Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto SA gets an AO rating  (Read 18116 times)

Spongee15

Grand Theft Auto SA gets an AO rating
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 03:36:17 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO now i can rent it anymore :( i heard abt this today in G4, man THT SUCKKKKKKSSS   :sad:  i should of bought it wen i had the chance   :sad:  DARN!  

Patricksquare Pants

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2005, 07:58:14 pm »
ESRB Is EEEVVVIIIILLLL!!

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 09:43:18 am »
Lesson Learned Today: BUY big video games before stupid companies make them look bad and make them very difficult to buy!!
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Fan of Spongebob

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 10:48:03 am »
Jack Thompson the same guy who started the attack on Grand Theft Auto is now attacking The Sims 2, over nudeity.

He won't win that.  Now he's attacking video game at their highest peak of educational bonderies.  They aren't stealing cars, they're doing stuff normal people would do.  Jack can't take down Will Wright.

Chrono

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2005, 10:55:35 am »
Jack Thompson the same guy who started the attack on Grand Theft Auto is now attacking The Sims 2, over nudeity.

He won't win that.  Now he's attacking video game at their highest peak of educational bonderies.  They aren't stealing cars, they're doing stuff normal people would do.  Jack can't take down Will Wright.
[snapback]208994[/snapback]
Nudity? It's completly censored, they do what normal people do. That's just plain stupid.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2005, 11:15:03 am »
[snapback]208585[/snapback]

The stupid part here is not attacking God of War over nudity.  They're ignoring it because The Sims is more popular.

Problem is...The Sims has censored nudity, God of War isn't censored.

I think everyone needs to get over it.  Video games are growing up.  These are no longer the games our parents played back in the day.  Heck, they're not even the games I played back in the day and I'm 18.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2005, 11:24:00 am »

The stupid part here is not attacking God of War over nudity.  They're ignoring it because The Sims is more popular.

I think everyone needs to get over it.  Video games are growing up.  These are no longer the games our parents played back in the day.  Heck, they're not even the games I played back in the day and I'm 18.
[snapback]209005[/snapback]

You are so right.
This Jack Thompson is clearly trying to ruin big GOOD games, ruin our entertainment...  :dry:
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2005, 12:04:40 pm »

You are so right.
This Jack Thompson is clearly trying to ruin big GOOD games, ruin our entertainment...  :dry:
[snapback]209011[/snapback]
Right he also thinks THe Sims is wrong because they can have sex, it's natural and kiddies won't know what it is because it's called "woohoo" but anyone with half a brain can figure out what it really is. And for nudity they have Ken and Barbie features.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2005, 12:29:29 pm »

You are so right.
[snapback]209011[/snapback]
Right he also thinks THe Sims is wrong because they can have sex, it's natural and kiddies won't know what it is because it's called "woohoo" but anyone with half a brain can figure out what it really is. And for nudity they have Ken and Barbie features.
[snapback]209037[/snapback]

Games are stepping more toward realism.  With that will come more natural actions.  These may include sex, nudity, cussing, drug use, or what have you.  I don't see a problem with it.  Gamers like the fact that games are stepping more toward realism.  It makes their experience more enjoyable by opening up possibilities not available in real life.  

Some people seem to think games are the reason kids are "corrupt" these days, but the real reason is a lack of guidance and the fact that we can see whatever we want on television, or even in real life if you live in the right place.

Rabble

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2005, 01:22:46 pm »
That is the only reason they changed it to an Adult game because all the idiots have to go and see what they see on that screen. An adult would know  thats its just a game. And most kids/teenages do. But there is always one idiot to screw it up.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2005, 02:14:19 pm »
Lesson of the Day: Don't play video games, and things like this won't upset you. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 02:14:42 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Sheldon J. Plankton

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2005, 02:39:30 pm »
I have yet to see a game that is AO, I don't see why they pull it off the shelves, they could just let adults buy it and kids won't.

That reminds me of when this little 5 year old was playing online Socom and was saying stuff like "my mommy let's me watch South Park...", with the little baby voice and everything, that was so funny.

GIR

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2005, 02:43:24 pm »
These idiots need to learn that gta isn't thier freaking babysitter.
What do you expect! THE TITLE EVEN GIVES IT AWAY, GRAND THEFT AUTO!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 02:45:37 pm by GIR »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2005, 03:05:06 pm »
Lesson of the Day: Don't play video games, and things like this won't upset you. :biggrin:
[snapback]209123[/snapback]

Lies. I hate Grand Theft Auto and this bugs me. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 03:05:11 pm by IZ »

UltraSpongeyDude

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2005, 03:45:16 pm »
I think this is dumb. They should not rae it AO. If they think that giving it a higher rating is gonna stop people from buying the game and seeing the bad content, their wrong. In fact, because of all the contreversy, more people are probably gonna buy the game then before.

I also think that the Sims 2 thing is dumb. I mean, maybe we would have let him slide with GTA, but now he's attacking another big game. Thats two in a row, and I dont think people are taking him seriously any more.

I mean, who cares if there's a hacker that put in a bad mini game, or took away censorship from the Sims 2. Sure the codes are out there, but that dosent mean that anyone actually has to use them. :ph34r: