Author Topic: Rant Time  (Read 15173 times)

Jackie-Boy

Rant Time
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2004, 03:37:13 am »
And with Bush as president and the Republicans in control of the congress and the senate, abortion won't be around too much longer I can tell.
Seriously, what is the matter with some people? Do you not realize that SOME people, mainly all, HAVE to have abortions? My sister's pregnant right now, but do you think she wants to be? No. And then there are people who are raped. Can they help it? NO.

MiraclrPlz

Rant Time
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2004, 05:57:27 am »
You people just won't listen...you just don't understand.  But I know Bush won from Divine Intervention.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rant Time
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 03:16:00 pm »
Another thing that Bush will more than likely ruin is the environment. I've heard plans of oil drilling in Alaska. I think his rich friends are the only ones who need that. Also, there are plans to cut down a large portion of North America's largest rain forest (they already started a little of it). That will not only take trees down, but also kill fish which the local depend on and ruin memories of the locals. I would want to bring my children through a great forest rather than tell them about it as an old memory. Not exactly what I would want from a President.

As for the draft, it will probably happen. They'll come up with some excuse like "We didn't want to do it, but the loss of life in the Middle East makes it necessary now." I'm about the perfect age for the draft. I don't want to be over there right now.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rant Time
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2004, 03:30:25 pm »
Don't forget the national ban of gay marriage.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Rant Time
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 03:49:05 pm »
Like that really matters, but anyways...

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rant Time
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 03:53:15 pm »
It matters to me...I'm not gay, but it still matters. I don't like to have my freedoms taken away.

Jackie-Boy

Rant Time
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2004, 04:02:01 pm »
It matters to me...I'm not gay, but it still matters. I don't like to have my freedoms taken away.
No one does. Neither do pregnant women who NEED abortions.

And I notice MSP is doing NOTHING but gloat about how Bush won, as if it was his doing that Bush won in the first place, and not doing much at all besides that. All he says over and over is that Bush is wonderful. Tell me, why is he so wonderful? Because "he" got Saddam captured?  

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rant Time
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2004, 04:05:56 pm »
Exactly. Let's say I had consensual sex with someone and I got pregnant today. It would still be my fault, but let me tell you that I WOULD get an abortion. I don't care if it's "morally wrong". I'm not Christian. I don't care. I would get an abortion, end of story. I don't want that freedom taken away from me. Ever.

Jackie-Boy

Rant Time
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2004, 04:21:44 pm »
Exactly. Let's say I had consensual sex with someone and I got pregnant today. It would still be my fault, but let me tell you that I WOULD get an abortion. I don't care if it's "morally wrong". I'm not Christian. I don't care. I would get an abortion, end of story. I don't want that freedom taken away from me. Ever.
Excellent point.

Hey, this is kinda heavy stuff for a kids forum.. Isn't there 7-year old here?  

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rant Time
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2004, 04:42:59 pm »
Excellent point.

Hey, this is kinda heavy stuff for a kids forum.. Isn't there 7-year old here?
That's why this is called Deeper Discussions. They're warned about the topics that this forum contains.

MiraclrPlz

Rant Time
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2004, 08:01:21 pm »
Homosexual marriage will be banned.  I'm not saying it has much to do with religion.  It is completekly and entirely different than the African Americans wanting and getting Civil Rights.  Religion.  That is NOT going away for a very long time.  Never, as a matter of fact.  Bush will keep plugging that amendment, and chances are it will get passed thanks to the Senete and the House controlled by Republicans(Bush himself is the President.)  The states have booted it out of their homes.  Bush is the greatest protecter of families.  Morality is NEVER EVER going away either.  NEVER.  A house divided amongst itself can not stand.  And God will come out on top.  But generically speaking, Morality will come out on top.  The Abolition of Abortion is something I hope and pray for.  It has to go.  The Catholic vote in Ohio made Bush win the swing state and win the election.  Nobody wants to put up with it.  We are divided and again the right side will win.  Just like with slavery.  THe right side won.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Rant Time
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2004, 08:17:05 pm »
Homosexual marriage will be banned.  I'm not saying it has much to do with religion.  It is completekly and entirely different than the African Americans wanting and getting Civil Rights.  Religion.  That is NOT going away for a very long time.  Never, as a matter of fact.  Bush will keep plugging that amendment, and chances are it will get passed thanks to the Senete and the House controlled by Republicans(Bush himself is the President.)  The states have booted it out of their homes.  Bush is the greatest protecter of families.  Morality is NEVER EVER going away either.  NEVER.  A house divided amongst itself can not stand.  And God will come out on top.  But generically speaking, Morality will come out on top.  The Abolition of Abortion is something I hope and pray for.  It has to go.  The Catholic vote in Ohio made Bush win the swing state and win the election.  Nobody wants to put up with it.  We are divided and again the right side will win.  Just like with slavery.  THe right side won.
But, no one wants to listen to you because of the way you present your opinions. I dont agree with gay marrage or abortion, BUT abortion is legal now. If it became illegal again it'd be the 1940's all over again. People would go into make-shift abortion clinics to get it done. The problem wouldnt go away. Not all repulbicans share those morals, eother. In 1973 Nixion made it legal. He was repulbican. I also dont believe abortion is the ONLY way out in those situations. I know people that have had abortions and regret it greatly. There are other ways to go about it. You could put the child up for adoption. At least you might have a chance to see the kid again. I'll admit right now. I've never been into that kind-of situation. So I cant speak for everyone. I do know that there are other ways to go about it. You cant do anything about a rape. It was forced upon you. But, as far as casual sex......you can help that. Dont want the kid dont do it. End of story. It's true that you dont get pregnant everytime, but hey, it only takes one time. Some people do dumb stuff like that. I'm not concerned about stepping on anyones toes, but stating my honest opinion.  

ESP

Rant Time
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2004, 01:30:06 pm »
I don't care if it's "morally wrong". I'm not Christian.

Wow, I don't think Christianity has anything to do with morality, they just claim to. Morality can stand on its own.

I have never understood how killing your child, is a "Woman's right." (And I have never heard any of these women that say it is ever mention any "Men's rights"). I have thought about it and working backwards from birth there is no point at which I can say that it has become a non-life, thereby I think abortion is killing.

my sisters pregnant right now
If the only people who had children were the ones who planned for them, there would be like 8 people around. Your sister needs to quit being so selfish and grow up. She made that choice when she started screwing people.

There are situations when abortion is necesary, I won't deny that. Coat hanger abortions aren't very good either so on that abortion has it's place if nothing else just to help keep the promiscuous women among us.

To anyone who says that abortion should be regular practice,
When Scott Peterson killed his wife and unborn child he should only be charged with killing his wife, since abortion is ok that is what was done.
At what point after birth does it become illegal to starve the infant. If abortion is ok then it should also be ok to let the child die shortly after birth right.

Bush did not ban stem-cell research, He banned [strong]Federal Funding[/quote] of stem cell research. There is a difference.

plans of drilling in Alaska

There is a whole lot of oil in Alaska, there has been a lot of drilling in Alaska in the past, ever heard of the Alaskan pipeline well I'll tell you what that was put in a long time before Bush. He wants to look for more oil yes but then again who doesn't want to pay for high gas prices. If your going to trust the environment to someones care then a hunter is a good place to do that. I think they  have a better since of natural balance than either the tree huggers or  business men.

I am proud to say that I voted for Bush!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 01:35:30 pm by ESP »

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Rant Time
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2004, 01:51:00 pm »
I have mixed feelings about abortion...  My policy on it is that abortion should be allowed for minors and rape victims, or when it would end up killing the mother.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Megan

Rant Time
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2004, 02:07:38 pm »
All of you who are against Gay marriage, do me a favor, and look at the last line of our Pledge of Allegiance. Is it just me, or does it say, "With Liberty, and Justice for all." Hmm, now. Wouldn't you consider that meaning that everyone gets the same rights? And besides, why the halibut do you care about someone else's marriage, when it makes them happier. Stupid heterosexuals are always getting divorced, abusing that sacred ceremony they went through naming their devotion together. When, I can guarantee you, that if a gay couple got marriage, they would be getting married out of pure love, not a want for money or soemthing to say they did. It makes no difference if you love someone of the same or opposite sex. You can't help it. Nobody just wakes up one day and says, "Hmm, I think I'm going to start liking women instead of men." No. Doesn't happen. They are born with it. You all probably have never met a gay person. I know a gay couple. They are the happiest, nicest, most generous people I have ever met. You can't just go around saying that you don't like something, so your going to take that right away. I'm sick of a certain person talk about their religion/republicaness and expect us to listen and take it, but not take anyone elses views. You need to open you stupid eyes and learn that everyone has different views and it's right in their mind so you need to lay off. So, Dolphin NOise you all close-minded buttmunches who think only your views are correct.