Author Topic: Basketball  (Read 13853 times)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Basketball
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2005, 11:36:37 am »
I heard about that. I think he's a great player

DennisLuvr

Basketball
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2005, 12:38:23 pm »
Ah...the regionals...can't you just smell victory? Tonight the Titans will play against TV and win! hopefully...if we win two more games we'll be stateward bound...Too bad they aren't having it at C-wood, and the floor is made out of rubber so it'll be really hard. Luckily Taneshia's dream hasn't been fulfilled...don't ask...

GO TITANS!

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Basketball
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2005, 01:07:27 pm »
(I hate to keep reviving this topic, but I don't believe this story warrants its own topic, so....)

Anyone see that Chris Webber got traded to the 76ers?  He and two scrubs went for Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson, and Brian Skinner.  Man, and I thought the Vikings got jobbed with the Moss trade, this takes the cake.  Absolutely great trade for Philly (makes them viable contenders in the East), questionable trade for Sacramento.
[snapback]154744[/snapback]
Yeah and today they picked up Jamal Mashburn (former Kentucky player \m/) and Rodney Rogers for Glenn Robinson. Mashburn's probably going to retire because of his knee injury, but Rodney Rogers will be another good addition for Philly. Glenn Robinson hasnt played all year, either, so they arent losing much.

Here's a list of all of the trades I could find that were made either today or yesterday. I checked different sources for them and they SHOULD all be final:

Philidelphia traded Brian Skinner, Kenny Thomas, and Corliss Williamson to Sacramento for Chris Webber, Matt Barnes and Michael Bradley*.

New Orleans traded Baron Davis to Golden State for Dale Davis and Speedy Claxton

Boston traded Gary Payton to Atlanta for Antoine Walker*

Philidelphia traded Glenn Robinson to New Orleans for Rodney Rogers and Jamal Mashburn*

Cleveland acquired Jiri Welsch from Boston for a future 1st-Round pick

Milwaukee traded Mike James and Zendon Hamilton to Houston for Reece Gaines and two future 2nd-Round picks

Milwaukee traded Keith Van Horn to Dallas for Alan Henderson, Calvin Booth and cash

New York traded Nazr Mohammed* and Jamison Brewer to San Antonio for Malik Rose and a 1st-Round pick

New York traded Vin Baker and Moochie Norris to Houston for Maurice Taylor and a 1st-Round pick

Denver traded Nikoloz Tskitishvili and Rodney White to Golden State for Eduardo Najera and a 1st-Round pick

*Former Kentucky players
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 01:50:09 pm by GrEeNdAyFrEaK »

Kenny Blankenship

Basketball
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2005, 01:59:31 pm »
Boston traded Gary Payton to Atlanta for Antoine Walker*
[snapback]154762[/snapback]

That one's particularly intersesting.... the speculation is that Payton won't show up in Atlanta, and he'll be cut.  Which means he could either wind up back in Boston, or perhaps in Minnesota.  Hmmm....

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Basketball
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2005, 02:01:00 pm »
That one's particularly intersesting.... the speculation is that Payton won't show up in Atlanta, and he'll be cut.  Which means he could either wind up back in Boston, or perhaps in Minnesota.  Hmmm....
[snapback]154777[/snapback]
I think he'll at least finish the season with Atlanta. That, or retire. Minnesota would probably be a good place for him for next year, though.

DennisLuvr

Basketball
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2005, 05:06:28 am »
We won! We're going to state!  :biggrin:

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Basketball
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2005, 11:31:49 am »
We won! We're going to state!  :biggrin:
[snapback]154891[/snapback]

Congrats O_o;;

DennisLuvr

Basketball
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2005, 12:35:46 pm »
Wait...no...we're going to sub-state...anyway. If we beat GC tonight...then we'll play one of the region runner-ups and get to state quicker!

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Basketball
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2005, 01:27:51 pm »
Kentucky won their biggest game in the SEC today, beating 14th ranked Alabama at Alabama by 7 \m/ They needed this win because I was starting to lose confidence in them XD

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Basketball
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2005, 01:29:35 pm »
duke beat saint johns.

Kenny Blankenship

Basketball
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2005, 02:11:58 pm »
Kentucky won their biggest game in the SEC today, beating 14th ranked Alabama at Alabama by 7 \m/ They needed this win because I was starting to lose confidence in them XD
[snapback]155269[/snapback]

How close is Kentucky to grabbing a #1 seed?  They've got to be pretty close, right?

Oh, and the Gophers?  Completely sucked in the 1st half.  It took us a whopping 16 minutes to finally score a basket in our half court offense, and we had a lot more turnovers than we had field goals.  YET WE WON.  Made a huge comeback in the 2nd half, erasing a 15 point defecit, and we won 59-57.  One victory away from securing a tourney bid...

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Basketball
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2005, 02:40:33 pm »
[snapback]155269[/snapback]
How close is Kentucky to grabbing a #1 seed?  They've got to be pretty close, right?
They'll have to win their last 2 games and the SEC Tourney to get a #1 seed. If they lose another game they'll drop to a 2 or 3 because the press doesnt like the SEC this year. They may not even get a 1 seed if they win the rest of their games

DennisLuvr

Basketball
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2005, 03:47:04 pm »
Okay. We are Region D Champs now! I only pay attention to Titans basketball! We're going to state. We play sub-state a week from now, but either way we are going! I hate GC! No, I don't...yes I do. They were pretty mean...I thought we were going to lose but we didn't!

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Basketball
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2005, 06:07:58 pm »
Boo Kentucky! Yay Kansas!

Kenny Blankenship

Basketball
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2005, 07:46:20 pm »
Boo Kentucky! Yay Kansas!
[snapback]155360[/snapback]