Author Topic: Flag Burning  (Read 15170 times)

Starr2k3

Flag Burning
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2004, 05:26:36 pm »
I find it absolutely fine. Burning a flag is burning a material, big deal.

And people don't die for the flag, they died for nation. Basically, they died so we have the right to burn a flag if we wish.

oscar_the_grouch

Flag Burning
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2004, 02:08:10 am »
I find it absolutely fine. Burning a flag is burning a material, big deal.

And people don't die for the flag, they died for nation. Basically, they died so we have the right to burn a flag if we wish.

i agree with you Starr2k3

Paige

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Flag Burning
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2004, 09:11:58 pm »
I'm gonna have to disagree, again. I know it's just material, but it really means something to most Americans. If someone burns it for no good reason, they're obviously just trying to p people off, and they should be punished because they're abusing their freedom

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Flag Burning
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2004, 09:24:19 pm »
I'm gonna have to disagree, again. I know it's just material, but it really means something to most Americans. If someone burns it for no good reason, they're obviously just trying to p people off, and they should be punished because they're abusing their freedom
[snapback]137836[/snapback]

So you're saying that people who constantly speak against the government should be punished? I don't see how Americans can get so angry about wasting a flag, US is the most wasteful country.

Elizabeth Rose

Flag Burning
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2004, 09:48:28 pm »
[snapback]137836[/snapback]

So you're saying that people who constantly speak against the government should be punished? I don't see how Americans can get so angry about wasting a flag, US is the most wasteful country.
[snapback]137839[/snapback]

Doesn't make that waste right either. Burning a flag is not only in poor taste, it shows you are an ungrateful brat. The flag stands for freedom, not Dubya, Reagan, Clinton, Kerry etc... If you disagree with a government issue this is not the way to handle it.

I'd have to guess 99% of y'all probably don't know what it is like to have your freedoms gone. I do. I've seen it in other countries. People DIED for our freedom, the freedom that our flag represents. To burn this flag shows that, like I said above, you are an ungrateful brat. I realize that sounds harsh but this a serious issue. People need to think and care.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 09:57:50 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Flag Burning
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2004, 09:51:49 pm »
Im not saying that people that speak against the government should be punished, i'm saying people that intentionally make other people mad by doing something they know will make the other people mad while should be punished. My point is why can't the people who don't think of it as important just leave it alone and have a little bit of decency towards others?

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Flag Burning
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2004, 10:41:03 pm »
Im not saying that people that speak against the government should be punished, i'm saying people that intentionally make other people mad by doing something they know will make the other people mad while should be punished. My point is why can't the people who don't think of it as important just leave it alone and have a little bit of decency towards others?
[snapback]137843[/snapback]
Obviously, burning it for no reason, or for the sole reason of angering people, is rediculous.

However, the flag does not represent freedom.  It represents the Federal Democratic Republic that we live under, called the USA.  When our government does something horrible, which is sadly often, burning the flag in protest is perfectly acceptable.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 10:41:34 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

oscar_the_grouch

Flag Burning
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2004, 02:05:55 am »
However, the flag does not represent freedom. It represents the Federal Democratic Republic that we live under, called the USA. When our government does something horrible, which is sadly often, burning the flag in protest is perfectly acceptable.

It doesnt represents all of us. I am Canadian so that might be why I dont consiter flag burning an offense.

Paige

Sb129

Flag Burning
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2004, 05:48:13 am »
I would agree if the flag is worned out or torn.But if it isn't I'd killed ye.ESPECIALLY
TERROUIST DIRTBAGS!!!!!!!!!! :furious: