Author Topic: There's a new Pope!  (Read 16268 times)

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
There's a new Pope!
« on: April 19, 2005, 09:09:59 am »
A new Pope was elected a few minutes ago. I'll update this when I get his name.

*EDIT* Joseph Ratzinger of Germany is the new Pope.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 09:45:17 am by Spider-Boogie »
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 09:59:46 am »
Cardinal Ratzinger

I hear booing
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 10:00:06 am by ssj4gogita4 »

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 10:08:45 am »
He chose the name of Pope Benedict XVI (the sixteenth). I saw many flags being carried around. I saw United States, Brazil, Slovenia, Russia, Germany, France, Vatican City, Poland, Chile, Scotland, Costa Rica, India, Ivory Coast, Argentina, Lebanon, Slovokia, Philippines, Honduras, Ecuador and possibly Cameroon.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 10:10:22 am »
Yay!

Now I have something to read in the paper.

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 11:34:17 am »
He is a good choice, but I fear he may not be around long. He is already 78 years old.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 11:36:18 am »
Good choice. Now, only time can tell what he can do.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 11:46:12 am »
I withdraw what I said, I was very p o'd over Ratzinger being chosen as new pope. Just delete this please.  :ph34r:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 07:02:24 pm by Rocko »

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 12:06:39 pm »
He is a good choice, but I fear he may not be around long. He is already 78 years old.
[snapback]171340[/snapback]
Hopefully he won't be around long. The last thing the church needs is a super conservitve 78 year old man running the church. We had a chance to get a good liberal pope, but the stupid conservitve cardnails decided on some lousy ultra conservitve pope. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
I see a liberal break away chuch coming soon.
[snapback]171346[/snapback]

Meh, that hopefully will not happen. That would completely change and ruin the church and faith. Conservatism, for the most part, goes hand in hand with the faith.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 12:13:41 pm »
Hopefully he won't be around long. The last thing the church needs is a super conservitve 78 year old man running the church. We had a chance to get a good liberal pope, but the stupid conservitve cardnails decided on some lousy ultra conservitve pope. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Meh, that hopefully will not happen. That would completely change and ruin the church and faith. Conservatism, for the most part, goes hand in hand with the faith.
[snapback]171349[/snapback]
I appogize for this post. I was p oed at the time.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 06:30:53 am by Rocko »

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 12:17:37 pm »
Contraceptives should be allowed, true, but unless someone is in real awe of this man, they'll use them if they want. Liberal Catholics leaving the church over this? Well, that is their choice and I shall hardly lose sleep over it.

Sheldon J. Plankton

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 01:07:46 pm »
Yeah, I hear lots of negative stuff about this guy. I remember when I came home today my mom was watching the news, and there was an announcement on the news that there was a new pope. I asked her "They elected a new pope", and she says very unentusiastically "yeah that Ratsinger guy" (sorry about me spelling his name wrong), obviously she wasn't too happy.

I personally really liked John Paul II, even though he was kinda conservative. I wanna give this new dude a chance though. If he ends up being bad then they'll probably kill him though. For those of you non-Catholics, some of our popes have lasted merely a few days before getting murdered. And alot more have had assasination attempts (even John Paul II). So I dunno about this one.

Dragon Of Grief

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 05:36:33 pm »
Face it. Liberals aren't very religious. A good majority of them don't believe in the existance of God... they are more scientifical.

Oh yeah, and you really sounded like a reverse MSP right there... not a good thing, Rocko. Not a good thing at all.

spongedude

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 06:08:30 pm »
He's against stuff like condoms, and condoms don't kill, they save lives. Think about how many lives would be saved by larger use of condoms.
[snapback]171351[/snapback]

Technically, condoms don't save lives. The kill it in the embryotic stage. :sleep:

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 06:25:22 pm »
He's against stuff like condoms, and condoms don't kill, they save lives. Think about how many lives would be saved by larger use of condoms.
[snapback]171351[/snapback]

Technically, condoms don't save lives. The kill it in the embryotic stage. :sleep:
[snapback]171534[/snapback]
Too much info. Let's keep the sex talk to minimum shall we?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 07:22:14 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 06:27:58 pm »
Too.
Much.
Info.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 06:38:01 pm »
Too.
Much.
Info.
[snapback]171549[/snapback]
Just telling the facts of life, Timo.

Chrono

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 07:29:59 pm »
Congratulations to Joseph Ratzinger of Germany. I like his Pope name. Benidict. Hope that Pope Benidict the 16th has a great Pope life.

MiraclrPlz

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 07:53:46 pm »
Birth Control is a form of abortion because it stops life from happening.  It is evil and condoms are evil.  The CHURCH teaches this, it is not each individual pope's descison.  He is just enforcing God's law.  Rocko,God chose this wonderful man to be Pope.  The Holy Spirit intervines in the election for pope, this is a defined Dogma.  This is a great man who is extremly conservative, and I agree with him.  I know he is as conservative as Pope John Paul II, he is probably even more.  So your plans for a new Pope liberalizing thie Church: God doesn't want His Church getting Liberalized.  Rocko, u called him an anti-pope.  This ownderful man of God.  That is herasy.  Treasonous.

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 08:54:11 pm »
Birth Control is a form of abortion because it stops life from happening.  It is evil and condoms are evil.  The CHURCH teaches this, it is not each individual pope's descison.  He is just enforcing God's law.  Rocko,God chose this wonderful man to be Pope.  The Holy Spirit intervines in the election for pope, this is a defined Dogma.  This is a great man who is extremly conservative, and I agree with him.  I know he is as conservative as Pope John Paul II, he is probably even more.  So your plans for a new Pope liberalizing thie Church: God doesn't want His Church getting Liberalized.  Rocko, u called him an anti-pope.  This ownderful man of God.  That is herasy.  Treasonous.
[snapback]171573[/snapback]

Whoah now. The Pope isn't God, so there's no heresy involved here. Rocko already said he was ticked off and apolagized for his post.

Birth control can't possibly be a sin. It stops life from happening, but so does abstinence. If people want to use birth control we should just leave them be. It is better to use birth control and not get pregnant than to not use birth control and murder an innocent victim.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 08:54:45 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

spongedude

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 09:34:54 pm »
Birth Control is a form of abortion because it stops life from happening.  It is evil and condoms are evil.  The CHURCH teaches this, it is not each individual pope's descison.  He is just enforcing God's law.  Rocko,God chose this wonderful man to be Pope.  The Holy Spirit intervines in the election for pope, this is a defined Dogma.  This is a great man who is extremly conservative, and I agree with him.  I know he is as conservative as Pope John Paul II, he is probably even more.  So your plans for a new Pope liberalizing thie Church: God doesn't want His Church getting Liberalized.  Rocko, u called him an anti-pope.  This ownderful man of God.  That is herasy.  Treasonous.

Whoah now. The Pope isn't God, so there's no heresy involved here. Rocko already said he was ticked off and apolagized for his post.

Birth control can't possibly be a sin. It stops life from happening, but so does abstinence. If people want to use birth control we should just leave them be. It is better to use birth control and not get pregnant than to not use birth control and murder an innocent victim.
[snapback]171584[/snapback]

I hate to get into this type of argument in a thread about the new Pope, but there is a difference between birth control and abstinence. When one practices abstinence, they aren't involved in any act that could result in them getting pregnant. That is not the case with birth control, where it is used specifically to stop further conception from happening. The Catholic church does not look highly on anything that stops the conception of another human being where it could have continued - and that includes birth control. :sad:

Yea... don't wanna use any especially striking terms. :sleep:

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 03:33:34 am »

[snapback]171584[/snapback]
Birth control should be allowed by the church espealliy, condoms. Condoms prevent HIV, and other STD's. And in Africa widespeard condom use, can help stop the AIDS epedemic.
I hate to get into this type of argument in a thread about the new Pope, but there is a difference between birth control and abstinence. When one practices abstinence, they aren't involved in any act that could result in them getting pregnant. That is not the case with birth control, where it is used specifically to stop further conception from happening. The Catholic church does not look highly on anything that stops the conception of another human being where it could have continued - and that includes birth control. :sad:

Yea... don't wanna use any especially striking terms. :sleep:
[snapback]171594[/snapback]
But conterseptives like condoms, preven HIV. If condoms where more widespeard in Africa where the Catholic population is growing, the AIDS epidemic would become less of a problem.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 06:28:00 am by Rocko »

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 08:48:32 am »
I hate to be a part of this, but they don't prevent HIV. The HIV virus can travel straight through that latex.

Now, we've discussed this enough. These are not so important that we must discuss them on a kiddie forum.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 08:52:55 am by Elizabeth Rose »

Chrono

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 06:27:42 pm »
...How did a topic on the Pope get to be about AIDS...**looks around** I think I'll leave now...

Eva:Gina

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2005, 06:34:59 pm »
I hate to be a part of this, but they don't prevent HIV. The HIV virus can travel straight through that latex.

Now, we've discussed this enough. These are not so important that we must discuss them on a kiddie forum.
[snapback]171632[/snapback]
*Nah, I ain't letting this slide by. No overtly sexual content please*

who cares, if you wanna be religious, be religious.  im not, you dont care, i realy dont care about hte pope or anything else. it only efffects my life when i am preached to.
the only reason i care about religion is when one of my firends is christian or whatever.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 07:50:42 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

MiraclrPlz

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005, 07:27:06 pm »
This Conservative New Pontiff will affect EVERYONE'S lives.  Hmm, you said the AIDS crisis would help be prevented in Africa if they used Condoms, how about they DON'T COMMIT THIS HORRIBLE SIN?!!  The Church has always been against birth control. It is a horrible sin.  The Church has NEVER changed over the melleniums for the modern desires of man and THAT WON'T CHANGE NOW!.

Pope John Paul II knew that Catholicism was required for the fullness of salvation.  He was just very polite and more respectful to other religions.  Pope Benedict XVI said the Catholic Church was the Church established by Christ and His Apostles, and 1500 years later, no one had the right to establish their own churches(referring to protestantism).not trying to be disrespectful, I am respectful of other people's faiths, but that is what he said.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 07:38:54 pm by MiraclrPlz »

Dragon Of Grief

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2005, 07:36:46 pm »
Hold up... I am all for birth control. Condoms, and all of that. What I am against is abortion though. I mean, people still want to enjoy the pleasures of sex without having to worry about getting pregnant if they can't afford or don't want a kid.

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2005, 07:39:43 pm »
I could have sworn I said for people to stop discussing sexual matters in depth. I guess I need to say it again: Stop discussing sexual matters in depth. This is a kiddie forum. This is the last warning. Once more, and this is closed.

MiraclrPlz

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2005, 07:39:43 pm »
Pope John Paul II knew that Catholicism was required for the fullness of salvation.  He was just very polite and more respectful to other religions.  Pope Benedict XVI said the Catholic Church was the Church established by Christ and His Apostles, and 1500 years later, no one had the right to establish their own churches(referring to protestantism).not trying to be disrespectful, I am respectful of other people's faiths, but that is what he said.

And TY, just because you don't want it to be a sin does not changed the fact it is a horrible and evil sin that banalizes family.

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2005, 07:41:50 pm »
Pope John Paul II knew that Catholicism was required for the fullness of salvation.
[snapback]171757[/snapback]

That's in the Bible eh?

By the way, I'm moving this to the debate den.

Dragon Of Grief

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2005, 07:43:49 pm »
And TY, just because you don't want it to be a sin does not changed the fact it is a horrible and evil sin that banalizes family.
Well, that is bullcrap...

Liz, mind moving this to debate please?

EDIT: Never mind. It's here...

MSP, imagine you are dirt poor, live in a rag shag apartment, with your girlfriend. You can't afford to support kids. So does this mean you shouldn't have sex, JUST because your intention is to not have kids? Dude, humans (and dolphins) are the only living creatures that do it for the fun and pleasure of it... sex isn't just to spurt out kids. It's for ones own personal pleasure as well.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 07:47:28 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

MiraclrPlz

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2005, 07:45:04 pm »
I am so sick of that whole "Where is that in the Bible?" question.  For example, "Where are Preists mentioned in the bible"?

Answer:  Preists, Bishops, Cardinals, all that stuff WAS in the Bible.  The Protestants ripped it out in their translation.  This material is still found in the Catholic Bible.  

And Jesus did say, "Upon this Rock I shall build my Church.  Whatever is bound in Earth is bound in Heaven and whatever is bound in Heaven is bound in Earth."

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2005, 07:45:52 pm »
Well, that is bullcrap...

Liz, mind moving this to debate please?
[snapback]171762[/snapback]

Spoke to soon. Great minds think alike.

EDIT: MSP, I'm not trying to cause you any trouble a'tall, but I think you've got things a bit messed up. I do not believe that you have to be Catholic to be saved. In fact, the only thing that saves you is the blood of Christ. There are a lot of lost people in ALL churches, Catholic, Baptist, Church of Christ etc... Being a part of a church is not what secures salvation.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 07:49:08 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Dragon Of Grief

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2005, 07:48:25 pm »
Haha. I guess so :tongue:

I posted that the exact second you moved it. Hehehe.

Eva:Gina

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2005, 08:03:14 pm »
and anyways, isnt hte real, original bible locked up somwhere cos if htey published the real one, without any censorship, it would be three times onlger, and a complete load of rubbish??

they just took the good bits out and made a book out of htat, so i understand.

super_sayian_spongebob

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2005, 02:06:25 pm »
I still wanted a pope to be from places like Latin America, the Philippines, or Africa. But I guess not, oh well. Good luck for him. I'm afraid of the Catholic Church breaking apart, that's what I've heard on CNN one time.

MiraclrPlz

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2005, 07:51:55 pm »
Let them leave.  It's their sin.  Don't you get it SSS?  he liberals are just threatining us.  They can break away and have their women preists.  Heck, they can even have a gay bishop.  But then there wouldn't be any fun.  The only reason the liberals join our church is to try to destroy it from the inside.  Religion is antagonistical to liberalism.  They wish to annoy and bicker us.  Why would they want to break away?

And about your newly found 'progressivism'(which is another word for socialism), The Holy Spirit intervines in the election of pope.  That is a defined DOGMA.  A Dogma is something you have to believe on painstake of your own salvation.  As such is the Infailability of the Pope.

Dragon Of Grief

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2005, 07:59:51 pm »
You need some serious help for your delusional paranoia dude... that's just insane if you go back and read it... and totally untrue.

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2005, 08:01:35 pm »
MSP, I was starting to think you were an alright kid, but I'm about to change my mind. Do you mean to say that the Pope can make NO mistakes?

Dragon Of Grief

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2005, 08:12:42 pm »
According to him... the pope is PERFECT and is GOD ON EARTH.

super_sayian_spongebob

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2005, 09:17:36 pm »
Okay the pope is just the leader of our Church, and the hoyl Father. He isn't "GOD ON EARTH" okay? Face it.

Plus, MSP dreams of a genocide killing Liberals probably.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2005, 10:22:44 pm »
Let them leave.  It's their sin.  Don't you get it SSS?  he liberals are just threatining us.  They can break away and have their women preists.  Heck, they can even have a gay bishop.  But then there wouldn't be any fun.  The only reason the liberals join our church is to try to destroy it from the inside.  Religion is antagonistical to liberalism.  They wish to annoy and bicker us.  Why would they want to break away?

And about your newly found 'progressivism'(which is another word for socialism), The Holy Spirit intervines in the election of pope.  That is a defined DOGMA.  A Dogma is something you have to believe on painstake of your own salvation.  As such is the Infailability of the Pope.
[snapback]172605[/snapback]
No offense, but you're going to h3ll. And when you do...I will fight you when the two worlds collide

super_sayian_spongebob

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2005, 10:00:57 am »
Leave MSP alone. He doesn't like respecting other faiths.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2005, 10:09:18 am »
Let them leave.  It's their sin.  Don't you get it SSS?  he liberals are just threatining us.  They can break away and have their women preists.  Heck, they can even have a gay bishop.  But then there wouldn't be any fun.  The only reason the liberals join our church is to try to destroy it from the inside.  Religion is antagonistical to liberalism.  They wish to annoy and bicker us.  Why would they want to break away?
And about your newly found 'progressivism'(which is another word for socialism), The Holy Spirit intervines in the election of pope.  That is a defined DOGMA.  A Dogma is something you have to believe on painstake of your own salvation.  As such is the Infailability of the Pope.
No offense, but you're going to h3ll. And when you do...I will fight you when the two worlds collide
[snapback]172709[/snapback]
MSP, you are going to h3ll. You don't treat everyone with respect, you treat other relgions like crap.

super_sayian_spongebob

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2005, 10:19:57 am »
[snapback]172709[/snapback]
MSP, you are going to h3ll. You don't treat everyone with respect, you treat other relgions like crap.
[snapback]172940[/snapback]

Exactly. I think Jesus wouldn't be happy if he reads this junk that MSP has been making for months about bashing other faiths.

MiraclrPlz

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2005, 11:22:44 am »
Elizabeth Rose  Yesterday, 09:01 PM Post #38  

Custom Titles are for Losers

Group: Global Mods
Member No.: 1,453

MSP, I was starting to think you were an alright kid, but I'm about to change my mind. Do you mean to say that the Pope can make NO mistakes?

-------------------
Elizabeth Rose, you know that the Infailibility of The Pope is a Dogma.  That does not mean he's perfect.  It just means that he can't preach herasy.  You are not going to think I'm an alright kid for something my religion teaches?  Throughout the 20 centuries of Catholicism, there have been great popes, and some popes who were not so great.  But they never taught herasy.  Not one ever did.  And that is what infailible means.  He is the successor to St. Peter and the vicar of Christ on earth.  And Pope Benedict XVI, whose corination mass was today, is a traditionalist.  Which is the opposite of progressivists.  Nobody can insult me for something they do no understand.

super_sayian_spongebob

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2005, 11:24:45 am »
Well that sorta makes sense there...

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2005, 05:13:20 pm »
Whatever, I say if one wants to preach herasy, they will. I don't know if one ever has or not, and I'm not concerned about it. Your world is the Catholic church, MSP. Oh well, to each their own I suppose.