Poll

What do you think of people who think image is more important?

They're idiots
14 (48.3%)
Don't Care
9 (31%)
They're fine
3 (10.3%)
Other (please state answer in post)
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Image  (Read 16505 times)

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2005, 05:41:29 pm »
Well, sometimes, if im in the mood, I like to dress real ncely, and not express myself as I norm ally do, but =those a re just some cases that I might feel to look like that. Moslty tjhough, I will express myself.

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2005, 07:29:33 pm »
" OMGZZ!!!! Megadeth and Dream Theatre are having a GIGANTOUR!!!"

THOSE ARE MY TWO FAVOURITE BANDS! YAY!

Anyways back to the subject. Image seems to be how people express themselves. I disagree with uniforms because to me its lack of expression. Some people cant express themselves threw words, music, drawing or something else, so they do so in their clothes. I wear what I like and dont really look down on someone else's fashion sense. If I like something I will say so, but it doesnt bother me in the slightest when others wear something I wouldnt. Ive had a total of four girls at my school come up and tell me I would look a lot prettier if I didnt wear over sized black sweaters and let my natural hair colour grow out. That I should roast in the sun and wear tighter shirts. Thats their opinion. Its wonderful they have enough confidence to say so. Image means nothing, but everything at the same time.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2005, 07:57:41 pm »
all the arguments here have good points, except for mr southern pride's.  it goes to show that people want to be horrible to each other, and weather you have a uniform or not, people will never be happy.
[snapback]168582[/snapback]

How is what he said being horrible to someone, or even insinuating that he wants to be horrible to someone?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 07:58:58 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Eva:Gina

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2005, 12:37:41 am »
ok

all the arguments here have good points, except for mr southern pride's.

this first part is jsut a comment to say that everyone had good points, except the stupid little annoyance that that racist guy put in.

this second part is saying that no matter what, if people dont like you, they will find a way of being mean to you. if you dont want people to be mean to you, be nice. cos people dont care about waht you wear if your easy to get along wiht. or if your not a kid. people dont care about cothes so much when you grow up. wel, not stricly, there are girls and boys who never mentally grow up, and still dress reigiosy out of magazines.

it goes to show that people want to be horrible to each other, and weather you have a uniform or not, people will never be happy.

do you understand yet?

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2005, 07:18:28 am »
Yeah, I saw that. So what if he doesn't care? He doesn't care about image one way or another - I don't see this as a problem. Doesn't care doesn't make someone a bad person, like you seem to insinuate whether you mean to or not. I do agree that people will never be happy tho'. XD

this first part is jsut a comment to say that everyone had good points, except the stupid little annoyance that that racist guy put in.

Nothing wrong with his comment, and I assure you he is not racist. That's a promise. In fact, racism is a very serious thing, so don't throw around comments like that. Next time there will be a warning.

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2005, 07:41:14 pm »
Yeah, I saw that. So what if he doesn't care? He doesn't care about image one way or another - I don't see this as a problem. Doesn't care doesn't make someone a bad person, like you seem to insinuate whether you mean to or not. I do agree that people will never be happy tho'. XD

Nothing wrong with his comment, and I assure you he is not racist. That's a promise. In fact, racism is a very serious thing, so don't throw around comments like that. Next time there will be a warning.
[snapback]169493[/snapback]
ok, i will attempt ot explain again, i was saying htat it was the only comment that contributed nothing to the thread. understand??

and he is racist, the confederat flag is a world wide symbol of race hating.  Its what skinheads hang over their beds and fly off thier cars.
It was the flag of the people hwo wanted back people to stay slves cos they were "inferior".  so if your displayign the flag, unless you have no idea what it means, which must be impossible in america, you are advertising that you think the black poeple are scum.

so warn him, get off my case.  im not the one sticking up for biggots here  :angry:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 07:41:35 pm by Eva:Gina »

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2005, 11:57:16 pm »
WOAH! Calm down, this thread is just on a simple topic: What do people think about image?
>_<''
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

timstapels

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 12:21:25 am »
I really hope this image thing goes away when people reach adult-hood because I can't stand it any longer!

I just really wish everyone would just respect everyone in the world but the reality is...that's never going to happen.... but it just makes me feel so angry at times that people can't just cope with what someone else is wearing or what they look like. Come on, the offender WILL cope with life even if they think someone else looks silly.

Argghhh, I wish this world was a better place......

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 04:08:23 am »
WOAH! Calm down, this thread is just on a simple topic: What do people think about image?
>_<''
[snapback]169654[/snapback]
its like she followign me around and crappign on everything i write!! :biggrin:

the image thing doestn realy go away. it gets to a pont where it doesnt mattter so much. but htere are still groups of people who will always put image before everything else.
As long as your clean and tidy (or wearing a confederate shirt :biggrin: ) who really cares. there is nothing worse than old smelly men sitting to close to you ont he bus tho, ew, you have to bathe, its a matter of hygeine, not image :D

I saw a guy in a t shirt that said f*** jesus once, which ::Dolphin Noise::ed me off, its jsut plain mean. if there was a message, like f*** destiny church (i dont know if you know, but its a hugly corrupt "church" group that hods seminars on how to rip money of members  :angry: ) but there is a point you can cross.

Vicky

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2005, 12:06:55 pm »
Ahhhh! i hate wearing skirts (BTW gideon brown, my uniform cost me £400 which is about $550) It's so sexist! I don't understand why girls should have to parade in something that guys put their hands up. there are some real perverts in the world and I don't think that I and other girls should not be able to wear trousers!!!

Gideon Brown

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2005, 12:41:06 pm »
At St Joe's, you can buy a kilt...but only girls can wear the kilts, and there are guys who are actually quite ::Dolphin Noise::ed off because they can't wear one. I know a lot of guys who went to the prom in their family tartan. Very sexy. *runsoff*

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2005, 01:11:53 pm »
I saw a guy in a t shirt that said f*** jesus once, which ::Dolphin Noise::ed me off, its jsut plain mean. if there was a message, like f*** destiny church (i dont know if you know, but its a hugly corrupt "church" group that hods seminars on how to rip money of members  :angry: ) but there is a point you can cross.
[snapback]169657[/snapback]

I have many shirts that can be insulting...like:

"The world is going to H.E.L.L and Im the one driving the bus" <- that's my fav!

"Give me any evil glares and I'll rip your eyes out" <- got this from a friend....

"Im the anti-christ! Feed me nacho's!" <- it made me laugh, I had to buy it! >_<

"What do I do for a living? Wait, im still alive!? I thought this place was H.E.L.L!" <- *shrugs* It's the truth...

"::Dolphin Noise::, Im nasty!" <- it has some other stuff on it too, but I'de rather not post them.. O_o

I have loads more, but those are my favs....but then again, they just show how I feel....I wear what I want and depending on my mood...if people comment on my appearance in a bad way...I just egnore them...but if they won't leave me alone..I insult them back, I like monkeys.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2005, 01:39:30 pm »
Should image be important? Yes, to you. As in, wear what you like. It should be an important factor to express yourself not to impress others. If you like wearing different colored socks, do it. I dont like to judge people on the way they dress. Some of the preppy people are actually nice to me, their exact opposite. So, people who want fake boobs and a new nose are morons. I wish women would realize that men arnt all attracted to the same thing and the ones who care more about looks than anything else are as shallow as they are and probably hate them like they hate themselves. I dont really respect people who hate their image that much that they have to pay 100000x dollars to fix something that isnt a mistake to begin with. If it isnt broke dont fix it. Gee Whiz, people...

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2005, 10:26:09 pm »
I saw a guy in a t shirt that said f*** jesus once, which ::Dolphin Noise::ed me off, its jsut plain mean. if there was a message, like f*** destiny church (i dont know if you know, but its a hugly corrupt "church" group that hods seminars on how to rip money of members  :angry: ) but there is a point you can cross.
[snapback]169657[/snapback]

I have many shirts that can be insulting...like:

"The world is going to H.E.L.L and Im the one driving the bus" <- that's my fav!

"Give me any evil glares and I'll rip your eyes out" <- got this from a friend....

"Im the anti-christ! Feed me nacho's!" <- it made me laugh, I had to buy it! >_<

"What do I do for a living? Wait, im still alive!? I thought this place was H.E.L.L!" <- *shrugs* It's the truth...

"::Dolphin Noise::, Im nasty!" <- it has some other stuff on it too, but I'de rather not post them.. O_o

I have loads more, but those are my favs....but then again, they just show how I feel....I wear what I want and depending on my mood...if people comment on my appearance in a bad way...I just egnore them...but if they won't leave me alone..I insult them back, I like monkeys.
[snapback]169717[/snapback]
there is a difference tho. your just being a little poo :D hehe, nah, you know waht i mean, i used to have t shirts like that too (i dont know where they are, maybe my mother threw them out) but mainly its cos they are funny or somthing. but this guy was jsut oput there to insult people.

Should image be important? Yes, to you. As in, wear what you like. It should be an important factor to express yourself not to impress others. If you like wearing different colored socks, do it.
[snapback]169719[/snapback]
haha, i have two pairs of docs, one purple,. one with flowers, and one day i didnt know whaich ones i wanted to wear, so i worse one of each.  there were ladies coming up and whispering in my ear that i had a made a mistake  :biggrin:

and my old uniform cost $2000, yes, two THOUSAND dollars.  it was horrible. summer and winter, informal and formal, HATS!!! and ties.
it was just ugly!!!

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2005, 11:20:57 pm »
haha, i have two pairs of docs, one purple,. one with flowers, and one day i didnt know whaich ones i wanted to wear, so i worse one of each. there were ladies coming up and whispering in my ear that i had a made a mistake

I always wear to different shoes. People keep pointing it out. Youd think theyd understand Id be the first one to notice.