Author Topic: Me and my Canadian-ness  (Read 2379 times)

Gideon Brown

Me and my Canadian-ness
« on: April 09, 2005, 08:11:02 pm »
Today, I biked into town. It's quite a feat, if I do say so myself. It took me 40 minutes to get to the train station, where I bought my student train ticket...I then had to bike to Melissa's and go to the mall to get my picture taken in one of those 3 minute photobooth things so I could get my ISIC card. We walked past my old school while going to the mall, for my own personal reasons. The city has tore down about nine tenths of the school, leaving one wall standing, for historical value:

Next, Melissa and I went to a Celtic shop, but it was closed. So we hit the pawnshops and thrift stores, and I came across this decorative ashtray/plate, which was a souvenir...I HAD to buy it....:

We went back to her place, got the car, and went back to the train station, where I was hit on by the guy behind the ticket desk...until he found out I was 19, and he looked a bit embarrassed. I got my ISIC card, smiled at the cute guy (had Séan dimples....made me drool) and then went back to her place, and watched Chocolat. Finally, it was time to head home. I headed down the bike path, which is beside the St Lawrence River, and spotted my old neighbours in their new backyard watching the river. I stopped, said hello, and continued on. And I finally stopped and started to take pictures. This is the only beautiful place in Cornwall, I swear:

The land you see in the distance is Cornwall Island, the Native reserve. Past that is Messena, NY. So yeah...if I had a boat, I could go over there!! lol!

So yes...that was my day...I think I biked 15-20 miles today. I'm pooped out, and thought I'd share my pictures with you guys. *runs back to Bob-ites thread*

Eva:Gina

Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 11:23:12 pm »
are you a girl?? i thought you were a dude  :biggrin:

super_sayian_spongebob

Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 09:46:35 am »
Well that's amazing. I wish I could go around town and take some pics, but I don't have a digital camera.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 10:31:21 am »
Maybe I'll do the same thing, it's just that nothing will interest anyone here.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 12:07:49 pm »
are you a girl?? i thought you were a dude  :biggrin:
[snapback]169011[/snapback]
Run as fast as you can. She's gonna get you :P

Gideon Brown

Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 12:18:18 pm »
^_^
I'm about as female as you can get.
How did I ever get you to think I'm a guy?! There's a man in my siggy....stretching on the ice...*thud* He should definitely be sent off to Cornwall..

Eva:Gina

Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 10:39:06 pm »
I dunno, i just never thought otherwise

Gideon Brown

Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 06:30:39 am »
I did a small experiment with that, once. I wrote a play where all the characters' names were used both by males and females, and had people read it. Most people thought of the main character as a male. I had intended that character to be female. It's amazing what the human mind can assume.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 07:19:56 am »
I did a small experiment with that, once. I wrote a play where all the characters' names were used both by males and females, and had people read it. Most people thought of the main character as a male. I had intended that character to be female. It's amazing what the human mind can assume.
[snapback]169234[/snapback]
It also depends on how you spell it, like Aaron, and Erin, or Chris and Kris, or Joe and Jo. With these names you think one is male and one is female.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Gideon Brown

Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 07:39:00 am »
The main character was Jamie. So it could be a nickname for a guy named James, or it could be female. Another good nickname I know a guy has is Sandy. His real name is Alexander....but yeah.

Offline Chongster

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • ^ George ^
    • View Profile
    • www.simon-chong.co.uk
Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 09:21:28 am »
I'd take pictures of Middlesbrough, but i really dont think anyone really wants to see it!!

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005, 11:31:18 am »
Nice pictures. I love pictures with water like that.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Gideon Brown

Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 11:57:34 am »
Well if you like those, here's two more :)

Offline LE

• SpongeBob
  • with walls of the deepest blue
    • View Profile
Me and my Canadian-ness
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 01:42:23 pm »
I took a really up-close picture of a purple flower in leaves and It's soo pretty.
it got too real