Author Topic: Ellen's Acres Has Been Cancelled  (Read 4537 times)

Sky View

Ellen's Acres Has Been Cancelled
« on: February 28, 2007, 09:24:07 am »
Hey everybody,

The very cute "Ellen's Acres" was taken off the air by Cartoon Network after only two weeks. Did anyone get a chance to catch it? Five year old Ellen uses her creativity to keep from gettng bored at her parents motel. Kids would like this idea. it shows kids how far they can take their imagination.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 02:41:51 pm by Sky View »

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen's Acres Has Been Canceled
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 10:11:10 am »
WTF that one?! That was *actually* a good show for little kids. I woulda watched that over teletubbies anyday.....pffft

For those that don't know what I'm talkin bout, you mighta seen this if you flipped on the tv in the morning:

David

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 05:27:37 am »
Might've heard of it, but never watched it. =/

Sky View

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 10:36:12 pm »
WTF that one?! That was *actually* a good show for little kids. I woulda watched that over teletubbies anyday.....pffft

For those that don't know what I'm talkin bout, you mighta seen this if you flipped on the tv in the morning:

Hi VulturEMan

Your absolutely right.  It was a great show. I can't understand how a quality program like this only got two weeks. What happened to at least a trial period of a month? Those days are gone I guess.
It was a such a sweet idea for pre school age children.

BTW: Very nice picture you posted there.   -_-

David:

you can watch an episode of Ellen's Acres here: http://www.ellensacres.com/watch.php

Maybe CN will change their mind and give this cute show another go.  :huh:

redhouse63

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 06:34:43 am »
It's sad now that television programs geared toward preschoolers are subjected to the harsh world of network ratings. Sometimes quality, not quantity should win out, especially if it's in the benefit of children. It's unheard of these days to broadcast a show that explores an imagination, a girl's imagination, without violence and the lessons learned are not pedantic in nature. I truly thought Ellen's Acres was terrific in creating an environment that engages boys and girls.

Thanks for the post. I'll spread the word and have my friends watch the webisodes.

Sky View

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 12:04:26 pm »
It's sad now that television programs geared toward preschoolers are subjected to the harsh world of network ratings. Sometimes quality, not quantity should win out, especially if it's in the benefit of children. It's unheard of these days to broadcast a show that explores an imagination, a girl's imagination, without violence and the lessons learned are not pedantic in nature. I truly thought Ellen's Acres was terrific in creating an environment that engages boys and girls.

Thanks for the post. I'll spread the word and have my friends watch the webisodes.

Everything you said is absolutely true. Quality programs are up against the harsh reality of networks expecting immediate high rattings. I'm glad your going to tell your friends about the show. That's really cool.

Sb129

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 06:07:28 am »
Wow, people joined just to postin this thread?  :rolleyes:

It didn't get any ratings so it got canned, like Zim. Though Zim got 1 & a half seasons.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 07:47:07 am »
It only had 2 weeks to get ratings tho, and it wasn't advertized, and it was an early morning show. How could they expect to get ratings?

I loved it. It was the only thing goin for CN to compete with Blues Clues/Dora

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 08:51:15 am »
Here's the banners that Sky View made :)

Sky View

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 04:20:36 pm »
Here's the banners that Sky View made :)

Thanks Vultureman for posting them.  :mellow:

Sky View

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 10:02:22 am »
It only had 2 weeks to get ratings tho, and it wasn't advertized, and it was an early morning show. How could they expect to get ratings?

Yes, I agree. Ellen's Acres was the only show that could compete with Blues and Dora. Blues clues was very popular at one time and it did have nice element to educate kids. Unfortunatly, now a days networks don't bother to put in the much needed advertising a new show needs to get the demanding ratings networks are looking for.  :unsure:

redhouse63

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 08:21:45 pm »

You're absouletly right. If primetime shows have difficulty gaining enough people to stay on the air, how can a children's show in a morning time slot be able to? There are hundreds of channels to choose from and if there are no promos or write-ups about it how are people supposed to watch it?

Sb129

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 02:10:50 pm »

I usually watch CN alot & before this show was aired it was advertised about every commercial break.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen's Acres Has Been Cancelled
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 02:19:53 pm »
i watch it quite alot too, and i never saw a single one...whaaaaa