Author Topic: More Writing  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
More Writing
« on: September 25, 2004, 11:26:08 am »
Here is something esle I wrote along with what is in the Easter Island Head that I entered into another contest.

The Secret Life of Plants
By: B.J. Edwards

Stave 1

Darkness is the unseen, and the uncertain. It is what lies upon the present, darkness is the future, and darkness must be put into the past for good. The door is open, and we need to shut it, before it is too late! We can still see the light, but it is dim but still, its presents will be with us always.
The little hope of faith is shining through the holes of darkness. This is the sign of happiness something we all hope to feel…just one more time!

The time was 2455; it was the year, the year that ice cream became a delicacy, and disposable diapers became illegal, it was also the year that my faith was reveled to the most unsuspecting person…me!
   It starts off late, deep into the night’s dark stormy wrath. It is funny how the most mysteries, frightful things, can be the most simple. This is how my journey starts off.
   Yes, it was dark, yes it was scary, but my mind was somewhere else. It was on a journey of fait…and it started with the dream! The dream that boggles the mind with rays of confusion and mysteries of all sort. I first thought it out to just be a weird vision, but then I realize that this might mean something…but what?
It starts off in a valley, and a most glorious valley if I do say so myself. I found myself to be walking, not an investigational, just a simple walk the kind of walk that a parent would take with their child to the park, but I found that to be wrong.
Yes, this I found to be thus no walk to be taken be a child by such a young age, I found this to be the walk to be the walk that the condemn man, walking the walk to his deserving death, that is what this walk was all about, getting thy justice…good or bad!
It was a flower, yes, it was a flower, that is what this was, tis what I find that the end of my road, a blooming flower, right before my eyes, it’s fantastical glory a shadows all with happiness deep inside us. But this experience was yet a short one, the flower has bloomed, the ride was over, and I awoke in a shock of sweat and confusion.
But like I said, I shook it off at first, coming to the conclusion that it was just a dream, a joke, a something; it didn’t mean anything… did it?
At this point I just couldn’t figure it out, my mind was in a jumble, and heart was not focused on the future, the one place that it should have been!

And here is what is in the Easter Island Head

The After Life and Then Some

It was late, o yes, very late that night when my solemn, and sacred journey of my passing came to be so, yet my mind did not read the dishearten thoughts of departure and the loss of my own one. My own self, would soon to be the one who would walk the walk and feel the pain and suffering that has been felt by the many others who have walked the Last Mile. Or so they call it, as it apparently, was not the last mile, that had to be walked, that had to be endured. There is yet one more road to be followed, the path between earth and the Heavens which lay yet so far from my shallow reach of hand, it mocks me with such mockery each passing day. As I continue on knowing that its quintessence will never be felt, by my cold dark hands of sadness. Yet, my misfortune is the results of the dark deed I set forth and carried out onto the innocent souls that are now within the placid hills of the Heavens. The land that I shall never inhabit, never less lay eye upon. So I suppose that my prediction of happiness did not come forth into future, it remains in the past, a land far greater then Heaven, as it was the fraction of my life where I myself was once a happy lad, and death did not cross or even spark my mind. Because those who do not fear it, will fear it soon. It is human nature to fear the uncertain and the unseen.
So thus my glorious deed, have evolved into a knotty deed. All I had to do was think, the one think the future will lack indeed.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
More Writing
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 01:05:08 pm »
Hmmm... interesting. Nice use of words, but a little short. 8/10

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
More Writing