Author Topic: Should John Roberts get approved?  (Read 6644 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Should John Roberts get approved?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2005, 09:25:48 am »
I'm sorry, did you say that Bush is a liberal president because he's been spending so much money? Hey, at least liberals are willing to help out other countries. Conservatives are too obsessed with education. Come on, do you think that a wagonload of money is really gonna help kids in schools? Admittadly, you can get new teachers and stuff like that, but that's all. The point is that equipment doesn;t teach kids; teachers teach kids, but kids aren't always willing to learn. No matter who or what you throw at them, if they hate learning it's not gonna change.
[snapback]218539[/snapback]

I couldnt disagree more. Education is very important and lots of kids DO want to learn. Lots of teachers are getting paid 20,000 a year. Barley enough to support a family. That "wagonload" (or whatever you call it. I sure as hell dont see any "wagonload") of money should go towards paying teachers more instead of playing political games in the White House and using terrorism for someones own greed. Some kids are lazy, but not all kids. I dont believe we should just throw up our hands and say "oh well" because of the lazy kids who want to do construction the rest of their lives. Get rid of the every child left behind program and properly educate Americans kids instead of throwing state wide tests in their faces. I dont care if I'm smarter than the kids is Georiga Jeb Bush does. I dont care if the kids in europe are smarter, either. George Bush does. Dont cut education because of the lazy. I'm no replubican, but I want a good education.
[snapback]218551[/snapback]

While education is important, I can't disagree with Jack. The only way public schools will get better is if students are willing to learn.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 01:02:40 pm by IZ »