Author Topic: Open Relationships  (Read 5369 times)

Dragon Of Grief

Open Relationships
« on: November 03, 2005, 06:16:41 pm »
What is your view? Basically an open relationship means you and your mate go and experiment with other people while you are dating. I currently have a boyfriend and a girlfriend... Holly and John, and my girlfriend has a girlfriend... confusing, I know but bear with me. What is your opinion?

jesusofsuburbia

Open Relationships
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 06:36:41 pm »
I've kind of tried it.

I say kind of because it wasn't exactly an "open relationship".

It was more like a long distance relationship, but we both agreed that it would be okay to see people in our cities.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Open Relationships
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 07:39:37 pm »
I've never had a girlfriend so I haven't thought of this.

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
Open Relationships
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 07:41:49 pm »
No, I honestly don't like it. I wouldn't do that with my boyfriend and I'd hope he wouldn't do that with me. It seems like it destroys the whole meaning of a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. But that's just me.

Chrono

Open Relationships
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 07:42:12 pm »
Well, I've never dated before. But I have this feeling that a girl likes me alot and wants me to like her back.

oscar_the_grouch

Open Relationships
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 07:57:05 pm »
It seems to work for some people, and not for others. As long as you are and your partner are comfortable with it, it really isn't anyone else's buisness.

Elizabeth Rose

Open Relationships
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 09:07:28 pm »
If my boyfriend even suggested this to me, I'd dump him on the spot.  Hell will freeze over before I allow someone to be in the same position as me in his world.  That makes me second.  Selfish?  Maybe, but NO WAY will I stand for that.

I'm nice, I really am. :mellow:

Rachy

Open Relationships
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 12:41:09 am »
I think it depends if you love your partner or not.  I really wouldn't be comfortable with it.   The way I see it, if a person loves someone they shouldn't WANT to be with anyone else at the same time.

Lil Loco

Open Relationships
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 07:46:03 am »
nah, i wouldnt do that.  im real big on loyalty in the relationship.  i aint callin people that are willin to do that disloyal, but for me if i'm in a relationship with sumone, i give 'em my all.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Open Relationships
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 07:48:06 am »
but for me if i'm in a relationship with sumone, i give 'em my all.
[snapback]251213[/snapback]

I couldn't have put it any better myself.

Open relationships are dumb.  It seems to me that there's no real feelings there, since you're not devoted to one person.

Dragon Of Grief

Open Relationships
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 12:53:24 pm »
Maybe you just like several people? It's really hard when you love several peoplle the same way... you can easily be devoted to more then one person. I see no problem with it. I love John and Holly equally, and they both know it.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Open Relationships
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 03:45:59 pm »
Not to step on toes here, but I agree strongly with Liz. No one would be allowed to share my boyfriend and no one else could have me, either. I always feel, if he wants to be with someone else...he shouldn't be dating me. Period.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Open Relationships
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005, 04:29:44 pm »
No way would I ever, EVER think about that. Its dumb, in my opinion of course. Why would I share the one I love?

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Open Relationships
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 10:27:50 am »
To me there is no such thing as an Open Relationship; if you're with more than one person then you're not in a true relationship anyway.

Dragon Of Grief

Open Relationships
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 10:51:40 am »
It does feel a little strange... I am probly gonna leave my girlfriend soon and stay with just John.