Author Topic: Mac Vs. Pc  (Read 335464 times)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1065 on: August 10, 2005, 07:37:49 pm »
Seeing as a flame war is beginning in another topic, I decided to post my thoughts again here.

Windows does not suck if you really know how to use the OS. If it crashes on you, you really are that stupid with computers.
If you get spyware in windows, you are going to the wrong sites you moron.
[snapback]207356[/snapback]

Funny...I had to re-boot windows barley out of the box. I still had shrink wrap on some of the devices. With My Mac I booted it up and it was ready to go no error messages. Plus, Macs arent idiot proff. No computer is, really. I dont have to have 6 different spyware programs on my mac. No virus protection. Why? Because I stay away from limewire and the like and there arent as nearly as many virsus written for mac then there are for pc....
[snapback]216713[/snapback]
Was it a used windows out of the box or brand new?
You dont need 6 spyware programs. Only 1 or 2.
Avast Antivirus is the only virus program you need ^_^
Limewire hasnt given me viruses since I've used it for the first time like a year ago.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1066 on: August 10, 2005, 08:39:33 pm »
Out of the box BRAND NEW. And I've downloaded quite a bit of spyware protection. Mac doesnt need any. Nor does it need any anti virus programs. It was a job keeping my pc in tip-top shape. This is a lot easier. With a dock, I dont have icons clogging up my desktop, either. It's rather nice. It has its drawbacks. After you close a program you have to quit by hitting Apple->Q or go up to the menu and hit quit in the program drop box to get it to fully quit. On the upside, if I accidentally close the box the program is still open. If I hit "F11" it'll move the current window I'm working on over to the side so I can access my desktop. It's a rather nice machine...

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1067 on: August 10, 2005, 09:57:49 pm »
Out of the box BRAND NEW. And I've downloaded quite a bit of spyware protection. Mac doesnt need any. Nor does it need any anti virus programs. It was a job keeping my pc in tip-top shape. This is a lot easier. With a dock, I dont have icons clogging up my desktop, either. It's rather nice. It has its drawbacks. After you close a program you have to quit by hitting Apple->Q or go up to the menu and hit quit in the program drop box to get it to fully quit. On the upside, if I accidentally close the box the program is still open. If I hit "F11" it'll move the current window I'm working on over to the side so I can access my desktop. It's a rather nice machine...
[snapback]216760[/snapback]
Glad to read you enjoy your Mac. I like it too, the bottem screen is nice, it stores all the programs I use and yet it doesn't clog up my desktop with icons like windows would. I use Limewire and I have no problems with spyware and virus's.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1068 on: August 10, 2005, 10:48:30 pm »
Because I stay away from limewire and the like and there arent as nearly as many virsus written for mac then there are for pc....

And I've downloaded quite a bit of spyware protection. Mac doesnt need any. Nor does it need any anti virus programs.
[snapback]216760[/snapback]
Hmmm...I see differences between these 2 quotes. Can you find them?

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1069 on: August 11, 2005, 07:40:27 am »
Yes, there is a huge difference.

I dont have limewire on my MAC. I had it on my PC. Amd you could go to any site and get spyware, not jusr P2P programs.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1070 on: August 11, 2005, 11:46:52 am »
The first quote you said that macs hardly get viruses but then the second quote you said you dont need a virus program for macs. How can that be? :O

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1071 on: August 11, 2005, 12:39:38 pm »
I have actually looked  more into macs. OS10 is really cool(beats the crappy OS1.2 my school uses). I just dont like its lack of customizabilty(sp?/is it even a word?). With Windows you can custmomize to your dreams fullest extent almost. If the Apple computer ever becomes more customizable then I will like it a lot more than I do now.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1072 on: August 11, 2005, 03:46:05 pm »
The first quote you said that macs hardly get viruses but then the second quote you said you dont need a virus program for macs. How can that be? :O
[snapback]216873[/snapback]
Because Mac's don't really have that many virues writen for them. There is only about 50 virius's for Macs and the last one was mad in 2000 before OS X.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1073 on: August 11, 2005, 04:03:38 pm »
Because Mac's don't really have that many virues writen for them. There is only about 50 virius's for Macs and the last one was mad in 2000 before OS X.
[snapback]216971[/snapback]

Oops, forgot to point that out.  :laugh:

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1074 on: August 11, 2005, 05:05:54 pm »
She said that you dont need a virus program so that basically means you'll be keeping the virus on the Mac a long time.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1075 on: August 11, 2005, 05:55:00 pm »
Even if there arent many virsuses you still need a virus program.

Spongey34

Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1076 on: August 11, 2005, 05:55:24 pm »
could it be another victim? welcome to the club, now we need a sign that says no ssjs allwoed, because one day he'll want to join. :tongue:

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1077 on: August 12, 2005, 09:29:33 am »

because Macs aren't nearly as popular as Windows (although I will admit Windows is coded worse).

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1078 on: August 15, 2005, 02:42:05 pm »

because Macs aren't nearly as popular as Windows (although I will admit Windows is coded worse).
[snapback]217331[/snapback]
A Ha you admit Windows isn't perfect! And what do you expect Microsoft tries to get products out as soon as possialbe even if that means releasing a buggy OS. Although I admit the Mac OS 10.0 wasn't that stable, and was picky. But it was a whole new OS.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1079 on: August 15, 2005, 04:23:52 pm »
Is Tiger unstable? Or was this another version of OSX?