Author Topic: Pope John Paul II dies at 84  (Read 13111 times)

Snowthrower

Pope John Paul II dies at 84
« on: April 02, 2005, 12:43:33 pm »
Pope John Paul II Dies at 84

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Pope John Paul II (search), the bold, humanitarian leader of the Roman Catholic Church, has died at 84, the Vatican announced in an e-mail Saturday.

"The Holy Father died this evening at 9:37 p.m. (2:37 p.m. EST) in his private apartment. All the procedures outlined in the apostolic Constitution `Universi Dominici Gregis' that was written by John Paul II on Feb. 22, 1996, have been put in motion."

The announcement came from papal spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls and was distributed to journalists via e-mail.

The pope died after suffering heart and kidney failure following two hospitalizations in as many months. Just a few hours earlier, the Vatican had said he was in "very serious" condition but responded to members of the papal household.

Cardinal Angelo Sodano, the Vatican No. 2 official, immediately led a tearful crowd of 70,000 people in St. Peter's Square in prayers for the dead pope as Rome observed a moment of silence.

Some people held their hands to their heads in disbelief — on other faces, tears rolled uncontrollably. The pope's apartment windows were still lit up following the announcement of his death.

A Mass was scheduled for St. Peter's Square for 10:30 a.m. (4:30 a.m. EDT) Sunday.

President Bush was to make a statement about the death of John Paul II at 4 p.m. EST, the White House announced.

John Paul II was last seen in public on Wednesday when, looking gaunt and unable to speak, he briefly appeared at his window.

His health sharply deteriorated the next day after he suffered a urinary tract infection. The Vatican said the pope was suffering from septic shock, which involves both bacteria in the blood and a consequent over-relaxing of the blood vessels.

Medical experts put the chances of survival for an elderly person in John Paul's condition at no more than 20 percent, and only when hospitalized in intensive care. As the very end drew near, the pontiff refused to be taken to a hospital and instead spent his final hours in the papal apartment in Rome.

———

A tireless and outspoken campaigner for world peace and humanitarian causes, Pope John Paul II was the most traveled pontiff in history, criss-crossing the globe on missions that were often as political as they were religious.

In his overseas journeys, the pope visited communist Cuba, Muslim Syria, India and war-torn Bosnia. A native of Poland, he played a crucial role in the downfall of communism in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union.

In the most significant papal trip, John Paul II became the first pope in history to officially visit Israel when he fulfilled a lifelong dream to tour the Holy Land and walk in the steps of Jesus Christ.

The March 2000 pilgrimage through the Middle East broke down long-standing religious barriers and was a crowning moment in the pope's quest, throughout his 26-year papacy, to reconcile Christians and Jews.

During his visit to Jerusalem, the pope spoke at the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial (search) before an audience that included then Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak.

"I have come to pay homage to the millions of Jewish people who, stripped of everything, especially human dignity, were murdered in the Holocaust," the pope said.

In 1998, the Vatican had formally apologized for the Roman Catholic Church's inaction during the Holocaust under Pope Pius XII (search).

After the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S., the pope said he was "heartbroken" over what had happened but urged restraint in capturing those responsible.

"We must not let what has happened lead to a deepening of divisions," he said. "Religion must never be used as a reason for conflict."

John Paul II's term of service was marred beginning in January 2002, when news broke of thousands of incidents of sex abuse by Catholic clergy and a widespread effort by Church leadership to cover up the scandal and protect the priests involved.

It wasn't until March of that year that the pope broke his silence on the matter, however, in a pre-Easter letter to priests.

"Grave scandal is caused, with the result that a dark shadow of suspicion is cast over all the other fine priests who perform their ministry with honesty and integrity and often with heroic self-sacrifice," he said.

John Paul II held an emergency summit with cardinals in April 2002, and during July of that year made his first comments to the public about the abuse scandal, which had swept across North America and parts of Europe.

"The harm done by some priests and religious to the young and vulnerable fills us all with a deep sense of sadness and shame," the pope told an estimated 800,000 people at the World Youth Day Mass in Toronto.

But by far, he added, most church figures are people "whose only wish is to serve and do good. Be close to them and support them."

"If you love Jesus, love the Church. Do not be discouraged by the sins and failings of some of her members," John Paul II said.

While some Catholics were satisfied with the Pope's handling of the matter, others said it fell far short of the apology that the Church should have made.

Meanwhile, in less tumultuous times, John Paul II established the first diplomatic ties between the Vatican and Israel. On another occasion, he joined forces with Muslim leaders to protest the legalization of abortion in many countries.

Respected as both a philosopher and an intellectual, the pope spoke eight languages (though he wrote only in Polish) and demonstrated a skill for diplomacy. In 1994, he was named Time magazine's "Man of the Year," in which he was depicted as an individual of intellectual prowess and mystical zeal.

But while John Paul II was often progressive with the external workings of the church, he held strong traditional views on many of the incendiary moral issues of the 20th century. He considered abortion to be a form of "murder," and condemned medical experimentation on human embryos.

Equally adamant in his opposition to assisted suicide and euthanasia, he termed the practices "intolerable and too burdensome."

He was vehemently opposed to homosexual sex, pre- and extra-marital sex, and the use of contraception. In 1995, he dismissed a French bishop who supported the use of condoms by people with AIDS.

He also continued the 2,000-year moratorium on women becoming priests, which drew harsh criticism from women's groups who felt they were being alienated from involvement in the church.

An athlete known for his vigor and zeal, the pope survived an assassination attempt in May 1981. But his health became a recurring issue in the later years of his papacy. Eventually diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, the pope endured a series of falls, surgeries and illnesses.

Early Life and Election

Born Karol Wojtyla in Wadowice, Poland on May 18, 1920, the future pope's early years were marked by personal suffering and tragedy. The son of a poor Polish soldier, he lost his mother at age 8, his brother at age 12 and his father at age 20.

A top student from his earliest grades, Wojtyla loved the theater and pursued acting in college. He performed in an underground drama group and wrote six plays, and continued to perform throughout his theology training.

During the Nazi occupation of Poland, Wojtyla worked as a stone cutter at a quarry, an experience he captured in some of his original poetry. He was ordained a priest in 1946.

In the 1950s, he earned doctoral degrees in philosophy and theology at Jagellonian University in Krakow, Poland, and then served as a professor at the Catholic University of Lublin.

In 1958, Wojtyla was appointed Auxiliary Bishop to Archbishop Baziak of Krakow, and was named Archbishop of Krakow in 1964. On June 28, 1967, he was consecrated a cardinal in the Sistine Chapel.

Following the 1978 death of Pope John Paul I after only 32 days as pontiff, Karol Cardinal Wojtyla was narrowly elected pope on October 16, 1978 and was officially installed on October 22, 1978 at age 58. Having taken the name John Paul II to honor his predecessor, he was the church's 264th pope and the first non-Italian pope in 455 years.

In May 1981, about 2½ years into his papacy, John Paul II was seriously wounded during an assassination attempt in St. Peter's Square by Turkish gunman Mehmet Ali Agca.

Though once an avid skier, mountain climber and swimmer who routinely kept 18-hour days, in later years the pope underwent hip surgery and had a tumor removed from his colon. In his final years, he walked with a cane or was supported on the arm of another.

But his physical ailments did not detract from his mental prowess. John Paul II's letters, sermons and speeches fill nearly 150 volumes. He wrote 12 encyclicals and published "Crossing the Threshold of Hope" in 1994, answering a series of theological questions.

As pope, John Paul II's popularity was apparent in both the massive crowds that greeted his appearances and the opinion polls that gave him high rankings.

Said to have humanized the figure of the pope through his ability to connect with people he met from all walks of life, experts attributed his popularity to the great pains he took to stress the dignity and worth of each individual, regardless of religious beliefs.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 12:46:29 pm »
I know, that's sad. A sad day for the Catholic Church, and a sad day for the entire world.  :sad:

Multi-Sponge

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 12:48:02 pm »
The Pope died? Sad :(

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 12:48:44 pm »
Hmmm.......

I wonder who's next.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 12:49:20 pm by Jackie-Boy »

DennisLuvr

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 12:51:21 pm »
Sad. Kind of expected it, though. He was a good pope. We talked about it in Mr. George's class...

Chrono

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 12:56:52 pm »
Rest in peace, Pope John Paul II.
Alot of peoples birthday today too.

~angelene's dreams

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 01:31:53 pm »
Hmmm.......

I wonder who's next.
[snapback]166357[/snapback]

to....die?   :blink:

Offline thedarkonexxx

• Sandy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 01:38:58 pm »
Everyone is dieing this week:
1) O.J. Simpson's Lawer
2) Terry Schaivo (sp?)
3) Pope John Paul II
A thug changes,
A love changes,
And best friends become strangers.  -Nas, The Message

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 01:56:04 pm »
1) O.J. Simpson's Lawer
2) Terry Schaivo (sp?)
3) Pope John Paul II
[snapback]166379[/snapback]

Next on list:

GWB

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 01:56:30 pm »
Well... he lived a long and prosperous life. He certainly accomplished a lot. He will be deeply missed.

Patricksquare Pants

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 01:58:34 pm »
This Is Just Sad R.I.P Pope John Paul II.

:sad:

Starr2k3

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2005, 02:18:29 pm »
1) O.J. Simpson's Lawer
2) Terry Schaivo (sp?)
3) Pope John Paul II

Next on list:

GWB
[snapback]166383[/snapback]

No! I don't want Cheney as president!

Kill them both. >=D

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2005, 02:18:44 pm »
Hmmm.......

I wonder who's next.

to....die?   :blink:
[snapback]166377[/snapback]

Yeah. We've had three "important" people die this week. Michael Jackson and Martha Stewart are next, I assure you.

...I'll make sure they're next...

1) O.J. Simpson's Lawer
2) Terry Schaivo (sp?)
3) Pope John Paul II

Next on list:

GWB
[snapback]166383[/snapback]

I can only dream.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2005, 02:22:57 pm »
I think Alberto Gonzales should be president, man. He is the bizzomb!

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 02:23:35 pm »
Man, I just love it when everyone wishes death on someone they might not like :rolleyes:

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2005, 02:30:55 pm »
Man, I just love it when everyone wishes death on someone they might not like :rolleyes:
[snapback]166406[/snapback]

I've got a list of famous and well-known people I'd like to disappear forever. I don't really want them to DIE, I just want them not to be alive anymore, as in not exist. Ashton Kutcher is at the top of the list.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2005, 02:41:00 pm »
Uhhh..could we just shut up now? This must be a tough week for thr world in my opinion. People are dying, people are sick, and everything.

1) O.J. Simpson's Lawer
2) Terry Schaivo (sp?)
3) Pope John Paul II

4) Ryan Seacrest

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2005, 02:42:40 pm »
Uhhh..could we just shut up now? This must be a tough week for thr world in my opinion. People are dying, people are sick, and everything.

1) O.J. Simpson's Lawer
2) Terry Schaivo (sp?)
3) Pope John Paul II

4) Ryan Seacrest
[snapback]166413[/snapback]

I know that you're saying who you think is next, but I wish you were right.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2005, 02:56:04 pm »
C'mon y'all. I won't stand y'all joking around about whose next to die, whether it's the president or Tom Kenny. Jokes are fine and all, but joking around about someone dying is just not cool, no matter who it is. I know y'all meant no harm, but just the same, there are many other things in which to create amusement. I can understand wanting certain people to just dissapear tho'. :P

The Pope's absense shall surely create a void in the world. He was a great man that accomplished many good things, and I hope the man that resumes his job does twice as well.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 02:56:20 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2005, 02:57:41 pm »
C'mon y'all. I won't stand y'all joking around about whose next to die, whether it's the president or Tom Kenny. Jokes are fine and all, but joking around about someone dying is just not cool, no matter who it is. I know y'all meant no harm, but just the same, there are many other things in which to create amusement. I can understand wanting certain people to just dissapear tho'. :P
[snapback]166433[/snapback]

You're right. :ashamed:

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2005, 04:00:28 pm »
[snapback]166433[/snapback]

You're right. :ashamed:
[snapback]166435[/snapback]
Same here.  :ph34r:

GIR

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2005, 04:22:09 pm »
Hmmm.......

I wonder who's next.
Mr. T

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2005, 04:39:37 pm »
vote nicole for popette...first female pope

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2005, 08:02:56 pm »
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

SSJ4Gogita told me "Praise his death!" on AIM.  That's right.  Satan thanks you for doing his handy work.  But don't forget:  "Vengence is mine, said the Lord."

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2005, 08:05:29 pm »
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

SSJ4Gogita told me "Praise his death!" on AIM.  That's right.  Satan thanks you for doing his handy work.  But don't forget:  "Vengence is mine, said the Lord."
[snapback]166665[/snapback]

MERz64Mario: YOU MOCKED THE POPE!
MERz64Mario: AFTER ALL THE ******* GOOD HE DONE FOR THE WORLD!
Ssj4Gogita4: hooray for his death!!
MERz64Mario: IF I HAD YOU HERE NOW ID SMASH YOUR *** UP!
MERz64Mario: YOU SON OF A  
MERz64Mario: HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!!!H
MERz64Mario: VENGANCE IS MINE SAID THE LORD!
MERz64Mario: YOUR GONNA ******* GET YOURS!!!
Ssj4Gogita4: MSP meet Mr Blocking *blocked*

I wanted to say that because you know I dont like chatting with you and I know how to get you angry :P

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2005, 08:11:18 pm »
You know, neither of you need to be using private information against the other here on a public board.

SSJ, MSP has a tendency to over react, but it was NEVER right for you to have taken a man's death so lightly.

MSP, what SSJ said was rude, but don't agg on fights please.

Now, the both of you just stop it.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2005, 08:13:13 pm »
But mocking the great man and globally beloved figure, head of Christ's Church on earth, just to make me feel bad.  Alright, enough enough.  I'm going online to find some more of his great accomplsihments.  ill post em shortly.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2005, 08:14:20 pm »

SSJ4Gogita told me "Praise his death!" on AIM.  That's right.  Satan thanks you for doing his handy work.  But don't forget:  "Vengence is mine, said the Lord."
[snapback]166665[/snapback]

MERz64Mario: YOU MOCKED THE POPE!
MERz64Mario: AFTER ALL THE ******* GOOD HE DONE FOR THE WORLD!
Ssj4Gogita4: hooray for his death!!
MERz64Mario: IF I HAD YOU HERE NOW ID SMASH YOUR *** UP!
MERz64Mario: YOU SON OF A  
MERz64Mario: HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!!!H
MERz64Mario: VENGANCE IS MINE SAID THE LORD!
MERz64Mario: YOUR GONNA ******* GET YOURS!!!
Ssj4Gogita4: MSP meet Mr Blocking *blocked*

I wanted to say that because you know I dont like chatting with you and I know how to get you angry :P
[snapback]166671[/snapback]

Just an example of how freaking insane a lot of Catholics are. They're willing to kill, or at least threaten lives, for their religion.

MSP: Do you believe in God?
Someone: Yes.
MSP: Do you believe in my God?
Someone: No.
MSP: *Fires gun*

ssj4gojita, I really, really don't wanna bring this up again, but you have gone too far this time with your statements, man. I know you were kidding, but look at how seriously MSP took it. I don't like him at all, but the pope is someone who he looks (looked) up to. Someone he believes (believed) in. Just because you don't like someone does not give you a right to insult something they hold so dear.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2005, 08:15:45 pm »
Dude. It wasnt you that took it serious, it was MSP. When we hav e a conversation we'll see how it ends up. Till then, lets just drop it ^_^

So kidding around is illegal too now?

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2005, 08:15:47 pm »
Timo, I forgive you because I know you don't know what you're saying.  And the pope would have forgiven you.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2005, 08:18:15 pm »
Timo, I forgive you because I know you don't know what you're saying.  And the pope would have forgiven you.
[snapback]166688[/snapback]

I know what I'm saying because I said it to you :P

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2005, 08:19:56 pm »
Dude. It wasnt you that took it serious, it was MSP. When we hav e a conversation we'll see how it ends up. Till then, lets just drop it ^_^

[snapback]166687[/snapback]

I take it very seriously. Not in the same way that MSP does. See if you can figure it out.

Your problem is that you never know when you might offend someone. The fact that you were messing around does not change a single thing.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2005, 08:21:56 pm »
His Holiness Pope John Paul II, born Karol Józef Wojtyła ( Polish pronunciation?.), (May 18, 1920 – April 2, 2005) was Pope, Bishop of Rome, and head of the Roman Catholic Church from October 16, 1978 until his death.

John Paul II was chosen for the papacy on October 16, 1978, becoming the first non-Italian pope in 455 years and the first of Slavic origin in the history of the Church. He crusaded against communism, unbridled capitalism and political oppression. He stood firmly against abortion and defended the Church's more traditional approach to human sexuality.

His more than 100 trips abroad attracted enormous crowds (among them some of the largest ever assembled in human history). With these trips, John Paul covered a distance far greater than that traveled by all other popes combined. They have been seen as an outward sign of the efforts at global bridge-building between nations and between religions that have been central to his pontificate.

Pope John Paul II beatified and canonized far more persons than any previous pope. It is reported that as of October 2004, he had beatified 1,340 people. Whether he had canonized more saints than all his predecessors put together, as is sometimes claimed, is difficult to prove, as the records of many early canonizations are incomplete, missing or inaccurate.

On March 14, 2004, his pontificate overtook Leo XIII's as the third-longest pontificate in the history of the Papacy (after Pius IX and St Peter). The length of his reign is in marked contrast with that of his predecessor Pope John Paul I, who died suddenly after only 33 days in office (and in whose memory John Paul II named himself).

Pope John Paul II died after a long fight against Parkinson's disease, amongst other illnesses, on April 2, 2005. His funeral is expected to take place on Thursday April 7, 2005. In his last message to the youth of the world, he said: "I came for you, now it's you who have come to me. I thank you."

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2005, 08:23:11 pm »
MSP, my friend Bryan Fryman wrote this eulogy. I thought you might like it.

The news came in 6 hours ago that Pope John Paul II, the 264th head of the Roman Catholic Church, has passed away.

According to Catholic Tradition, the papal funeral will take place within 4-6 days of the pontiff's death, followed by a 9 day mourning period. After that time, the College of Cardinals will convene at the Vatican to deliberate and elect the new Pope. Within several months, the new Pope will be coronated and take office at the Holy See.

Catholic, Non-Catholic, or even Ex-Catholic, it is very difficult to deny the greatness of John Paul II's papacy. In his time as head of the Church, he helped defeat communism in Poland and Eastern Europe, and has been an unwavering proponent of the poor and the downtrodden across the planet. He has also reached out to young Catholics across the world by establishing World Youth Day. This is one of the many examples of how John Paul II made efforts to unite the Church by its people's faith in Christ and Catholicism's central teachings, rather than focus on their dissenting opinions.

Although his stances toward a progressive Catholicism that would include a female priesthood and a different teaching towards homosexuality or contraception were conservative, Pope John Paul II led his life in the service of God, and with the best intentions for humanity at heart. He has acted like a father to his children, guiding them toward what is right, yet at the same time allowing them to follow their own path towards God.

To many, John Paul II was the only pope Catholics have known or can remember, and to see their beloved spiritual leader pass into the hands of God will be both sorrowful, and joyous.

While John Paul II had critics throughout his papal life, he was never called a hypocrite, an opportunist, or even a politician (despite the fact that he is a Head of State). He truly lived the Gospel in his everyday life, and held the teachings of Jesus as paramount to how people lead their lives. And yet, he was simply a Child of God, and viewed each and every one of us the same way.

John Paul II has been such a child of God, in fact, that he was the first pope since St. Peter visit a synagogue, and during his papacy he made unprecedented progress towards reaching out to other major world religions. Among is other accomplishments as pontiff are that he was the first non-Italian pope in 455 years, is the first Slavic Pope, was the youngest Cardinal elected pope since 1846, is the third longest-reigning pontiff, had canonized more saints than all of the previous popes combined, and is history's most travelled Vicar of Christ.

There is wide speculation that the next pope will not be European; among the prime "candidates" for the papacy are cardinals from Africa and Asia, where the Church is rapidly growing in numbers. Whether or not progessive changes will come to Catholicism remains to be determined.

The challenges the 265th pope will face are the challenges facing the world of the 21st century, such as increasing secularization across Europe, and the growing need to update the Church while still staying true to its spiritual principles, not to mention filling the shoes of a truly great predecessor.

I ask all of you to join me in remembering the life of the 20th Century's greatest pope; may his life forever be remembered for his loving kindness towards mankind, and his humble service to God.

As is customary at Mass, Peace be with you all.

Bry-Fry, Life-long Catholic

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2005, 08:23:43 pm »

I take it very seriously. Not in the same way that MSP does. See if you can figure it out.

Your problem is that you never know when you might offend someone. The fact that you were messing around does not change a single thing.
[snapback]166692[/snapback]

I'm gonna take this offensively. Is that ok?

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2005, 08:34:43 pm »

want some spam with that? sorry but you guys have been going at it for a while and it is annoying some of nicole's personalites...wait ALL. who cares about all of this anymore if you are just going to go off topic. i have noticed a lot of this today and i want us to all remember that this united spongebob forums not united spambob forums. geez sorry to go off like this but i think that theres at least one member that agrees with me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 08:35:39 pm by spongemonkey13 »

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2005, 08:36:41 pm »

[snapback]166692[/snapback]

I'm gonna take this offensively. Is that ok?
[snapback]166699[/snapback]

Stop striving to be acrimonious and jocular. You're abhorrent at it.

EDIT: ssj4gojita has been really bothering me today, but you're right, we've been going off-topic, and I admit that our scuffles have played some part in that. Next time I'll PM him.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 08:38:25 pm by Jackie-Boy »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2005, 09:04:44 pm »
So respecting opinions is out of the question now?

Any idea on who the next pope is??

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2005, 09:08:47 pm »
So respecting opinions is out of the question now?

Who are you to talk about respecting people's opinions? The argument stops right here, right now. We've taken this thread to a plce where it doesn't need to be.

Any idea on who the next pope is??
[snapback]166758[/snapback]

I think they're still deciding, but from what I hear, he'll probably be Irish.

No lie.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2005, 09:12:17 pm »
Wow. I say one thing and you just flame right back at me. When you respect my opinions, I will respect yours. Simple.

On-topic: Was Pop #2 Irish? Is there a trend on how they pick the next one?