Author Topic: Forum Stock?  (Read 2353 times)

edso

Forum Stock?
« on: August 16, 2004, 07:17:42 am »
:unsure:  I have friend who owns a forum for guys who need.....help :blink:  He sid it was not his forum and said he had "Stock" in it he advertises it on his site And goes in the mod leauge wich is a group of mods powerd by a forum company I do not know what theres were but the creator was in the Mod lg. Know he is shes a admin his sites gets members and traffic  :happy: And he is in a 8 mod thing to see if he can by forum stock in the company with the company forums? There is a  bad part to this though the sites started mergeing......do to the fact that the sites were getting closer and closer the admin of the forums told hhim to give him the link of her webpage he edited it the forums and sites merged!  :angry:  Then they had thousands of members ditching the company due to the forum stock.

My point is I kinda wanna hear if this  has ever happend before?

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Forum Stock?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 07:25:50 am »

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Forum Stock?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 08:43:02 am »
Errr....

I think he's talking about selling shares of stock in a forum.

ShantiLuva

Forum Stock?
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 09:35:28 am »
Great you wanna cookie? cause where I come from that being a post whore :rolleyes:  

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Forum Stock?
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 11:19:12 am »
Errr....

I think he's talking about selling shares of stock in a forum.
I got that part...I just didn't understand what he was getting at.

edso

Forum Stock?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 03:15:41 pm »
I mean.........this is what happens when sites merge and one owner isnt happy......

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Forum Stock?
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 06:31:59 pm »
No, it happens when the forum gets incredibly large and the Admin cant be there to Mod the forum his or herself so, they get some outside help.

As for "stock". "Fancy" forums have sponsors that help pay for webspace and special features. The sponsor is allowed to advertise on the forum by a banner, ad or whatever and in turn they help with the finances to keep the community up and running. You could use free forum space like ezboard.com, but most people put up and maintain the forum themselves.

I belong to another forum that has well over 10,00 members (real big forum!!) It has over 10 mods or so. Above the main forum page are ads and banners. Thats what the ads and banners are for. It can be used to help keep the forum free for all users. Hope that helps.