Grr.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 09:37:17 pm »
Hey, I like Hot Topic!! :angry:
[snapback]143466[/snapback]

But not everyone does.

Jackie-Boy

Grr.
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2005, 03:58:31 pm »
Today it got worse. I was reading the incredibly wonderful graphic novel WATCHMEN during lunch. Someone saw and came over. Now, there is some nudity in the book. There's a blue man named Jon Manhatten who walks around naked because it's the way he is. He isn't a nudist, but he is an omnipotent-like being, not an alien per se. And it's just the wya he's comfortable. I actually relate a lot with him, in that I don't care what people think, but I'm no nudist. Anyway, the kid, a prep named Jonathan, came over and started looking oiver my shoulder. He saw Jon's *ahem* peepee and started drawing attention over. He started calling me a queer for reading it and took it. I am not a violent person at all. I also wouldn't say I'm a strong person. He easily got it away from me. He then proceeded to throw it in a HUGE puddle (we had rain last night). It was a frigging LIBRARY book. It wasn't mine, and either way, he had no right to do that.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Grr.
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 04:16:39 pm »
I am ther hyper geek that people usually don't like. They think im, stupid but I do have good friends. There are the "popular" kids, who only them and there friends like, so i don't know why everyone considers them popular. P{retty much anyone who is not "popular"are good friends, and vise versa. I do hvae one or two popular freinds. Most of the "popular"kids at my shcool are jerks, but not all of them.

spongehead 32

Grr.
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 01:54:53 pm »
if u see my personal pic u would know what people say to me

yes, a boy with long hair is bond to cause something

alot of people are even stupid enough to ask "are u a boy or a girl"

its died down now, but when I started to let it grow thats what I got

anyway, nowerdays I dont realy hear that as much, and friends aint a problem

and to whoever talks to me badly about my hair I simply say "I dont care about my hair so y should u?", it is so funny watching them try to make up an answer

so there u go, and we do have groups in this school

though they arnt as clear, and I seem to beable to befriend or at least manage to speak to in a friendly manner with almost anyone

though that might be because people in amarica are slightly more judgemental than most people here

foulpattie

Grr.
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2005, 02:03:15 pm »
Copy and pasted from my blog.. but this version is a little cleaned up.

I love being a geek. It sets me apart from all the members of the "in-crowd". Actually, that's something I have to address. There is no in-crowd. It doesn't exist. It's a lie conocted by movies and television to scare people like me. The "in-crowd" you may be referring to are the people who feel the need to be braggy, be angsty, or be insulting to others. You may know the type.

In recent years, thanks to the crap band that is Good Charlotte, the term "geek" has been thrown around like someone who uses stupid slang and dresses as if Hot Topic threw up on them. (Hot Topic is the devil.) This is not a geek, ladies and gents. It's a lie.. like the "in-crowd".

Back to the original point of the post. Today, my friend Brady (nickname "Bunch") and I were in the line for our daily lunch. We were talking about the movie COLLATERAL (which rules, by the way, pick it up). There was a girl in front of us whom I know vaguely but don't know anything about, including her name. She looked at me for a second and I noticed this and asked what she was doing. She said "Aren't you that Jack **** (this is my last name, sorry.. can't be revealed) kid? The movie freak?" To which I reply with a casual "Indeedy-o." She says "Seriously, do you EVER go outside and be normal like the rest of us?" I reply "Clarify normal. You mean dressing like everybody else, talking like everybody else, and making fun of everybody who ISN'T like everybody else?" She walked away in disgust. I wasn't at all scathed by her remarks, but it made me think about how tough life can be for a guy like me sometimes. A lotta people think that life isn't like teen movies, where the geeks are picked on, but in my school, it's very much the case.

Although I'm very proud of being a geek, every now and then, I gotta deal with BADWORDs. There's always somebody who hears about how often I watch movies, and they say something like, "you have way too much time on your hands, heh-heh," or the much more brazen, "you need to get a life." Usually, I just give a polite fake laugh, but in my head, I'm thinking, "go to BADWORD, you single-digit IQ BADWORD." The incident today just made me angry, so I replied with something besides my usual loud smirk. The way I see it, how I choose to spend my time is just that; the way I choose to spend my time. Some people like movies, some people like sports, some people like STAR TREK, and some people like getting drunk on Saturday and waking up in puddles of their own puke and ::Dolphin Noise:: on Sunday. What you like may not be what I like, and vice versa, and we should each respect that.

But actually, in reality, there is no normal. Nothing and no one are alike. So who's to say what the normal thing is?
[snapback]142709[/snapback]

I agree with you. besides I love movies too. When I get old and fat I'd like to be involved with movie making some how.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Grr.
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2005, 09:49:23 pm »
Who cares, while the popuker kids are sitting behind a counter. We'll be making millon's, of dollers.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.