Author Topic: pickels  (Read 4740 times)

Sponge-Bart

pickels
« on: December 28, 2007, 04:33:09 pm »
I think this is one of the most underrated episodes of SB ever. I saw it this morning, and I thought it was great, but not a lot of people recognize or talk about it here.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Re: pickels
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 05:42:39 pm »
It's a good episode but I just find Bubble Bass annoying as heck. I find him funny in this episode, though, when he gets in trouble. :)

EVan

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 10:57:25 am »
Yeah..this episide is actually really good. I would choose it over season 4+ garbage anyday.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 01:37:59 pm »
It is from season 1, and thus a classic. All the episodes from back then were at least watchable. There were better, but Pickles was pretty good.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 05:11:51 pm »
I actually didn't like "Pickles" very much myself. Just like Timo said, Bubble Bass was annoying as heck.

ernest310

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 03:54:02 pm »
When I watch "Pickles," I get the impression that the writers/producers were riding a lot on it.  You see this in the opening music and just the overall feel of it.

But I agree: the Bubble Bass character didn't come off very well.  We see him again briefly in "F.U.N.," which suggests to me that the writers/producers were possibly planning to make him a recurring character like Larry the Lobster or the Flying Dutchman, appearing in occassional episodes.  But as we all know, his character was dropped.

Possibly the writers/producers had the same conclusions given here ("annoying as heck.")

SJP2.0

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 03:55:47 pm »
Kind of a so-so episode. I wouldn't call it a classic but not terrible.