Author Topic: Hurricane Rita  (Read 36277 times)

spongebuddie

Hurricane Rita
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2005, 09:34:07 am »
Category 5, 165 mph..

And I'm gonna get hit dang it. :cry:

Oh well. It's kinda weird, I'm in Texas, the tornado zone, and have never been in a tornado (only half of one...) and I'm gonna be hit by a hurricane? :tongue: Sounds kinda funny.. yeah everyone in Houston's already evacuating, kinda sad since the refugees there hafta move again. Anyways we're not evacuating where I live, 'cause we're probably not gonna get hit hard, we'll just have lots of heavy rain and 65 mph winds at the most. But still, its kinda scary.
[snapback]236308[/snapback]
meeeee to buddy meee to i kno what its like to be scared silly  :sad: i wrote in my blog yesterday and it pretty much explains everything that i'll be goin through/seeing

ok hurricane rita is like coming in 2 days  i'm scared as phooy this will be the first and officiall hurricane i've seen the smart news people say when it hits it will be a cat 4 or even worse maybe even a cat 5  
javascript:popUpheres a video
I don't know if it will work
*wimper* me n my aunt (and my 2 cats and cookie the guniea pig) are gonna stay we changed our minds the traffics too bad so we're gonna wade it out today at 5 me my aunt are gonna try to salvage anything we can at any of the stores i've been told that anything nonperishable on the shelves of almost all of the grocery stores are bare/empty/deserted  but my mom said that we'd go 2morrow real earlier we're hopeing they will try to stock again we have no family that lives anywhere safe my other aunt lives in galveston so they've already evacuated they live right on the edge of a bay so their house may be gone when they get back and the sad thing is mostly everything in thier house is REALLY expensive they have like granit countertops a REALLY good refritarater  my mom (i call the aunt i live with mom i have to aunts well anyways) so she's taken all thier pictrures and a few paintings (they travel all over the world) and my mom was like well i'd take all of my paintings if i were you. and i don have a clue where my real mom is i kno she wouldn't take us i haven't even heard from ashton but she did e-mail me a couple days before saying that she was leavin so I don't know didn't say where I don't know anyways i prayed last night to god to watch over me and all my friends and today at school some of my friends were tellin me more about rita and i almost broke down cryin but. i didn't let it get me down all i made the most of every happy moment as i could  i am now packing pictures and getting the cat carriers ready and moving the stuff away from my window and im going to move my bed away from the window and preparing. i am sooooooooooooo scared I don't know what i'm going to do if i lose everything all i can do now.....is pray  if you don't hear from me again then I don't know i guess i'll be in a better place or safe n sound and i'll post more after diaster passes and power is restored bye for now

much love, sean
 :shocking:

Lil Loco

Hurricane Rita
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2005, 09:39:51 am »
i hope ur ok thru all that...ill be prayin for u too.

spongebuddie

Hurricane Rita
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2005, 09:52:27 am »
thank you lil-loco PRAY FOR US PLZ :(

FOR HARRIS COUNTY...
MANDATORY EVACUATIONS ARE IN EFFECT FOR ZONE A. ZONES B AND C BEGAN
MANDATORY EVACUATIONS THIS MORNING AT 6 AM.

...WIND IMPACTS...
TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS...39 MPH OR GREATER...ARE EXPECTED TO
REACH THE UPPER TEXAS COAST AROUND NOON FRIDAY AND SPREAD INLAND
TO THE INTERSTATE 10 CORRIDOR BY LATE AFTERNOON.  THE TROPICAL STORM
FORCE WINDS ARE THEN EXPECTED TO PUSH NORTHWARD ACROSS THE REMAINDER
OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS BY AROUND MIDNIGHT.

AN INLAND HURRICANE WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR ALL OF SOUTHEAST
TEXAS.  THIS MEANS SUSTAINED WINDS GREATER THAN 74 MPH ARE POSSIBLE
OVER ALL OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS

THE IMPACTS FOR SUSTAINED WINDS OF 70 TO 90 MPH WITH GUSTS 100 TO 110
MPH ARE AS FOLLOWS...
VERY DANGEROUS WINDS WILL PRODUCE WIDESPREAD DAMAGE.

NATURAL DAMAGE...
ALL TREES WITH ROTTING BASES MAY UPROOT OR SNAP.  NEARLY ALL LARGE
BRANCHES SHOULD SNAP. BETWEEN ONE QUARTER AND ONE HALF OF HEALTHY
SMALL TO MEDIUM SIZED TREES MAY BE SNAPPED OR UPROOTED.
i got that from here http://www.srh.noaa.gov/productview.php?pil=HLSHGX
I don't know what that means zone a,b or c  as you can see this is VERY serious last night i was crying (really hard) scared i'm still gonna stay but i'm kina worried at the same time
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 09:55:14 am by spongebuddie »

Lil Loco

Hurricane Rita
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2005, 09:56:14 am »
yea...wish u guyz could get outta there...all of thiz iz pretty trippy.

spongebuddie

Hurricane Rita
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2005, 10:05:29 am »
we have 3 big windows in our place and with 120 mile n hour winds or faster they will shatter we're gonna put covers on the furniture and tape on the windows so they won't break into a thousand pieces but into like maybe 4 pieces I don't know we're gonna camp out in our bathroom with no power, no running water, no air conditioning it kills me that we have the 3rd largest hurricane headed straight 4 us this one is more powerful that katrina so we'll get an uglier version of katrina without the flooding it will go on for 12 straight hours i've heard so :(( i'm gonna pray every night from now on until the damage is done   :sweat:  :surrender:  :stretcher:  :shy:  :rip:  :mummy:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 10:09:43 am by spongebuddie »

Lil Loco

Hurricane Rita
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2005, 10:08:28 am »
i would board up ur windowz too...

spongebuddie

Hurricane Rita
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2005, 10:10:35 am »
we can't we don't have any ply wood and i bet by now it ALL gone besides its like 44 dollars a board :(

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Hurricane Rita
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2005, 11:37:53 am »
DuckTape is tight.

spongebuddie

Hurricane Rita
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2005, 12:10:17 pm »
we have this skinny tape but I don't know if it will work

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
Hurricane Rita
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2005, 12:12:13 pm »
This morning it shifted to the east, and I got my hopes up. But of course, it's going back to its original path. Thanks a lot you guys, and I too wish we could get out of here. But I didn't want to leave half of my family either. You know what? If we'd left to go to San Antonio last night, or any time today, we would've had to go back... they closed the roads going into that city. Kris wouldn't have been able to get to Bastrop either. It's crazy, I feel so bad for those people that are just trying to find any safe place to be. They're running out of time. People are running out of gas on the highways, and their cars are overheating. It was said it went down to a category 4, but either way, we'd still get the same wind speed.

Lil Loco

Hurricane Rita
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2005, 12:34:49 pm »
yea...all thiz iz crazy.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Hurricane Rita
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2005, 01:17:47 pm »
Hahaha this has been a crazy year for all the Gulf Coasters. Usually Florida and the Carolinas get hit more. Hope everything goes well.

spongebuddie

Hurricane Rita
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2005, 01:21:12 pm »
This morning it shifted to the east, and I got my hopes up. But of course, it's going back to its original path. Thanks a lot you guys, and I too wish we could get out of here. But I didn't want to leave half of my family either. You know what? If we'd left to go to San Antonio last night, or any time today, we would've had to go back... they closed the roads going into that city. Kris wouldn't have been able to get to Bastrop either. It's crazy, I feel so bad for those people that are just trying to find any safe place to be. They're running out of time. People are running out of gas on the highways, and their cars are overheating. It was said it went down to a category 4, but either way, we'd still get the same wind speed.
[snapback]236507[/snapback]
yeah i kno its jus gotten out of control out there have you seen the part of the news where they show 290 and allllllll those cars bumper to bumper??  :shocking:

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Hurricane Rita
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2005, 01:46:57 pm »
Well, this sucks. Hurricanes suck. Everything sucks. Ag;eakg;dakgdsagvsa.

I will be the last place where the hurricane will hit. Even though it's not really going to hit any "f Oklahoma. And I'm sure it will just rain a bit but I have never had a hurricane "hit" me before. All of you will get it much worse than that and I am sorry. Please don't die.

spongebuddie

Hurricane Rita
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2005, 01:55:19 pm »
i hope i don't die either