Author Topic: Spongebob series much worst after movie  (Read 11756 times)

Hybride

Spongebob series much worst after movie
« on: September 04, 2006, 05:00:02 am »
I was disappointed with the Spongebob series after the movie. The script used to be much better and Spongebob not only was funny for toodlers and young'uns it was funny for teenagers and adults as well.

Now, the script writers are absolutely awful and the humour in Spongebob is very toodler and young children like. I am greatly disapointed. Just wanted to ask if anyone felt the same?

bub1028

Re: Spongebob series much worst after movie
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:36:34 am »
Read several topics here and you'll notice the same exact thing.

It's because of the different writers.

Sb129

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:12:58 am »
The old writers went to Camp Lazlo which is starting to become better than SB.

CloneTrooperX

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 08:22:39 am »
Cartoon Network just gets the good stuff huh?

bub1028

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 12:13:31 pm »
Yeah, where's the fairness in that?  O_o

Anyway, I've started watching more Cartoon Network recently.

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 05:47:20 pm »
Read several topics here and you'll notice the same exact thing.

It's because of the different writers.
Yah, I think it's partly that, but it may also be from the short amount of time they were given to write the episodes, because a few of the old writers still work on the show and their episodes aren't as good either.

evol687

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 04:02:17 pm »
at least the adult humor they had was not stupid perverted junk
it was straight edge humor that anyone can enjoy like 60s bill cosby comedy records.

I do agree the movie has almost disintagrated are poor comedic heroes of bikini bottom

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 04:27:40 pm »
Cartoon Network has been crap for quite some time. I used to enjoy watching that channel for just about every show they had but not its down to 2.

bub1028

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 05:55:08 pm »
I'll admit that yes, while several SpongeBob episodes lack the humor that was loved in the previous three seasons, several season four episodes have made me laugh several times.  Such as Dunces and Dragons, and Whale of a Birthday, and of course Krusty Towers.  We should look hopefully and hope that by season 5 the writers will learn to take as much time as necessary and hopefully read the responses and feelings about the current season four and try to make changes to that.  The thing SpongeBob has been lacking that's been getting to me in season four is the absence of humor that is for adults, and not only makes kids laugh. 

Sb129

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 09:34:09 am »
Cartoon Network has been crap for quite some time. I used to enjoy watching that channel for just about every show they had but not its down to 2.
What shows?

Sponge-Bart

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 03:59:29 pm »
I don't think the shows completely bad, but it sure isn't the same. I think "Wishing You Well" was pretty good. You look at The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy or Camp Lazlo, you'll see C.H. Greenblatt, and the last one he wrote was "Fear of a Krabby Patty". Some people are still there.

ernest310

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 02:53:33 pm »
I agree with essentially everything said here.

There are a few writers in season 4 who also wrote in earlier seasons (Paul Tibbitt, Aaron Springer, Tim Hill, and a couple others), though indeed most of them are new.

I keep wondering why Mr. Lawrence doesn't write any more episodes, at least not season 4 episodes.  He wrote a lot, especially seasons 1 and 2, and I remember really liking most of the episodes in which he was a writer.  I say this because he's obviously still with the show as the voices of Plankton and Larry (and Plankton actually has more of a presence in season 4 compared to seasons 2 and 3.)

Sb129

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 04:37:20 pm »
I do too, maybe because he's also on Lazlo as a writer & Edward? Who knows.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 07:42:39 am »
What shows?
I like Inuyasha, Family Guy, Futurama, DBZ, Naruto

Ok...more than 2 <_<

Sb129

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 04:56:52 pm »
Any real, real CN shows? FG & Futurama don't count since they were/are on Fox.

patrick2403

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 10:14:35 am »
Season 4 certainly isn't perfect, but I think it has some great episodes. I think it's just as good as Season 3. "Krusty Towers," "Krabs vs. Plankton," "Selling Out," "The Lost Mattress," "Whale of a Birthday," and "Ghost Host" were all awesome episodes.

Remember Season 3 had some stinkers as well ("SpongeBob Meets the Strangler," "Ugh," and "I Had an Accident" just to name a few).

evol687

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 11:38:09 am »
Hey Spongebob meets the strangler was drop dead immortal and so was its b-side short pranks a lot

This is one of the truly best last SB episode i have seen where I laughed from title card to end credit

and UGH is the most origanal SB short in the history of history

Do you know why

Because I took something that was used in another short and the dialouge/music and gags in this short are still gut bucketly classic

it is due to this fact because its season 3 and not 4 where spongebobs voice is way to preppy and right wing for a punkrock/goth/hippy to handle and my wife agrees with me 10,0000%

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 12:02:56 am »
Any real, real CN shows? FG & Futurama don't count since they were/are on Fox.
I watch Billy & Mandy occasionally...but not very often.

Thats about the only show thats on CN (not adult swim time)

PatSponge StarPants

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 10:46:59 pm »
I'm really sick of the Season 4 bashing. I like it. It's my second favorite season, only behind Season 3. Season 4 does have it's bad episodes (Such as Dunces and Dragons or Chimps Ahoy), but so does every other season. I'm not saying these episode are terrible but they are bad for SpongeBob's standards, because we all know how good this show is. So basically I'm saying that SpongeBob hasn't gone downhill at all. Anyone who says otherwise probably isn't a fan.

patrick2403

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 06:11:01 pm »
I totally agree, PatSponge!

aligirl

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 06:13:49 pm »
Season 4 isn't as good as the previous ones, but I'd give the writers credit for episodes like "Patrick Smartpants" and "Whale of a Birthday".

evol687

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 12:14:59 pm »
Why did they make patrick smart and generic and in that swill nugget that was patrick smartpants

I thought he was smarter and more original than all the sb characters combined and despite his foolishness he is the one of ther many reason why seasons one through three were amazing

His immortal moments include his apperences in

Pranks alot
naughty nautical neighbors
no weenies allowed
i'm with stupid
marmaidman and barnicle boy IV
life of crime
krusty towers(where him and squid stole the entire episode from the yellow guy and for a good reason he was being to much of a preppy and not a punk rocker for his own good)
and patty hype just to name a few