Author Topic: The Holiday Tree  (Read 17469 times)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2004, 07:13:50 pm »
I dont think the sale person had any right to tell you what to call the tree. Then again running around yelling "Christmas Tree" isn't excatly a good idea... though I cant say I havent done somthing like that.

Paige
[snapback]137853[/snapback]

He had the right to tell him
[snapback]137873[/snapback]

No, he didn't. There is no such thing as a Kwanza Tree, or a Chanukah Tree. so using the brain god gave a goat, it is called a Christmas Tree, because the only people that have those celabrate CHRISTMAS!!!
[snapback]137884[/snapback]

It's called a free country for a reason. You can basically say anything you want except anything about the president outloud (I.E. Dixiechicks)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 01:46:12 am by ssj4gogita4 »

MiraclrPlz

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2004, 09:35:40 pm »
i call them pine trees too :tongue:

Paige
[snapback]138038[/snapback]

I think it's the cold air that does it to us...eh? lol
[snapback]138054[/snapback]
That is NOT true.  I know someone who is with me:

Gideon Brown

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2004, 09:42:06 pm »
Huh?! I don't get it. In Canada here...I'm surrounded by these so called Christmas trees year round. I have one right outside my window (bout fourteen feet tall) and three more in the side yard...My neighbour in front of me has about four, and the neighbours to the left have a WALL of them...I call them Pine Trees...there are many different types...spruce for instance...we have a lot of spruce around here...ugh..in my opinion, if I were Christian, I wouldn't want a Christmas tree indoors, I would want a large pine tree in my front yard...I'd get out my ladder, and put garland and tinsel all over it, and just let nature make it even more beautiful with snow...the tree outside my window is snowy...I'll post a picture later to show you the TRUE christmas tree in all her glory.

MiraclrPlz

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2004, 09:53:32 pm »
I have about 14 or 15 very large charitmas trees growing ouside my house, they were here when we moved in 10 years ago.  They about 50 ft.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2004, 10:02:12 pm »
I have about 14 or 15 very large charitmas trees growing ouside my house, they were here when we moved in 10 years ago.  They about 50 ft.
[snapback]138177[/snapback]

Somehow...I highly doubt that

oscar_the_grouch

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2004, 01:15:14 am »
Huh?! I don't get it. In Canada here...I'm surrounded by these so called Christmas trees year round. I have one right outside my window (bout fourteen feet tall) and three more in the side yard...My neighbour in front of me has about four, and the neighbours to the left have a WALL of them...I call them Pine Trees...there are many different types...spruce for instance...we have a lot of spruce around here...ugh..in my opinion, if I were Christian, I wouldn't want a Christmas tree indoors, I would want a large pine tree in my front yard...I'd get out my ladder, and put garland and tinsel all over it, and just let nature make it even more beautiful with snow...the tree outside my window is snowy...I'll post a picture later to show you the TRUE christmas tree in all her glory.

i hate it how my mom bought a tree. we arent religous and they jsut get dried out. we have a pine tree in our backyard... i told her to go decorate that. but no we have to have one in our house for some reason. its just going to go in the chipper on boxing day.

Paige

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2004, 01:27:43 pm »
I keep forgetting to post this.  Now I am, exactly one week from Christmas.  One week ago, my father and I we getting our tree.  When we picked one just the right size(8.5 feet tall!  Muh HAW HAW HAW!) my father asked: "Kind sir, how much will the Christmas Tree be?" 
The man replied:  "Please, refer to it as a Holiday Tree.  It's much more politically correct." 
Result:
My Father(screaming!!!)  "Whhhhaaaaatttt!!!!!???  I don't give a censored about no darn blasting left wing politics!  I'm gonna call it a Christmas Tree!!!"  This resulted in him running around screaming:  "CHRISTMAS TREE!"  And so we got a 9 foot tree from another place.  After carefully pondering the evidence, I have to agree with my father.  No one should be forced to exclude the name of Christ to satisfy non-believers.  That is our religion.  So leave politics out of it once and for all!  Who is with me?
[snapback]137794[/snapback]

Wrong forum, and I think that I know where your stupidly right-wing rants come from now...

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2004, 06:17:35 am »
I keep forgetting to post this.  Now I am, exactly one week from Christmas.  One week ago, my father and I we getting our tree.  When we picked one just the right size(8.5 feet tall!  Muh HAW HAW HAW!) my father asked: "Kind sir, how much will the Christmas Tree be?" 
The man replied:  "Please, refer to it as a Holiday Tree.  It's much more politically correct." 
Result:
My Father(screaming!!!)  "Whhhhaaaaatttt!!!!!???  I don't give a censored about no darn blasting left wing politics!  I'm gonna call it a Christmas Tree!!!"  This resulted in him running around screaming:  "CHRISTMAS TREE!"  And so we got a 9 foot tree from another place.  After carefully pondering the evidence, I have to agree with my father.  No one should be forced to exclude the name of Christ to satisfy non-believers.  That is our religion.  So leave politics out of it once and for all!  Who is with me?
[snapback]137794[/snapback]
Your dad would fit right in on King of The Hill MSP. This sounds like a King of The Hill episode.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2004, 07:19:33 am »
Again, what does it matter? The tree isn't really a christian symbol, so I don't see why you're so worried about it

MiraclrPlz

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2004, 07:42:32 pm »
it's supposed to represent chritmas

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2004, 08:01:54 pm »
Well, everyone calls it a "bathing suit", but I call them "swimming trunks". O_o Actually, I really do. : )

I dont believe the story about your dad and I believe that America is paranoid of insulting somone so making political correctness is a must. I could give a hoot if I insult somone for celebrating Christmas/calling it a Christmas tree or sharing my beliefs. The whole political correctness issue is out of hand. This story proves it. People need to get over it.

MiraclrPlz

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2004, 08:06:48 pm »
That thing on Nickelodeon, that Rugrats Commercial, Chucky said Merry Christmas Hannakuh Quanza Winter Solstits...I'll bet everyone and I mean EVERYONE is insulted by this.  Not just Christians.  Those are all entirely differnt religions and should never be blended together.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2004, 08:14:06 pm »
What about that cell phone commerical? I cant remember what company it was. They did the same thing.

Elizabeth Rose

The Holiday Tree
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2004, 12:09:02 am »
That thing on Nickelodeon, that Rugrats Commercial, Chucky said Merry Christmas Hannakuh Quanza Winter Solstits...I'll bet everyone and I mean EVERYONE is insulted by this.  Not just Christians.  Those are all entirely differnt religions and should never be blended together.
[snapback]138661[/snapback]

It is Winter's Solstice and it is an event, not even a holiday at all. It is the shortest day of the year. The only people that celebrate on this day are usually witches but is still isn't a holiday, but yes, I would even rather hear the dreaded "Happy Holidays" over that.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
The Holiday Tree
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2004, 01:46:53 am »
That thing on Nickelodeon, that Rugrats Commercial, Chucky said Merry Christmas Hannakuh Quanza Winter Solstits...I'll bet everyone and I mean EVERYONE is insulted by this.  Not just Christians.  Those are all entirely differnt religions and should never be blended together.
[snapback]138661[/snapback]

I'm no insulted. Why would I be insulted. They are telling everyone of all religions have a happy holiday