Author Topic: favorite episodes from bikini bottom adventures  (Read 4756 times)

MiraclrPlz

favorite episodes from bikini bottom adventures
« on: July 13, 2007, 08:13:28 pm »
put ur favs in order. rate by stars from 1 to 4

mine:

1.Krabs la Mode.-****
2. New Digs-****
3. Breath of Fresh Squidward-****
4.Good ol Whatshisname-****
5.-Bucket Sweet Bucket-****
6. Boat Smarts-***+
7. RollerCowards-***+

ernest310

Re: favorite episodes from bikini bottom adventures
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 02:57:43 pm »
I was going to do my thread "Season 5: Second Thoughts," but now I see this.  Compared to the other boards, this one doesn't get too much traffic, so we shouldn't be surprised that posts don't get responded to for a few days.

Well I usually do my scoring out of 10, so I'll continue that here.

Watching this set of Season 5 episodes became a case of the good news and the bad news.  The bad news is that these episodes are, for the most part, worse than the ones from the "Friend or Foe?" DVD.  The good news is that these actually served to raise my judgment of those early episodes.  The scores I gave, for instance, "The Original Fry Cook" and "Waiting" would actually be higher now; as I watched them a couple more times, they're actually quite good.

On to this DVD's episodes (minor plot spoilers):

Boat Smarts: 5/10  I LOVED this one the first time.  So why the 5?  It had a great beginning with that long acronym. LOL.  But every time I'd watch it, I liked it less and less.  It's quite violent, and the whole Squidward-seatbelt thing is frankly inappropriate.  It actually can serve to discourage people from wearing seatbelts.  Indeed, seatbelts can produce certain dangers, as any viewer of the movie Crash can attest.  But it's no comparison to the dangers of not wearing one.  Anyway...

Good 'ol Whatshisname: 6/10 Some witty parts here, nothing great.

New Digs: 7/10 I feel like I can see the somewhat different style that the new writers (Nate Cash and Tuck Tucker) bring to the show.  This one was pretty good.  The best scene was when Spongebob realizes he's late for work.

Krabs a la Mode: 7/10 Again, a pretty good episode.  That brief conversation between Plankton and Spongebob (about the latter's weekend--losing the net, asking Squidward for one, swallowing a bug) was classic.  I wish we'd see more of that.

Roller Cowards: 8/10  Overall good stuff here.  I confess to having found the "Mitten" scene really amusing.  The look on Patrick's face while they're wrapped up in the tape waiting for the scary ride to begin was also great.

Bucket Sweet Bucket: 2/10  And here we come to (IMO) the first "dud" episode of Season 5.  There's very little to be happy about here.  I give it a 2 because there are some isolated scenes of humor.  But we see some instances of an attempt to resuscitate/recreate that which characterized especially seasons 2 and 3.  The writers tried to pull a "Wet Painters" here, with Plankton instead of Mr. Krabs, and to be honest, it just doesn't work.

Breath of Fresh Squidward: 8/10  Not a bad episode by any means.  The first half or so of this episode had some great scenes, for example, Spongebob's retelling the story of what happens when Squidwards see them, to Squidward's ranting--"3 hours later"--to Patrick's line about never picnicking on a catapult were some of the funnier parts of this episode.  I didn't really like the ending.  The way Spongebob kicked out Squidward and none of the other party attenders responding just didn't make sense.  When the guy you're celebrating gets kicked out, you don't just pretend like nothing happened.

Still much of Season 5 to go!

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 08:13:50 pm »
Hey, for either of you that have watched the new episodes on DVD, is Erik Wiese (not sure if I spelled it right) still one of the main writers for the show? I noticed him missing from season 5, and to be honest he wrote most of the season 4 episodes that I thought were half-way decent.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 09:58:19 pm »
I don't remember seeing his name in the BBA dvd.

NastyPatty

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 11:23:50 am »
I liked most of the episodes. Here's my thoughts on them:

"Boat Smarts": Pretty clever I guess, it's another training video much like the "Krusty Krab Training Video" epiosde. Some of the parts were pretty funny, including the long abbreviation at the beginning, SpongeBob driving backwards into Squidward and Ms. Puff and saying "Hi" to them, etc.

"Good 'Ol Whatshisname": Probably my least favorite episode on the DVD, but it's still pretty good, mostly the part when Squidward's in the jail cell and Mr. Krabs says "Oh you mean that brochure. That's the prize. The brochure. Taking up too much room in me draw, so it's your prize," and Squidward finding out the guys name is really Mr. What Zit Tooya.

"Roller Cowards": Pretty good, especially the scene where Patrick, SpongeBob and the baby on the Mitten and when they're on the Fiery Fist 'O Doom, "I don't want to face my fears, I'm afraid of them!"

... I'll get to the other episodes later, I'm a bit lazy right now.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 11:46:09 pm »
It's "Mister Whatt Zit Tooya."

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 09:00:32 am »
^ Mr What Zit Tooya