Author Topic: What do you think about the usa  (Read 11511 times)

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
What do you think about the usa
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2005, 09:18:49 am »
The USA's environment and entertainment is wonderful...sma ewith many of it's people.
The USA's government and laws are stupid, plus the education in the USA is very appauling.

The USA in my opinion would get a 7/10 from me.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2005, 12:55:37 pm »
America has become far too immoral for my liking of late, but I still think that it's the best place in the world to live. There is more prosperity and more opportunity here than anywhere else. Unfortunately most Americans take this for granted. We are spoon fed and spoiled.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2005, 02:28:58 pm »
One thing I like about America is all the freedom we are given. We have a lot of rights that most other countries could only DREAM about. We are allowed to speak out against our government... try that is Mexico, or China and they shoot you right on the spot.

One thing I dislike about America is we drain other cultures... seriously. Have you ever seen a Mexican walkign down the street these days? They can't speak Spanish anymore, they eat American foods, they practice American cultures. We just have no culture. We are a parasite... sucking the culture out of people and brainwashing them with the sedentary culture of America... perhaps we have it TOO good.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2005, 03:42:50 pm »
^^ exactly!! very, very well put mr dragon.
and its not an individual person thing, tho some would try :biggrin:
its just what happens when a culture has been born in the way yours was.
you were founded on independance, and tho alot of it is great, there are some huge drawbacks.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2005, 06:50:42 pm »
The Internet is proof that America is a colder version of h3ll.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2005, 09:52:30 pm »
How so? I don't quite understand.

Lightkeeper

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 10:23:12 pm »
Yes, I'm from America and only a child at that, but I see that almost everyone here has a misguided veiw of what, "America or Americans are."

Most of you who were in this argument were not born from America, so you have no idea what the American people are. I'll even prove it to you with your replys.

ElizabethRose and Greendyfreak. You say that Americans take things for granted.
Taking things for granted is HUMAN NATURE and that quality is not found in one certain race, it's in all of us!

Gideon Brown, you say that Americans Sterotype. It sounds to me like you're the sterotype. Just cause I'm an American I have a big lable stamped on my head? You know what you can't say,"All" Americans are like that, because undoubtly, you never encountered me.

You say that Americans ask if it get's warm over there. Doesn't that mean that they're asking you something about your country? That means that they are learning about your country and taking their time to learn a little about it.

Also concerning BSE(Bivone Spongiform Encephalitis, otherwise perfered to as Mad Cow Disease) A couple of Scientists blammed Canada, they happened to be American. I, however, didn't believe it for a second. Does that mean that I'm a sterotype?

Korax666, yeah so what if we have a big coperation like Wal-Mart? Other, if not all, countrys have some too. Oh help us we have Wal-Mart we're sooo evil!<sarcasm> About the fat, thing. It's not bad being fat, it's being obese that you have to watch out for.

Guys don't hate America because of some ignorant people. Every country has bad people. There are a ton of terroists in Iraq, but does that mean I lable the all the people there a bunch of terroists? No way. I don't sterotype and you guys shouldn't either. This is why the world's a terrible place.

I'm ashamed and recoiled by all of you here. America is great, all countries are great. They'll all become even greater if people would stop sterotyping one another. We're all created equal, we have to work equal, we have to respect each other equal.

Also this is the last time I'll be posting. Think about what I said above, because that's your only chance of escaping a dark and violent future.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2005, 12:31:03 am »
dude, we were not applying anything we said to eacha nd every american.
we were discussinf how hte world veiws america, and its not a very nice veiw.

you made some good points, but none of us were saying "what is an attribute that is shared by every american"

america is hated by what he american peple let hte american government do.

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2005, 06:16:41 pm »
I personally despise U.S.

Everytime I go down there it is just so different(in a bad way). I much perfer it up here in Canada.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2005, 06:20:35 pm »
ElizabethRose and Greendyfreak. You say that Americans take things for granted.
Taking things for granted is HUMAN NATURE and that quality is not found in one certain race, it's in all of us!

And that makes it good?

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2005, 07:36:39 pm »
Dude we are the #1 obeese nation
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2005, 07:41:25 pm »
[snapback]194340[/snapback]
Okay... so you're saying that having a lot of obese people living here makes it a bad place? I need more than that if you're gonna argue a point.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2005, 07:44:00 pm »

Would you rather us be the #1 nation as far as people dying of starvation?

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2005, 08:26:56 pm »
The U.S. is great in someways, like how we have allot of freedoms. But Americas also bad how the envormental laws are not very good. We also seem to make some lousy products, like large SUV's no one needs a 12 Miles to the gallon vehicle that tows 9000 pounds seats 8 people, and has 35 Sq feet of storage, behind the 3rd seat, to drive to work by themselves. This may be an extreme examble but it's also an examble how in America everything has to be bigger.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline partiallynothing

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://stripslashes.net/
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2005, 09:37:19 pm »
I am an American, and I have some gripes about my own country, namely the current administration, but as a whole, I think America is an excellent place to live.

George Bush has some very controversial views, and I disagree with the majority of them.  For instance, unlike Bush, I think gay marriage is completely fine and should not be banned.  Those in a relationship, whether it is both a man and a women, two men, or two women, should all be able to share the connection and benefits that marriage provides.  I also am not explicitly against abortion.  I believe that it is a choice that should be left up to the women and the circumstances.  For instance, if someone is raped and impregnated, they should have the option to remove themselves of the burden of a child.  I also do not agree with Bush’s reasons for the war.  It does not seem necessary to American security; it is not justified.

I find McDonalds to be a great place to stop once in a while for a quick meal, but I try not to make it a habit.  Why; because I understand the disadvantages of constantly eating fast food.  One thing that very much annoys me about America is the constant lawsuits over pointless items.  People should not be able to sue McDonalds for becoming obese, that is completely their fault.  Along the same tangent, people should not be able to sue Dunkin Donuts for selling hot coffee; did they expect the coffee to be cold?

Now, as a generalization, I can see how TV, movies, and other forms of media could have displayed America as a greedy, fat, lazy group of people, but unless you have come to America and traveled around, you have no basis for your opinion.  I do not want dim-witted actresses as the American icon.  I want people to see the shores of North Carolina and the cities like Boston and the gorgeous and friendly people of Florida.  If American opinion is based on what is seen in Beverly Hills, the views will be superficial and unreal.

America is a wonderful land of opportunity for people of all social groups, classes, religions, races, sexes, etc.  Sure, there are still come corporations that will chose the male over the female for position of CEO only based on sex, but America still allows for extreme freedoms, and corporations like that have become less and less over time.  The American idea is for anyone to be able to come here and speak freely, act freely and reach for their dreams.

Am I saying everyone in America is perfect?  Nope.  I am quite aware of the large number of people who take advantage of the system, those who do not respect and acknowledge their freedoms, etc, but they should not be the stereotype.

Whenever I think that America is a country falling down the tubes I think about everything that is great about this nation and the ability for everyone to go into a voting booth and change our administration.  Right now I just cannot wait for the next one; Bush, good riddance.