Author Topic: Should John Roberts get approved?  (Read 6678 times)

MiraclrPlz

Should John Roberts get approved?
« on: August 13, 2005, 07:54:03 pm »
I dunno, I hope he bans abortion.  And I'm not talking about Abortion on Demand, that's where a woman can murder an unborn baby for no reason), I'm talking about banning ABORTION.  If you say "I'm pro-life except in cases of rape, incest, or to save a womans life", than you are not pro-life.  You sir, are pro-choice.  I want Roberts to ban ABORTION.  I dunno if he will.  I know he is pro-gay.  Bush nominated Roberts.  Bush is a liberal president.  jeez  He's been spending like a drunken sailor he won't protect our borders but Bush is pro-life so I know we have a human-being in the oval office.  On moral iissues Bush is consrvative but he aint conservative on everything.  I haven't heard him speak against gay rights since the election.  

Back on topic about Roberts, he did say that Roe v. Wade was the settled law of the land.  But he more often said he felt it was wrongly decided.  I dunno what he's gonna do.  Remember Robert Vork?  Reagan nominated him. Vork wanted to ban abortion but the senate blocked him.  I do think Roberts will get passed but i dunno what he's gonna do.  Pray he wins America back.  He does seem well qualified.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 07:57:01 pm »
I think the new Supreme Court Justice should be a moderate, not far right or far left (although of the two I'd pick far left :biggrin:)

Snowthrower

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 12:23:12 pm »
I think he deserves it. Hes been taking so much crap lately.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 12:26:50 pm »
I'm sorry, did you say that Bush is a liberal president because he's been spending so much money? Hey, at least liberals are willing to help out other countries. Conservatives are too obsessed with education. Come on, do you think that a wagonload of money is really gonna help kids in schools? Admittadly, you can get new teachers and stuff like that, but that's all. The point is that equipment doesn;t teach kids; teachers teach kids, but kids aren't always willing to learn. No matter who or what you throw at them, if they hate learning it's not gonna change.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 12:46:19 pm »
I'm sorry, did you say that Bush is a liberal president because he's been spending so much money? Hey, at least liberals are willing to help out other countries. Conservatives are too obsessed with education. Come on, do you think that a wagonload of money is really gonna help kids in schools? Admittadly, you can get new teachers and stuff like that, but that's all. The point is that equipment doesn;t teach kids; teachers teach kids, but kids aren't always willing to learn. No matter who or what you throw at them, if they hate learning it's not gonna change.
[snapback]218539[/snapback]

I couldnt disagree more. Education is very important and lots of kids DO want to learn. Lots of teachers are getting paid 20,000 a year. Barley enough to support a family. That "wagonload" (or whatever you call it. I sure as hell dont see any "wagonload") of money should go towards paying teachers more instead of playing political games in the White House and using terrorism for someones own greed. Some kids are lazy, but not all kids. I dont believe we should just throw up our hands and say "oh well" because of the lazy kids who want to do construction the rest of their lives. Get rid of the every child left behind program and properly educate Americans kids instead of throwing state wide tests in their faces. I dont care if I'm smarter than the kids is Georiga Jeb Bush does. I dont care if the kids in europe are smarter, either. George Bush does. Dont cut education because of the lazy. I'm no replubican, but I want a good education.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 02:24:04 pm »
I couldnt disagree more. Education is very important and lots of kids DO want to learn. Lots of teachers are getting paid 20,000 a year. Barley enough to support a family. That "wagonload" (or whatever you call it. I sure as hell dont see any "wagonload") of money should go towards paying teachers more instead of playing political games in the White House and using terrorism for someones own greed. Some kids are lazy, but not all kids. I dont believe we should just throw up our hands and say "oh well" because of the lazy kids who want to do construction the rest of their lives. Get rid of the every child left behind program and properly educate Americans kids instead of throwing state wide tests in their faces. I dont care if I'm smarter than the kids is Georiga Jeb Bush does. I dont care if the kids in europe are smarter, either. George Bush does. Dont cut education because of the lazy. I'm no replubican, but I want a good education.
[snapback]218551[/snapback]

You are VERY right there. Just because some children don't want to learn doesn't mean education should be ruined.
I beleive the American's have as good an education as us Europians, but a vast majority of the children just seem to struggle....I have no explination for this....since I am no American.
I only met around 12 different people and actually got to talk to them when I visited the USA, they all seemed like intelligent people.
But I have gone off topic now, haven't I?
I'll shut up now.

[spoiler]um...welcome back MSP?  :blink: [/spoiler]
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 05:12:08 pm »
EXACTLY! Another problem is that over half the teachers in high schools are downright cruel. I wasn't surprised to find out that my local high school has the greatest drop out rate in the region, if not the entire state.

Schools don't need anymore money, they need people in there who can actually teach, and people who like kids. If you have a moron who got their degree from a play college and who hates kids, there is not going to be a lot of teaching.

Fan of Spongebob

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 12:11:39 pm »
Roberts can't ban abortion, MSP.  It takes five supreme court justices to do that.  I'm against abortion.  Anyways almost all the democrats and republicians like him enough for a majority.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 08:14:32 pm »
Welcome back, MSP. Excuse me while I thank the gods I'm in Canada.

Rabble

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 10:49:05 pm »
I dunno, I hope he bans abortion.  And I'm not talking about Abortion on Demand, that's where a woman can murder an unborn baby for no reason), I'm talking about banning ABORTION.  If you say "I'm pro-life except in cases of rape, incest, or to save a womans life", than you are not pro-life.  You sir, are pro-choice.  I want Roberts to ban ABORTION.  I dunno if he will.  I know he is pro-gay.  Bush nominated Roberts.  Bush is a liberal president.  jeez  He's been spending like a drunken sailor he won't protect our borders but Bush is pro-life so I know we have a human-being in the oval office.  On moral iissues Bush is consrvative but he aint conservative on everything.  I haven't heard him speak against gay rights since the election. 

Back on topic about Roberts, he did say that Roe v. Wade was the settled law of the land.  But he more often said he felt it was wrongly decided.  I dunno what he's gonna do.  Remember Robert Vork?  Reagan nominated him. Vork wanted to ban abortion but the senate blocked him.  I do think Roberts will get passed but i dunno what he's gonna do.  Pray he wins America back.  He does seem well qualified.
[snapback]218118[/snapback]

1) They have a reason for abortion. (Which can be anything)

1) Education is very useful then spending millions on war.

1) I 100 percent agree.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 06:14:45 pm »
I was really hoping Alberto Gonzales would get picked. I liked him.

MiraclrSpongePlz(temp)

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 06:13:28 pm »
When will he be confirmed?

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 06:48:43 pm »
[snapback]220032[/snapback]
Hopefully never, I don't think he will if Congess didn't appoint him ealier thay won't now.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

MiraclrSpongePlz(temp)

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 06:58:40 pm »
Now how can that be it is a conservative congress.

weird_4

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 09:28:33 am »
[snapback]220032[/snapback]
Hopefully never, I don't think he will if Congess didn't appoint him ealier thay won't now.
[snapback]220050[/snapback]
I agree. Let's hope he doesn't get confermed.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2005, 09:25:48 am »

[snapback]218551[/snapback]

While education is important, I can't disagree with Jack. The only way public schools will get better is if students are willing to learn.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 01:02:40 pm by IZ »