Author Topic: Inaugration Address  (Read 24394 times)

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Inaugration Address
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2005, 08:57:58 pm »
The war in Iraq had to be done sometime.  It wasn't at the top of our list with Clinton, because he had other things on his mind.  Thats besides the point.

The people in Iraq are free now.  People died when we liberated everyone... but come on!

The world knew that this needed to be done, but some countrys are too lazy to get off their fat ***es and do something about someone elses suffering.
[snapback]146714[/snapback]
A G-rated version of that is exactly what someone needed to say. Except one thing, the Iraqi people aren't free yet, but that's a process that's slowly coming together. Changing the entire Iraqi government IS something that has needed to be done, and everyone knew that it wasnt going to be easy. Bush was very bold to make this move, but I do think it could have come at a better time.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 08:59:10 pm by GrEeNdAyFrEaK »

MiraclrPlz

Inaugration Address
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2005, 08:58:19 pm »
And don't forget now there will be freedom of religion.  Many of them can be Christians.  Sadam didn't discriminate over religion, it was the leaders of the Mosks.  With them out of power, religion will be free.

TheScout

Inaugration Address
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2005, 08:59:04 pm »
Let's pretend for a moment that the US went after civilians. How many wars have happened when the civilians did not suffer? Would you have no war ever, even when pretty-much unavoidable?
[snapback]146712[/snapback]
The war was entirely avoidable.  This was not 1942, with Hitler expanding his empire across all of Europe.  This was 2003, with a country that had no nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons, and no will or ability to expand beyond its borders.  It was simply a sitting duck.
[snapback]146717[/snapback]

How is it weapons turned up in Iran right after the war started?

There were weapons, and its for everyones own good that we went in there and fixed it.

Next up... Tehran, July 05'!

super_sayian_spongebob

Inaugration Address
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2005, 09:00:01 pm »
Okay just to calm thing down here. Has anyone here seen the Inaugration on Live TV?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 09:00:13 pm by super_sayian_spongebob »

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Inaugration Address
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2005, 09:01:15 pm »
I still think it's a strong possibility that Saddam had access to WMD. He had so many connections that the weapons could be hidden anywhere right now. For all I know there are currently Saddam-ordered WMDs sitting 20 feet underground in North Dakota or something

TheScout

Inaugration Address
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2005, 09:01:22 pm »
The war in Iraq had to be done sometime.  It wasn't at the top of our list with Clinton, because he had other things on his mind.  Thats besides the point.

The people in Iraq are free now.  People died when we liberated everyone... but come on!

The world knew that this needed to be done, but some countrys are too lazy to get off their fat ***es and do something about someone elses suffering.
A G-rated version of that is exactly what someone needed to say. Except one thing, the Iraqi people aren't free yet, but that's a process that's slowly coming together. Changing the entire Iraqi government IS something that has needed to be done, and everyone knew that it wasnt going to be easy. Bush was very bold to make this move, but I do think it could have come at a better time.
[snapback]146719[/snapback]

Well, I think that the time he started was bad for a war in general, but look at it this way...

The American people are hard to get to support a war effort where we lose alot of people, after 9/11 Americans were mad; so I guess he picked it as the best shot he was going to get...

He could have planned a way out better too...

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Inaugration Address
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2005, 09:03:02 pm »

The world knew that this needed to be done, but some countrys are too lazy to get off their fat asses and do something about someone elses suffering.
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Gandhi.

They are not liberated.  They went from a stable dictatorship in a country being crippled by sanctions, to hell on earth.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Elizabeth Rose

Inaugration Address
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2005, 09:03:20 pm »
But at least he did something at all folks. The Iraqis needed liberation and they are soon to be as free as we are if everything works out.

TheScout

Inaugration Address
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2005, 09:03:59 pm »
I still think it's a strong possibility that Saddam had access to WMD. He had so many connections that the weapons could be hidden anywhere right now. For all I know there are currently Saddam-ordered WMDs sitting 20 feet underground in North Dakota or something
[snapback]146724[/snapback]

My theory is that he had them put on the blackmarket right before we invaded.

That way they either ended up:

A) In terrorists hands,

B) North Korea

C) Iran

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Inaugration Address
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2005, 09:05:46 pm »
Let's pretend for a moment that the US went after civilians. How many wars have happened when the civilians did not suffer? Would you have no war ever, even when pretty-much unavoidable?
[snapback]146712[/snapback]
The war was entirely avoidable.  This was not 1942, with Hitler expanding his empire across all of Europe.  This was 2003, with a country that had no nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons, and no will or ability to expand beyond its borders.  It was simply a sitting duck.
[snapback]146717[/snapback]

How is it weapons turned up in Iran right after the war started?

There were weapons, and its for everyones own good that we went in there and fixed it.

Next up... Tehran, July 05'!
[snapback]146721[/snapback]
Have you ever read a newspaper?  I read the news every day.  Iran had/has a fledgling nuclear experimentation program.  It does not have nuclear weaponry, nor the ability to create it.  Also, Iraq and Iran are in no way related.  They were worst enemies.  There were no weapons.  Even our stubborn government has admitted it.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Inaugration Address
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2005, 09:05:47 pm »
Im just gonna end my comments here (well, maybe XD) with this:
I predict that in the next 4 years something good will happen in Iraq that will make you all realize that Bush made the right decision in invading Iraq. His ways of going about it will always be questioned, but the end result will, hopefully, be great.

TheScout

Inaugration Address
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2005, 09:05:52 pm »

The world knew that this needed to be done, but some countrys are too lazy to get off their fat asses and do something about someone elses suffering.
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? - Gandhi.

They are not liberated.  They went from a stable dictatorship in a country being crippled by sanctions, to ::Dolphin Noise:: on earth.
[snapback]146726[/snapback]

They went from a stable dictatorship where 300 people disappeared a week...

To having the potential to be a 1st world country.... I mean, they have oil; they could be the next Saudi Arabia.  But if everyone is afraid to take a stand, they'll just keeping dieing...

Elizabeth Rose

Inaugration Address
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2005, 09:06:00 pm »

A) In terrorists hands,

B) North Korea

C) Iran
[snapback]146728[/snapback]

Good theories, both of you. :)

Edit: 'Cept, I doubt they are in Iran.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 09:07:07 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

TheScout

Inaugration Address
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2005, 09:06:45 pm »
Im just gonna end my comments here (well, maybe XD) with this:
I predict that in the next 4 years something good will happen in Iraq that will make you all realize that Bush made the right decision in invading Iraq. His ways of going about it will always be questioned, but the end result will, hopefully, be great.
[snapback]146730[/snapback]

Ahem.

That's all that needed to be said.

TheScout

Inaugration Address
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2005, 09:07:43 pm »

A) In terrorists hands,

B) North Korea

C) Iran
[snapback]146728[/snapback]

Good theories, both of you. :)

Edit: 'Cept, I doubt they are in Iran.
[snapback]146732[/snapback]

Thank you.

All must give way to logic.