Poll

School

Usefull
20 (80%)
Useless
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: School  (Read 17514 times)

John13

School
« on: April 20, 2005, 10:22:36 pm »
School = BS

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
School
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 11:48:26 pm »
Useful, you LEARN at school.
People who don't want to learn at school should never come, since they ruin it for everyone else.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

oscar_the_grouch

School
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 11:55:47 pm »
Useful, you LEARN at school.
People who don't want to learn at school should never come, since they ruin it for everyone else.
[snapback]171830[/snapback]

Agreed. I do complain about the goverment making us go, but I do love learning. I just dont agree with being forced to go. Id go if I didnt have to.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 11:56:19 pm by oscar_the_grouch »

Gideon Brown

School
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 04:48:50 am »
School is very useful. I may have hated elementary school because I was considered a 'loser', but I quite enjoyed high school, and I love college. Especially college. College can be the difference between working the cash at McDonald's, or working in Human Resources, and firing and hiring those people who work the cash.

Eva:Gina

School
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 04:49:59 am »
school is good when its a good school, if yo know what i mean.

n on ewill learn if whats being taught is seemingly pointless.

Elizabeth Rose

School
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 07:30:46 am »
It depends on where you go. I was homeschooled (am finished with high school just a week ago) because none of the schools around here are even halfway decent. I loved school because I like learning.

The real question should be: Should the government make children go to school? The answer is no. Once a child has reached 8th grade or so, and they really, really don't want to be there, excuse them. Forget about them. A lot of learning is disrupted by kids who DON'T want to be in school. At sixteen let them get a license and work, just like a regular kid. Don't make them stay in school if they are determined not to learn. Making them stay in school is a waste of their time and the teachers' time.

Offline RandomDude18

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 07:45:33 am »
Usefull if you go to a good school

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 08:38:32 am »
I like going to school, but not the school I am at right now. Someone broke a window in a classroom a couple days ago.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 08:44:10 am »
It depends on where you go. I was homeschooled (am finished with high school just a week ago) because none of the schools around here are even halfway decent. I loved school because I like learning.

The real question should be: Should the government make children go to school? The answer is no. Once a child has reached 8th grade or so, and they really, really don't want to be there, excuse them. Forget about them. A lot of learning is disrupted by kids who DON'T want to be in school. At sixteen let them get a license and work, just like a regular kid. Don't make them stay in school if they are determined not to learn. Making them stay in school is a waste of their time and the teachers' time.
[snapback]171863[/snapback]

Agreed. I cant count how many times I had to block out loud people who would never shut-up and do their work. America is one of the laziest countries when it comes to its people wanting an education. I want to better myself with a higher education. The kids around here who never graduate will be working construction jubs the rest of their life, which really takes no education....

Vicky

School
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005, 05:32:56 am »
i think that school is very useful. I think that you should get the choice to go to high school though. If you don't want a good job or whatever, don't go to school after middle school!! You don't exactly NEED education after 8th grade. I don't think you should have to wait until your 18 to leave school, when you could leave when your 14 and then get education when your ready for it later using one of those self learning kits that you get in the post.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005, 11:43:24 am »
School = BS
[snapback]171826[/snapback]

I thought those were your initials. :happy:

Useful. Yep, let's all not go to school. And while we're at it, let's flush society down the drain. Both will do.

1luke12

School
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 12:08:24 pm »
This is a weird topic. Of course it's useful to go to school.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
School
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005, 12:44:37 pm »
School = BS
[snapback]171826[/snapback]
Useful. Yep, let's all not go to school. And while we're at it, let's flush society down the drain. Both will do.
[snapback]172992[/snapback]

Yes, but why should we force people who aren't going to learn, disrupt class, and make everything worse for other people to go?

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 07:10:06 pm »
Dude, without school, we would have no friends.

Elizabeth Rose

School
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2005, 07:11:25 pm »
Dude, without school, we would have no friends.
[snapback]173217[/snapback]

I don't go to school and I have friends.