Author Topic: When Disney was Good...  (Read 20954 times)

Elizabeth Rose

When Disney was Good...
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 02:35:12 pm »
You can't say Finding Nemo was bad.

And Disney was a lot better then, I won't disagree.  Every so often, occasionaly, rarely, a good movie will turn up, but not like it used to be.
[snapback]287932[/snapback]
I can.

And I have to agree, Disney has gotten sucky.  They need to quit with all the sequels.  All it says is that they have run out of decent ideas for new movies.  As far as the Snopes site, I don't buy that BS.  Disney has placed subliminal content in their films.  People may try to say it's fake, but c'mon, there was a nude woman in The Rescuers, and a hooker in The Great Mouse Detective.  These are among a few reasons why I generally hate Disney.

I do like a few of the movies though.  Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, 101 Dalmations, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty owned.  Toy Story was ok.

By the way, on the whole Aladdin deal, that was DEFINITELY a subliminal message.  There have been kids (some that I know personally) who heard that and had no idea that is was supposed to be there.  The younger you are the more able you are to hear things like that, hence why children can hear it and adults have a hard time.  Heck, I had to turn it way up and rewind three times before I found it.

Lol, I remember wanting a Princess Jasmine Barbie.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 02:38:25 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
When Disney was Good...
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 02:19:26 am »
I do recon that a lot of these subliminal messages in these films are totally accidental. For example the cover of the little mermaid DVD, or the whole thing that S-E-X is written in the sky on lion king (or S-F-X whatever it was) I mean, sometimes these things can happen accidentally. I've done loads of animations where things end up looking like their not because of a badly drawn line, or a pain smudge.

Thats just my opinion anyway.

Sb129

When Disney was Good...
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 05:41:23 am »
Finding Nemo is a great movie,Cars looks good too.Also what's up with Disney having the nerve to say freaking gay "High School Musical" charged the nation by storm or something like that.Last time I checked alot of people I know would rather watch infomercials than that crud!

Banana

When Disney was Good...
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 07:08:33 am »
Ugh, Pixar is not Disney, Disney just distributes them.  Toy Story isn't Disney.

BiggerSquarierSpongier

When Disney was Good...
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2006, 07:56:33 am »
Have you seen The Emperor's  New Groove? One of Disney's BEST comedy animations. It came out in 2000.

Have you seen Lio & Stitch? It came out in '02 and is another great movie.

Have you seen The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? It came out Last Year, in 2005, and is Disney. And its frickin brilliant, like the books.
[snapback]287910[/snapback]
Hitchhiker's Guide isn't Disney....

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
When Disney was Good...
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2006, 05:40:55 pm »
Have you seen The Emperor'sĀ  New Groove? One of Disney's BEST comedy animations. It came out in 2000.

Have you seen Lio & Stitch? It came out in '02 and is another great movie.

Have you seen The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? It came out Last Year, in 2005, and is Disney. And its frickin brilliant, like the books.
[snapback]287910[/snapback]
Hitchhiker's Guide isn't Disney....
[snapback]288063[/snapback]
Buena Vista is owned by Disney. Its a somewhat Disney movie. Disney would pretty much have to authorize sequels, if the did them.

ernest310

When Disney was Good...
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 02:35:33 pm »
Not to backtrack too much, but I definitely agree that The Emperor's New Groove is the best Disney film out there.  I'm actually not much into Disney cartoons, so when my roommates wanted to watch it, I wasn't expecting much.

Lines like "Why do we even have that lever?" and "I've been turned into a cow...can I go home?" remain among the funniest lines I've ever heard in a Disney movie--or any movie, period.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
When Disney was Good...
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 04:13:37 pm »
disney was good with the classics, llike lion king,cinderella, beauty and the beast, fox and the hound..those oldtime movies..now they suck major lolly pop..
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
When Disney was Good...
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 09:59:42 am »
Yea. Now the new ones have no conflict. Or a pathetic bad guy. They need to make more like Maleficent dangit!

edso

When Disney was Good...
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 11:05:44 am »
Well Dan, the guy from Monsters Inc. was willing to kill children for money. But that's Pixar.

coolkid95

When Disney was Good...
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 03:06:04 pm »
i dnt leik finind nemo

edso

When Disney was Good...
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 03:36:25 pm »
Has "Finind Neomo" even been out? I remember "Finding Nemo" though.

coolkid95

When Disney was Good...
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 03:37:03 pm »
yea

spongebobnet

When Disney was Good...
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 03:39:12 pm »
I hate all Pixar.I just don't see the excitment,no parts that make me laugh like in spongebob.Finding Nemo was the best of all and is the only one I like.

coolkid95

When Disney was Good...
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 03:43:58 pm »
wut ios pixel?