Author Topic: I Love MCR New Album!!  (Read 26776 times)

Patback399

Re: I Love MCR New Album!!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 07:28:54 am »
Check out the tags for MCR at RYM: http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/my_chemical_romance

UltraSpongeyDude

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 08:34:02 am »
In an interview with Kerrang, Gerard said that MCR is about to start work on a new album.  Yay!

Heres a quote:

"It feels like it's about the right time to be making a new record," says Way. "Maybe that's because 'The Black Parade' was talked about for so long before it was released, but it feels like that album's been out for a long time now. It's only been eight months but we're already on our fourth single and we've played a lot of shows.

"'The Black Parade' was the kind of record that you make but don't necessarily have a burning desire to perform because its creation was almost the point," he adds. "It was such an intense experience to make it, that there was almost a feeling of wanting to move on as soon as we released it. It was so artistically ambitious that it made us want to keep on creating."

Im hoping that this goes with the style of the Black Parade, and doesnt go back to the sound in Three Cheers, and Bullets.  Actually, I hope they mature even more on this album, and write more songs like Mama and The End.  Another Cancer type of song would be great too, that song  is amazing.

Patback399

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 03:33:50 pm »
In an interview with Kerrang, Gerard said that MCR is about to start work on a new album.  Yay!

Heres a quote:

"It feels like it's about the right time to be making a new record," says Way. "Maybe that's because 'The Black Parade' was talked about for so long before it was released, but it feels like that album's been out for a long time now. It's only been eight months but we're already on our fourth single and we've played a lot of shows.

"'The Black Parade' was the kind of record that you make but don't necessarily have a burning desire to perform because its creation was almost the point," he adds. "It was such an intense experience to make it, that there was almost a feeling of wanting to move on as soon as we released it. It was so artistically ambitious that it made us want to keep on creating."

Im hoping that this goes with the style of the Black Parade, and doesnt go back to the sound in Three Cheers, and Bullets.  Actually, I hope they mature even more on this album, and write more songs like Mama and The End.  Another Cancer type of song would be great too, that song  is amazing.

I think it's more that they are slaves to capitalism.

bub1028

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 05:31:55 pm »
Sweet... I feel the opposite way, I don't know why.  It's probably because I just got into this band... but to me it doesn't seem like Black Parade has been around for a while.  But so far, each album has come out every 2 years... next is '08...

I agree, I hope they stick with Black Parade style.  But I wouldn't be too upset for more like 3CFSR.

ilovespongebob

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 09:37:57 am »
wooo, the new albums really cool,i managed to get my bro liking them too,and hes only 30. but there are other reasons why i like the band...(goes into dreaming-about Gerard way-state of mind) *soz cant help it, hes really reallyreally cute and sexy. i gotta big poster of them in mybedroom and...*im gonna stop there or i'll bore you all*

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 03:53:53 am »
Sweet... I feel the opposite way, I don't know why.  It's probably because I just got into this band... but to me it doesn't seem like Black Parade has been around for a while.  But so far, each album has come out every 2 years... next is '08...

I agree, I hope they stick with Black Parade style.  But I wouldn't be too upset for more like 3CFSR.

I second that! 3CFSR wasn't that bad. But Th Black Parade was AWSOME!  :blink:
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Patback399

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 06:17:40 am »
The whole band seems entirely pretentious.

ilovespongebob

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 09:33:08 am »
whats pretentious mean?

David

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 09:34:38 am »
1: characterized by pretension: as a: making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) <the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him — Richard Watts> b: expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature <pretentious language> <pretentious houses>
2: making demands on one's skill, ability, or means : ambitious <the pretentious daring of the Green Mountain Boys in crossing the lake — American Guide Series: Vermont>

Patback399

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 10:07:07 am »
Yeah. For example, wearing a shirt with a picture of yourself on it is really pretentious. Or totally overestimating your band.

ilovespongebob

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 10:51:16 am »
ah touche, but i still love them to pieces though,no ones stopping me.

NastyPatty

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2007, 11:33:42 am »
I don't enjoy MCR.
Me too, goth music is the worst. Who wants to listen to music about death and blood and killing?

bub1028

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 01:17:50 pm »
Sweet... we might go see Projekt Revolution next Saturday.  I've been watching videos of it on Youtube and it is AMAZING. 

Patback399

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 02:18:15 pm »
I don't enjoy MCR.
Me too, goth music is the worst. Who wants to listen to music about death and blood and killing?

Actually, Arcade Fire handles the subject of death quite tastefully.

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2007, 09:18:25 pm »
Death? Where do you get the idea that death is common in Arcade Fire's work?

By the way, Funeral is great!
All Time

Weekly