Author Topic: Fireworks and Guns in the US.  (Read 8156 times)

timstapels

Fireworks and Guns in the US.
« on: July 05, 2005, 11:47:48 pm »
Ok, I was thinking about the recent US holiday - Independence day - and how a lot of people, not just from these forums, have been saying that fireworks are banned. But I was thinking, guns are allowed ,at least with some sort of liscence, when surely theres an obvious answer to which is the eviler of the two. Now I'm not saying this is right since I live a long way away from the US but I'm just a confused as to why this is.
So I guess I'm asking what other peoples opinions are on this.

King Neptune

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 10:08:19 am »
I don't think fireworks should be illegal especially on holidays, I mean nobody cares on holidays on independence day on the street next to mine their were people on the street lighting fireworks and BIG ones I might add not getting caught. Oh yeah their next door nieghbor is a cop.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 10:10:29 am »
Fireworks are illegal in some states, not all, but people rarely get in trouble for using them. It's having to go to another state to buy them that's a real hastle...

lil`Sara

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 11:20:33 am »
You make a good point. I think fireworks should be legal, but with the right kind of permits, rules, and age limits.

Sheldon J. Plankton

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 01:27:36 pm »
Fireworks should only be used by professionals. Not be people. My neighbors had a freakin' fire work show in their driveway, their lucky they weren't standing right next to them when they blew up, they could have died.

I am against guns too unless you are in the police force/military, do you know how many US kids die because they find their parents guns and try to use them and end up killing themselves. Okay, this doesn't happen to kids in my area but apparently it happens A LOT down south, where they have more guns.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 02:29:52 pm »
Fireworks should only be used by professionals. Not be people. My neighbors had a freakin' fire work show in their driveway, their lucky they weren't standing right next to them when they blew up, they could have died.

I am against guns too unless you are in the police force/military, do you know how many US kids die because they find their parents guns and try to use them and end up killing themselves. Okay, this doesn't happen to kids in my area but apparently it happens A LOT down south, where they have more guns.
[snapback]202519[/snapback]
WTH? No, it doesn't. Believe me, I live down here, down here we teach gun safety to kids when they reach 12 or 13.

Anyway, if guns are taken away all hell will break loose. There are criminals that don't follow the law and will maintain guns. What will people do when they have nothing to protect themselves with?

Fireworks should be fine as long as people act responsibly.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 02:51:31 pm »
Firweorsk that: Blow up, por leave the ground are ILLGEAL in the US. Unless done by pros.  Other firwroks arent. I dont think

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 02:56:52 pm »
What's legal/illegal depends on your state. I know anything that blows up is illegal here. x.x One of the screecher fountains did blow up though XD

edso

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 08:01:25 pm »
Umm..*hides cracker bombs* you'll neva find me copas!

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 09:13:56 pm »
Usually the only states that have bans are the ones that will catch on fire easily, meaning they're very dry or very populated.

Guns are used for protection so...they're legal. Fireworks are just for entertainment.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 09:19:42 pm »
It's nice that they want us to be safe but if we want to take the risk, let us. They can't be blamed if we die.

timstapels

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 09:36:58 pm »
WTH? No, it doesn't. Believe me, I live down here, down here we teach gun safety to kids when they reach 12 or 13.

Anyway, if guns are taken away all ::Dolphin Noise:: will break loose. There are criminals that don't follow the law and will maintain guns. What will people do when they have nothing to protect themselves with?

Fireworks should be fine as long as people act responsibly.
[snapback]202556[/snapback]
I'm really confused about this south thing. Is south the bottom of the USA or Brazil/Argentina/etc?

And I guess in reality, about the criminal things. Guns arn't really mentioned very much, imfact, most police don't carry guns around with them.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 09:39:07 pm »
The South are the southern states of the USA. They were the states that formed the Confederacy.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005, 09:42:07 pm »
In Ohio you're not aloud to buy them. But no one cares about setting them off. My neighbors where I used to live set off big fireworks, in their front yard. IN the CITY, not the subburbs but in the city where the yards are very small. And no one cared, not even the police.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

timstapels

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2005, 09:52:20 pm »
Guns are used for protection so...they're legal. Fireworks are just for entertainment.
[snapback]202839[/snapback]
Guns may be used for protection but watching Bowling For Colombine the other day... well doesn't that kinda tell people something...

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2005, 10:06:39 pm »
Of course there's going to be criminals armed with guns. That's why other people need guns to defend themselves.

timstapels

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 10:22:59 pm »
Of course there's going to be criminals armed with guns. That's why other people need guns to defend themselves.
[snapback]202866[/snapback]
Yeah, it's just it doesn't happen that often in my country so it seems a bit different.

Starr2k3

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 10:03:14 am »
Alright, frieworks are for entertainment, they should be legal. Guns should also be legal because they are for protection. Will a criminal follow a gun rule? No. But the people who are good will follow it so when the criminals who have guns come into someone's house, the people who followed the rule will be defenseless. If everyone is allowed to have a gun to protect themselves, when a criminal comes into a house the good guy will be able to protect themselves.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 02:04:42 pm »
Alright, frieworks are for entertainment, they should be legal.
[snapback]204459[/snapback]

A lot of people hurt themselves because they're stupid and do stupid stuff with fireworks.

Starr2k3

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2005, 04:14:18 pm »
Alright, frieworks are for entertainment, they should be legal.
[snapback]204459[/snapback]

A lot of people hurt themselves because they're stupid and do stupid stuff with fireworks.
[snapback]204489[/snapback]

That's their own fault..

Be smart about it, of course..

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2005, 08:23:39 pm »
Heck everything's legal down here in South Carolina. Yee Haw! Year-long fireworks

Eva:Gina

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2005, 04:45:28 pm »
i think there should just be age restrictions and VERY HARSH penalties for people using them against animals.
like, castration, or chopping of of the left hand

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2005, 09:36:18 am »
Fireworks should be legal as long as the creators post the right warnings, like telling them not to light it in the grass and such. And with guns, yes, but not assault weapons. I don't need a military rifle to keep intruders out of my house.

Snowthrower

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2005, 08:49:45 pm »
Whether or not Fireworks are legal, I'm still doing them. I could set off mortars with a cop going by around here and they honestly wont care. They should just legalize them, they dont enforce it unless your selling them where its illegal.

The right to bear arms is a Constitutional amendment and it should stay that way. As long as there registered, they should be allowed. However, stuff like AK-47's, Uzi's, etc. should be banned from sale.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 08:51:13 pm by Snowthrower »

timstapels

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2005, 10:57:01 pm »
Whether or not Fireworks are legal, I'm still doing them. I could set off mortars with a cop going by around here and they honestly wont care. They should just legalize them, they dont enforce it unless your selling them where its illegal.

The right to bear arms is a Constitutional amendment and it should stay that way. As long as there registered, they should be allowed. However, stuff like AK-47's, Uzi's, etc. should be banned from sale.
[snapback]207335[/snapback]
Isn't that slightly corrupt or am I just thinking of something else...

Snowthrower

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 08:50:26 pm »

[snapback]207335[/snapback]
Isn't that slightly corrupt or am I just thinking of something else...
[snapback]207393[/snapback]

As long as nobodys complaining about the noise, they honestly dont care.