Author Topic: What If Life Has No Meaning?  (Read 18881 times)

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
What If Life Has No Meaning?
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2005, 04:36:13 pm »
Saying there is no God is contradictorial to the statement there is no God.    Of course He could have created the world in 7 days.  I do not think that thing a day being 1000 years is true, the human mind can not try to understand God so don't try.  God is ment to be worshiped, not questioned.
[snapback]172963[/snapback]
'

But that question was already answered. Time isn't anything to God, it was pretty much man-made.

To say life is meaningless is like putting a bullet to your head. In a sense, it's suicide. You might as well just take the whole definition of life away from yourself and start walking around like a zombie for the rest of your life. You can atleast try to come up with a meaning. Obviously, you're rebelling against God (whether you believe in him or not, I could really care less). Rebellion has to have a reason to back it up, instead of going around like an idiot shouting you're a rebel without a cause. You were given a life to live, from whoever you believe in, and it's there for you to live, not throw away. It ticks me off when someone is depressed because they say "life has no meaning". Why are you here? You have a purpose, you just have to find it on your own. No one's going to hold your hand and guide you down the road of life, unfortunatly, so get a grip on reality and start respecting yourself. Start something, and give yourself a meaning.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2005, 06:34:26 pm »
That makes absolutely no sense, if you think about it hard enough.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2005, 12:00:01 am »
Ok....my meaning of life is...to sufer the fate of humanity and its stupidity....lol.
Or something along those lines...
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2005, 03:14:15 pm »
[snapback]177677[/snapback]

It makes sense, you're just missing the point.

Make something of your life and quit whining about it. Take it as your own responsiblity instead of shoving this "life has no meaning" bull in everyone else's faces. That's not directed toward you, it's just summarizing what I'd said before that "made no sense".

Gideon Brown

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2005, 03:31:04 pm »
I was referring to the reply that says if there is no meaning to life then there wouldn't be life. That's saying that all species are special, and humans shouldn't slaughter them...but since when did humans ever think about that?

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2005, 03:48:57 pm »
I was referring to the reply that says if there is no meaning to life then there wouldn't be life. That's saying that all species are special, and humans shouldn't slaughter them...but since when did humans ever think about that?
[snapback]177856[/snapback]

Quote.

You've got vegetarians and animal activists for that.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2005, 03:50:11 pm »
And quite possibly I'm an environmentalist?! *gasps* Dear God, no...that can't be POSSIBLE!

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2005, 03:56:34 pm »
[snapback]177677[/snapback]

It makes sense, you're just missing the point.

Make something of your life and quit whining about it. Take it as your own responsiblity instead of shoving this "life has no meaning" bull in everyone else's faces. That's not directed toward you, it's just summarizing what I'd said before that "made no sense".
[snapback]177843[/snapback]

thank you, thank you and THANK YOU!!!! You took the words out of my mouth.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2005, 06:18:17 pm »
You know...I THOUGHT I explained myself, but clearly I haven't.
Let me make myself clear. I DO believe MY life has a meaning. And that meaning is to help in saving the whales, which will mean moving to the coast. But that's the whole reason for my being alive.
I was referring to "If there was no meaning in life, then there would be no life" which is total load of bull. An amoeba has no goal in life...it just lives.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2005, 11:58:37 pm »
Ok, for my REAL meaning to life: Become a sucess at a director or novelist.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.