I believe in) time travel would only be able to go forward in time.
I don't think it is possible to go backwards in time.
Once somethings done, it's done.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2005, 03:55:27 am »
Aye....but I beleive in the great, distant and far future...we'll be able to travel BACK in time.
Right now, impossible.

GIR

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 07:52:52 am »
NO I'M NOT FROM THE FUTURE! I mean if reverse time travel were possible people would of came back to our era.

UltraSpongeyDude

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 10:10:18 am »
I think that in the future we will be able to travel through time. I believe that each moment is frozen and creates sort of another dimension. If we ever find a way to access these dimensions then we can travel to any moment in time!

I know that it is a strange belief, but it's mine.

squishdennis

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2005, 01:30:16 pm »
I really want to, but the laws of physics disagree with me.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2005, 11:45:54 pm »
Time travel IS possible, but right now, it is far too difficult to actualy attempt with a live person.
The nearest wormhole is several million lightyears away.
Now all we need to do is find a way to either make our own, or travel fast enough to reach one.

1luke12

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2005, 06:12:19 am »
Backwards Time Travel is impossible, however forward is possible with the use of Cryogenics. Using Absolute Zero (-254 Celcius) will shut down the electrons in your body causing a temporary "death," once you are unfrozen, you will resume electron activity thus bringing you alive, basically time travelling, but you can never go back in time once you   go forward in time.
[snapback]182538[/snapback]
Do you mean suspended animation?

Eva:Gina

Time Machine/Time Travel
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2005, 04:11:22 pm »
NO I'M NOT FROM THE FUTURE! I mean if reverse time travel were possible people would of came back to our era.
[snapback]186303[/snapback]
maybe they have and theya re smart enough to keep quiet

imagine what we would do to people who came "back in time"
we would lock them up, forever
thats what we are gonna do to anyone who comes in claiming their jesus, too
:biggrin: