Author Topic: What do you think of goths  (Read 17185 times)

~angelene's dreams

What do you think of goths
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 04:18:21 pm »
meh.  been there done that.  it's all just bad fashion sense....

spongebuddie

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 04:20:08 pm »
you've been a goth before?
thas kool

Rabble

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2005, 04:23:52 pm »
I know what it is.  those kids that dress in all black and stuff
[snapback]190087[/snapback]

Thats a wannabe that trys to be a goth. Get  your facts straight. I have a friend who is one, there not all bad.

~angelene's dreams

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2005, 04:26:24 pm »
well, of course they are good ppl...it's just boilin' down to funky-butt clothes, nothing more.  I look FAIRLY normalized....and I have a h3lluva lot more attitude then any goth.

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2005, 04:27:20 pm »
I always thought of being goth as a style, not an attitude. But to me, being goth is about as cool as being punk. Overrated, and senseless.

Chrono

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005, 04:50:37 pm »
Liz, I've gotta say that you burned MSP.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005, 07:52:51 pm »
Goths I used to hate them, when I was in 8th grade. Now I don't they are nice people, and it's just a stupid label. That's all it is, these stupid label's should NOT matter. By the way someone move this to the debate den.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

King Neptune

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005, 08:04:14 pm »
Goths I used to hate them, when I was in 8th grade. Now I don't they are nice people, and it's just a stupid label. That's all it is, these stupid label's should NOT matter. By the way someone move this to the debate den.
[snapback]190266[/snapback]

I was like that too but goths can be really nice I have about 2 goth friends they are both awesome.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2005, 08:15:43 pm »
goths in aussie are totaly different to what you classify them as.  they are moreh te good charlotte type thing.

ive done the goth thing, i dunno, i think you get to an age where you dont day "you know her, the goth girl" you stop labeling people. instead you say "you know, the girl with a ahved head with long green patches" (ahh, i miss her)

tho i do have to agree with msp on one thing. people who never grow out of it, do end up as wierd adults.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2005, 08:18:26 pm »
I don't know. Tell me what do you think about labeling people :blink:

King Neptune

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2005, 08:19:04 pm »
people who never grow out of it, do end up as wierd adults.
[snapback]190283[/snapback]

I agree to that and I hate that label thing.
It's just a label unless they never grow out of it like you said.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2005, 09:16:31 pm »
They don't really grow up to be weird adults. Even as teenagers, most true goths don't dress how y'all have described all the time. I know when I go out to Target, I don't go thinking how much black I can wear, or how dead I can look. In fact, I look pretty normal most of the time. I had this great goth friend once, and he dressed however he wanted, whether he felt like looking like Marilyn Manson, or a great gentleman. It wasn't anything he wore that made him goth. It was the way his mind worked, it was the way he was, and no amount of clothing, make-up etc... could change that. He's in college now, and is far from "weird".

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2005, 09:52:54 pm »
I have nothing against goths at all.

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2005, 10:05:32 pm »
I was what you'd call a gothic poser not to long ago and just wanted attention for it. No one seems to let me forget that awful red cape *chuckles*. I have actually only started wearing colours besides red/black last within the last month and a half.

Anyways they are no different then anyone else. Some of them are right off their rockers, some of them arent. Some are depressed, some are cheerful children who run through feilds of daisys. Some want attention, others dont. No different then any other style. I dont know many gothics since my school is full of "gansters", but the few I actually have met all seem to be deep thinkers, and awesome to get into a serious discussion with. If thats the way they choose to dress, then I have no issue with it.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2005, 01:03:23 am »
^^^ oscar put it well :biggrin:

ive got mates that ppl would call goth, but theyre not.
they be rockers, they rock out :biggrin: