Author Topic: Third & Final Debate  (Read 22711 times)

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Third & Final Debate
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2004, 06:36:18 pm »
Don't know why everyone hated her.
Maybe because they didn't want to stop believing in their religion...they didn't want to have an open mind because they were afraid of losing their faith? I don't know...

Gideon Brown

Third & Final Debate
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2004, 06:37:56 pm »
It wasn't quite having an open mind. Uhhh.....she made us debate things...she said have an open mind, but Jesus Christ was God no matter WHAT.  

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Third & Final Debate
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2004, 06:39:45 pm »
It wasn't quite having an open mind. Uhhh.....she made us debate things...she said have an open mind, but Jesus Christ was God no matter WHAT.
That's pretty much how it is at my school. And I don't even go to a religious high school. I'm just about the only one who brings up a point that everyone is tying religion into the issue, and not everyone in the world is religious.

MiraclrPlz

Third & Final Debate
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2004, 07:53:15 pm »
You say that the bible contradicts itself? Don't other religions contradict themselves, as well? Do you think that Jesus Christ was the one and only savior of man, forgiver of all sin, etc. and if not why not.
What makes Jesus real and Buddha/Allah/everyone else fake?
FAITH.  So, so many people saw Jesus after he ressurected.  And he spawned the Catholic Church, which was the only, genrically speaking, Christian church until 1500 somethin when a man named Martin Luther nailed 95 thesis on the wall of a church.  But my faith will always be with the Church that has been around the longest, which puts a good defense of truth to Catholicsm.  

Kerrybuster

Third & Final Debate
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2004, 08:59:42 pm »
A good offense towards the truth of Catholicism is the fact that it has changed over time. Speaking the rosary, going to mass, none of these things are what Jesus spoke of when he was here on earth. The message of Jesus Christ is simple: Love. If you love your fellow man like God loved you and you love God with all your heart, mind, body and you follow his teachings as a result of this love your life will be successful and you will go far.

The Catholic church is fine by me until it goes into Mary being the "co-redemptress of the human race" saying that Jesus was not the savior of man, which the Bible in no uncertain terms says that he is. It bothers me when the Catholic church oversteps its boundaries and preaches on matters not directly spoke of in the bible such as Contraception. I think contraception is probably bad because it prevents people from having children, but I also think that because the Bible doesn't clearly say not to use it that you can't tell people it's God's will.

The pope, in my opinion, has no place in the Christian faith as there is no moderator or high priest between Jesus Christ and myself. I don't need a pope. I don't need a preacher or a priest. The lord is the one who keeps me and he is the only one who has authority over my and my life.

I don't mind catholicism, but don't forget that God will not be mocked by anyone who adds or subtracts from his word. Be weary of what you are told and be certain that it is biblical, MSP. Many falsehoods are bundled along with the truth, such as:

- If you die with unconfessed sins, ::Dolphin Noise:: is your ultimate destination
- Praying "Hail Mary, Mother of Grace" will not atone for sins.
- If you skip mass, nothing will happen to you.

I'm just saying be very careful. I don't want you to be tricked.