Author Topic: Doom!  (Read 4866 times)

Banana

Doom!
« on: June 03, 2005, 05:19:10 pm »
Who likes Doom games?  I'll admit that the idea never appealed to me at first, but after I got my hands on it I couldn't stop playing.  The whole simplicity of it...well...it's wonderful.  And the graphics!  For some reason I had always loved the graphics.  Heck, ALL Id Software games have great graphics and gameplay.  Who's played Commander Keen?  One of the best platformers of all time, yet is horribly underappreciated.  BUY IT.  BUY IT!!!

I didn't like the 3rd Doom game though.  Sort of...well...not as fun.

Jackie-Boy

Doom!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 05:44:51 pm »
I never really got into FPS games, not even Halo, but I remember loving this game. Duke Nukem, too.

timstapels

Doom!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 06:13:55 pm »
I adore Doom.
I love Doom 3 the best though - way more "jump out of your seat" I guess that's because the graphics are so much more realstic now.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Doom!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 07:34:39 pm »
Doom is AWESOME!!!!!!!! i have doom doom2 doom3 wolfenstien quake2 heretic hexen strife, and those are made by id except strife

Doom became the best game of all time of 93
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Banana

Doom!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 07:37:27 pm »
I was waiting for you to reply. :-D

Wolfenstien was AWFUL.  Ick.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Doom!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 07:39:59 pm »
Well wolfenstien was awesome at its tiome "1992" becuase no other software company made a 3d fps in that time,

Id software also made the first smooth scrooling platform engine, that became hot stuff as well, Read the masters of doom book!! it is an awesome book
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Banana

Doom!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 07:42:07 pm »
I've read it.  It's awesome.  However, I don't love ID for Doom, I love them for Commander Keen.  I loved those as a child, and I only wish they would continue making them :-(

timstapels

Doom!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 07:45:23 pm »
So when's Doom 4 coming out.......

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Doom!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 07:46:20 pm »
Yeah commander keen is an awesome platformer of cource the artist "adrian Carmack" thought it was to "cutsey" when he was doing the art

Banana

Doom!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 07:47:54 pm »
I don't think it's been announced yet, so probably not for a while.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Doom!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 07:55:59 pm »
Doom4 isnt comming out yet but quake 4 is comming out 8-o

timstapels

Doom!
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 08:00:14 pm »
Quakes no where near as good as Doom, sorry.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Doom!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 08:42:09 pm »
but then there's Team Fortress Classic...god...when will everyone learn that TFC is soo much better than everything else created?!?

Patricksquare Pants

Doom!
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 08:47:10 pm »
Doom Is A Great Game.

timstapels

Doom!
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 09:07:41 pm »
Doom Is A Great Game.
[snapback]186754[/snapback]
Really now?

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Doom!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2005, 09:48:07 am »
Yeah but now that John romero is gone from ID most of their new games suck!!! In doom3 you never defeat Dr. pertruter(sp?) so you have to buy the ressurection of evil expansion pack. But i like doom3 because of the level editor!!! but doom and doom2 were alot better

Banana

Doom!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2005, 09:50:38 am »
I hope ID Software sells Tom Hall the rights to Commander Keen.  If that happened I would become the happiest boy on Earth.

And I have to agree with Korax, Doom 3 was the worst of the series.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Doom!
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2005, 10:25:31 am »
The only thing better was the graphix basicly, and a few more elements doom and doom2 didnt have.

timstapels

Doom!
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2005, 01:40:39 pm »
The only thing better was the graphix basicly, and a few more elements doom and doom2 didnt have.
[snapback]186943[/snapback]
But in the end, the graphics made it better since it seemed so much more realistic.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Doom!
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2005, 08:13:27 pm »
Yeah when the gateway opened my brother jumped