Author Topic: There's a new Pope!  (Read 16265 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 06:38:01 pm »
Too.
Much.
Info.
[snapback]171549[/snapback]
Just telling the facts of life, Timo.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Chrono

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 07:29:59 pm »
Congratulations to Joseph Ratzinger of Germany. I like his Pope name. Benidict. Hope that Pope Benidict the 16th has a great Pope life.

MiraclrPlz

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 07:53:46 pm »
Birth Control is a form of abortion because it stops life from happening.  It is evil and condoms are evil.  The CHURCH teaches this, it is not each individual pope's descison.  He is just enforcing God's law.  Rocko,God chose this wonderful man to be Pope.  The Holy Spirit intervines in the election for pope, this is a defined Dogma.  This is a great man who is extremly conservative, and I agree with him.  I know he is as conservative as Pope John Paul II, he is probably even more.  So your plans for a new Pope liberalizing thie Church: God doesn't want His Church getting Liberalized.  Rocko, u called him an anti-pope.  This ownderful man of God.  That is herasy.  Treasonous.

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 08:54:11 pm »
Birth Control is a form of abortion because it stops life from happening.  It is evil and condoms are evil.  The CHURCH teaches this, it is not each individual pope's descison.  He is just enforcing God's law.  Rocko,God chose this wonderful man to be Pope.  The Holy Spirit intervines in the election for pope, this is a defined Dogma.  This is a great man who is extremly conservative, and I agree with him.  I know he is as conservative as Pope John Paul II, he is probably even more.  So your plans for a new Pope liberalizing thie Church: God doesn't want His Church getting Liberalized.  Rocko, u called him an anti-pope.  This ownderful man of God.  That is herasy.  Treasonous.
[snapback]171573[/snapback]

Whoah now. The Pope isn't God, so there's no heresy involved here. Rocko already said he was ticked off and apolagized for his post.

Birth control can't possibly be a sin. It stops life from happening, but so does abstinence. If people want to use birth control we should just leave them be. It is better to use birth control and not get pregnant than to not use birth control and murder an innocent victim.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 08:54:45 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

spongedude

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 09:34:54 pm »
Birth Control is a form of abortion because it stops life from happening.  It is evil and condoms are evil.  The CHURCH teaches this, it is not each individual pope's descison.  He is just enforcing God's law.  Rocko,God chose this wonderful man to be Pope.  The Holy Spirit intervines in the election for pope, this is a defined Dogma.  This is a great man who is extremly conservative, and I agree with him.  I know he is as conservative as Pope John Paul II, he is probably even more.  So your plans for a new Pope liberalizing thie Church: God doesn't want His Church getting Liberalized.  Rocko, u called him an anti-pope.  This ownderful man of God.  That is herasy.  Treasonous.

Whoah now. The Pope isn't God, so there's no heresy involved here. Rocko already said he was ticked off and apolagized for his post.

Birth control can't possibly be a sin. It stops life from happening, but so does abstinence. If people want to use birth control we should just leave them be. It is better to use birth control and not get pregnant than to not use birth control and murder an innocent victim.
[snapback]171584[/snapback]

I hate to get into this type of argument in a thread about the new Pope, but there is a difference between birth control and abstinence. When one practices abstinence, they aren't involved in any act that could result in them getting pregnant. That is not the case with birth control, where it is used specifically to stop further conception from happening. The Catholic church does not look highly on anything that stops the conception of another human being where it could have continued - and that includes birth control. :sad:

Yea... don't wanna use any especially striking terms. :sleep:

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
There's a new Pope!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 03:33:34 am »

[snapback]171584[/snapback]
Birth control should be allowed by the church espealliy, condoms. Condoms prevent HIV, and other STD's. And in Africa widespeard condom use, can help stop the AIDS epedemic.
I hate to get into this type of argument in a thread about the new Pope, but there is a difference between birth control and abstinence. When one practices abstinence, they aren't involved in any act that could result in them getting pregnant. That is not the case with birth control, where it is used specifically to stop further conception from happening. The Catholic church does not look highly on anything that stops the conception of another human being where it could have continued - and that includes birth control. :sad:

Yea... don't wanna use any especially striking terms. :sleep:
[snapback]171594[/snapback]
But conterseptives like condoms, preven HIV. If condoms where more widespeard in Africa where the Catholic population is growing, the AIDS epidemic would become less of a problem.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 06:28:00 am by Rocko »

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 08:48:32 am »
I hate to be a part of this, but they don't prevent HIV. The HIV virus can travel straight through that latex.

Now, we've discussed this enough. These are not so important that we must discuss them on a kiddie forum.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 08:52:55 am by Elizabeth Rose »

Chrono

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 06:27:42 pm »
...How did a topic on the Pope get to be about AIDS...**looks around** I think I'll leave now...

Eva:Gina

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2005, 06:34:59 pm »
I hate to be a part of this, but they don't prevent HIV. The HIV virus can travel straight through that latex.

Now, we've discussed this enough. These are not so important that we must discuss them on a kiddie forum.
[snapback]171632[/snapback]
*Nah, I ain't letting this slide by. No overtly sexual content please*

who cares, if you wanna be religious, be religious.  im not, you dont care, i realy dont care about hte pope or anything else. it only efffects my life when i am preached to.
the only reason i care about religion is when one of my firends is christian or whatever.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 07:50:42 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

MiraclrPlz

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005, 07:27:06 pm »
This Conservative New Pontiff will affect EVERYONE'S lives.  Hmm, you said the AIDS crisis would help be prevented in Africa if they used Condoms, how about they DON'T COMMIT THIS HORRIBLE SIN?!!  The Church has always been against birth control. It is a horrible sin.  The Church has NEVER changed over the melleniums for the modern desires of man and THAT WON'T CHANGE NOW!.

Pope John Paul II knew that Catholicism was required for the fullness of salvation.  He was just very polite and more respectful to other religions.  Pope Benedict XVI said the Catholic Church was the Church established by Christ and His Apostles, and 1500 years later, no one had the right to establish their own churches(referring to protestantism).not trying to be disrespectful, I am respectful of other people's faiths, but that is what he said.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 07:38:54 pm by MiraclrPlz »

Dragon Of Grief

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2005, 07:36:46 pm »
Hold up... I am all for birth control. Condoms, and all of that. What I am against is abortion though. I mean, people still want to enjoy the pleasures of sex without having to worry about getting pregnant if they can't afford or don't want a kid.

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2005, 07:39:43 pm »
I could have sworn I said for people to stop discussing sexual matters in depth. I guess I need to say it again: Stop discussing sexual matters in depth. This is a kiddie forum. This is the last warning. Once more, and this is closed.

MiraclrPlz

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2005, 07:39:43 pm »
Pope John Paul II knew that Catholicism was required for the fullness of salvation.  He was just very polite and more respectful to other religions.  Pope Benedict XVI said the Catholic Church was the Church established by Christ and His Apostles, and 1500 years later, no one had the right to establish their own churches(referring to protestantism).not trying to be disrespectful, I am respectful of other people's faiths, but that is what he said.

And TY, just because you don't want it to be a sin does not changed the fact it is a horrible and evil sin that banalizes family.

Elizabeth Rose

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2005, 07:41:50 pm »
Pope John Paul II knew that Catholicism was required for the fullness of salvation.
[snapback]171757[/snapback]

That's in the Bible eh?

By the way, I'm moving this to the debate den.

Dragon Of Grief

There's a new Pope!
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2005, 07:43:49 pm »
And TY, just because you don't want it to be a sin does not changed the fact it is a horrible and evil sin that banalizes family.
[snapback]171757[/snapback]
Well, that is bullcrap...

Liz, mind moving this to debate please?

EDIT: Never mind. It's here...

MSP, imagine you are dirt poor, live in a rag shag apartment, with your girlfriend. You can't afford to support kids. So does this mean you shouldn't have sex, JUST because your intention is to not have kids? Dude, humans (and dolphins) are the only living creatures that do it for the fun and pleasure of it... sex isn't just to spurt out kids. It's for ones own personal pleasure as well.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 07:47:28 pm by Dragon Of Grief »