Author Topic: What Is The Biggest Problem Americans Face Today?  (Read 29275 times)

GIR

What Is The Biggest Problem Americans Face Today?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 05:42:33 am »
1.americans dont relize how luckey they are to have a great goverment and have the goverment kill itself because of dumb people.

2.librals

3.the free speech statement has been mangeled

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 12:03:33 pm »
2.librals
[snapback]145197[/snapback]

Liberals and reformers have kept this nation alive.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 02:27:18 pm »
1.americans dont relize how luckey they are to have a great goverment and have the goverment kill itself because of dumb people.

2.librals

3.the free speech statement has been mangeled
If we didn't have liberals we wouldn't have medicare, medicaid, social security, welfare, decent schools, representation of minorities, freedom of Press, the right to a fair trail... It could go on forever.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2005, 07:01:47 pm »
On the contrary, my friend. The schools would be much better. Hate to break it to you, but the public school system here sucks. The teachers are not doing their jobs and money has nothing to do with it.

We would have welfare, the system just wouldn't be abused as much. And we would still have medicare/caid...in fact, all those other things you mentioned would still be here.

Indeed. We need some form of entertainment.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 07:02:32 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005, 07:08:34 pm »
On the contrary, my friend. The schools would be much better. Hate to break it to you, but the public school system here sucks. The teachers are not doing their jobs and money has nothing to do with it.

We would have welfare, the system just wouldn't be abused as much. And we would still have medicare/caid...in fact, all those other things you mentioned would still be here.

Indeed. We need some form of entertainment.
[snapback]145355[/snapback]

The public schools don't "suck". It's just however hard you try. You can take advanced classes at a public school too.

What about Upton Sinclair? Martin Luther King, Malcom X, Cesar Chavez, Elizabeth Cady Stanton. They were all reformers that changed America.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2005, 07:18:11 pm »
Yes, they do "suck". A lot. I have never been to a great public school, nor has anyone I know. In fact, there are just too many horror stories. Something is wrong when over half the class fails. The teacher is not doing her/his job. Sure, some kids may be lazy and just not do their work, but over half the class? Come on. And what is with doing 3rd grade level projects in the 10th grade? When I was in 10th grade I had to write papers. Wow, that wasn't that long ago. I advise you not to take me on with this one, because you are sure to lose. The kids are abused and thrown out like garbage. I have seen it too many times to believe any different. I will not say every single school is like this, but far too many are.

Further more, sure, those people did ok things (referring to Martin Luther King etc...), but they could have done a better job than they did in my opinion. Take Malcolm X, for example. He didn't have to have riots to get his point across. But, meh, it's not that big of a deal.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 07:19:38 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2005, 07:21:43 pm »
Yes, they do "suck". A lot. I have never been to a great public school, nor has anyone I know. In fact, there are just too many horror stories. Something is wrong when over half the class fails. The teacher is not doing her/his job. Sure, some kids may be lazy and just not do their work, but over half the class? Come on. And what is with doing 3rd grade level projects in the 10th grade? When I was in 10th grade I had to write papers. Wow, that wasn't that long ago. I advise you not to take me on with this one, because you are sure to lose. The kids are abused and thrown out like garbage. I have seen it too many times to believe any different. I will not say every single school is like this, but far too many are.
[snapback]145373[/snapback]

What do you mean, "the teachers don't care."? If my Literature teacher didn't care, she wouldn't have gone out of the way to find out my parents phone number, to discuss ways to get me to do better.

I'm in 10th grade, we sure don't do 3rd grade projects.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2005, 07:24:38 pm »
2.librals

[snapback]145227[/snapback]
You are kidding right? Please tell me you are joking...

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2005, 07:25:31 pm »
2.librals

[snapback]145227[/snapback]
You are kidding right? Please tell me you are joking...
[snapback]145378[/snapback]

I'm dead serious.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2005, 07:27:12 pm »
Actually you wouldn't have Medicare...that's a form of Liberal Communism supposedly. Republicans would have NOTHING to do with such a liberal thing.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2005, 07:27:35 pm »
Good for you then. You are a lucky kid. However, my brother, who is also in the 10th grade barely passed his last project. Why? Because, he wrote the biography, and put it together, but failed to make it pretty via a collage. She wanted magazine cut-outs for a collage-type cover. She didn't give a dickens about how well he wrote the paper, just how pretty it was. He had an excellent paper, but not a pretty collage. What did he do in last year? He colored!

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2005, 07:28:05 pm »
Well, I beg to differ. I mean, is it where up to liberals women would be allowed to killed their unborn children... gays would be allowed to marry... it all sickens me. The liberal way of thinking. I can't comprehend it.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2005, 07:29:49 pm »
Well, I beg to differ. I mean, is it where up to liberals women would be allowed to killed their unborn children... gays would be allowed to marry... it all sickens me. The liberal way of thinking. I can't comprehend it.
[snapback]145385[/snapback]

If it weren't for a liberal, you wouldn't even be able to eat meat. Women wouldn't be able to vote, and we'd still have slaves.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2005, 07:31:43 pm »
WTH? Eat meat? Eat meat? Tell me how Republicans would prevent someone from eating meat.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2005, 07:33:23 pm »
If it weren't for a liberal, you wouldn't even be able to eat meat. Women wouldn't be able to vote, and we'd still have slaves.
[snapback]145387[/snapback]
You're forgetting something. Uh... what's his name? OH YEAH!... Abraham Lincoln, a Republican