Author Topic: Football Season  (Read 22273 times)

foulpattie

Football Season
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2004, 05:45:06 pm »
He's from the university of miami. The get all kinds of loser players there and history proves it. I hope Mc-GAY-HE tears his knee.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Football Season
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2004, 05:46:06 pm »
yeah when you ask like that after not even spending a season there thats low

Kenny Blankenship

Football Season
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2004, 05:46:10 pm »
What? Someone wants to play football and is good enough. I would do the same exact thing.
(sigh)

You would turn your back to a team that drafted you in the 1st round, when you just suffered a horrific knee injury a few months earlier, and others teams wouldn't even think  about drafting you?

Ever heard of a thing called loyalty?

foulpattie

Football Season
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2004, 05:50:26 pm »
he should be thankful that he can still play football.  

ShantiLuva

Football Season
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2004, 09:21:09 pm »
Well football season has sorta started. Preseason anyway. I'm pumped for this year. I'm still trying to pick the super bowl winner. I think the chiefs may win but i'm not sure about that yet. Maybe Seattle...
I'm voting Eagles :biggrin:  

Spongey34

Football Season
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2004, 10:29:43 pm »
Go Colts! :biggrin:

They lost tonight... but oh well... preseason doesn't mean much.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 10:30:05 pm by Spongey34 »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Football Season
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2004, 07:33:39 am »
Haha, I just want Lions to do better than last season. :tongue:

Kenny Blankenship

Football Season
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2004, 07:46:40 am »
Haha, I just want Lions to do better than last season. :tongue:
They should be better.  I don't think the Lions will make the playoffs, but 8-8 is a good possibility.  Next year, though, the Lions should definitely be thinking playoffs.

Starr2k3

Football Season
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2004, 08:51:48 am »
What? Someone wants to play football and is good enough. I would do the same exact thing.
(sigh)

You would turn your back to a team that drafted you in the 1st round, when you just suffered a horrific knee injury a few months earlier, and others teams wouldn't even think  about drafting you?

Ever heard of a thing called loyalty?
Did he ask the Bills to get him? No. He came to the Pro Football league to play, not sit.

spongey675

Football Season
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2004, 09:51:56 am »
can't wait till the real season starts!

Kenny Blankenship

Football Season
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2004, 10:20:38 am »
Did he ask the Bills to get him? No. He came to the Pro Football league to play, not sit.
Oh, COME ON.  The Bills drafted him when 20 other teams wouldn't, when they already had a good RB, when it wasn't even a guarantee he would play a down ever again.  The LEAST he could do is show a little gratitude and be thankful that the Bills believed in him, when no one else did.

Starr2k3

Football Season
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2004, 10:34:20 am »
Everyone knew he would play again. He just wouldn't of played that year. I gaurantee that if Bills did not get him, someone else would in the 2nd round.

foulpattie

Football Season
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2004, 10:39:23 am »
We you recover from an injury you may not be the same player. There was no gurantee that he was going to be as good as he was in college.  

Kenny Blankenship

Football Season
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2004, 10:54:23 am »
I gaurantee that if Bills did not get him, someone else would in the 2nd round.
So???  The Bills liked McGahee so much, they used their 1st  round pick on him, giving him more money than he would've gotten if he was drafted in the 2nd.

The Bills could've used their pick on someone less risky, as 20 other teams before them did, but the Bills drafted him anyway.  The Bills were patient, letting McGahee heal for a year, and they are giving him every  opportunity to win the starting job.  How you think it's OK for McGahee to ask for a trade after what the Bills have done for him is beyond me.

Spongey34

Football Season
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2004, 11:16:40 am »
Exactly.  He should be thankful and show some respect.  But now that Henry's hurt, he should be the starter anyway...