Poll

School

Usefull
20 (80%)
Useless
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: School  (Read 17515 times)

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 07:12:13 pm »
Well, you probably made friends when you were IN school.

Elizabeth Rose

School
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2005, 07:14:34 pm »
Well, you probably made friends when you were IN school.
[snapback]173221[/snapback]

No, I haven't been in public school since 1st grade... Most of friends are either at dance or online.

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2005, 07:17:08 pm »
Well, for kids who do go to school, its where we make most of our friends. (And you still met your friends in a school-like environment...Dance, you're learning!:D)

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
School
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2005, 12:00:18 am »
It is true you make friends in school...but that is not really why you are there...you're there to LEARN STUFF.
I have found that many people who are older than me on this website have not payed attention to certain classes at school and they don't know the basics of everything I know...and it makes life difficult to debate with them.
Question is, who's fault is it that these people don't learn?
The student, the teacher or the classmates?
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Eva:Gina

School
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2005, 07:26:15 pm »
It is true you make friends in school...but that is not really why you are there...you're there to LEARN STUFF.
I have found that many people who are older than me on this website have not payed attention to certain classes at school and they don't know the basics of everything I know...and it makes life difficult to debate with them.
[snapback]173288[/snapback]
the system

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 07:34:04 pm »
the system
[snapback]173748[/snapback]
the teachers...

they dont make it interesting enough. They need to liven it up.

Have AWESOME movies to show that goes along with the lesson. A movie that everyone enjoys, not some chick flick. Also, have people choose their own projects. But they have to do one, and they have to be done really well and not some written paper. Have some free days along the school year so the kids dont think you are boring all the time. Have 1-2 field trips to do something. Have a trip for lunch to get something to eat. Have the students write down some suggestions on what they should be able to do but give them boundaries before they start.

Yes, it is indeed part of the systems fault. They need to choose better teachers. But the teachers are mainly the responsibility. They give homework almost every day like to read something or to finish a paper.

School
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 07:46:30 pm »
the system
the teachers...

Have AWESOME movies to show that goes along with the lesson. A movie that everyone enjoys, not some chick flick. Also, have people choose their own projects. But they have to do one, and they have to be done really well and not some written paper. Have some free days along the school year so the kids dont think you are boring all the time. Have 1-2 field trips to do something. Have a trip for lunch to get something to eat. Have the students write down some suggestions on what they should be able to do but give them boundaries before they start.

Yes, it is indeed part of the systems fault. They need to choose better teachers. But the teachers are mainly the responsibility. They give homework almost every day like to read something or to finish a paper.
[snapback]173756[/snapback]
true, but hten how can you get enthusiastic about teaching a bunch of surly teenagers??
pretty much, i think that kids should get a years break when they get to that really grumpy stage, go and get a job for a year, but still be enroled and just finish school a year later.  or treat high school more like uni, it sucks to be that age adn still treated like a kid.  you get really frustrated and blow up then they treat you like a kid even more!!!

its like you have no voice at that age, and it sucks, and it works its way into every part of your life.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2005, 07:51:20 pm »
the system
the teachers...

true, but hten how can you get enthusiastic about teaching a bunch of surly teenagers??
pretty much, i think that kids should get a years break when they get to that really grumpy stage, go and get a job for a year, but still be enroled and just finish school a year later.  or treat high school more like uni, it sucks to be that age adn still treated like a kid.  you get really frustrated and blow up then they treat you like a kid even more!!!

its like you have no voice at that age, and it sucks, and it works its way into every part of your life.
[snapback]173767[/snapback]
They can have a job while they are in school. All high-schoolers get grumpy along the year so the teachers need to deal with that. 1 more year is too long. 4 years is long enough in the same school. Most teachers dont care what their students do as long as it isnt against the law or a major rule breaker at school.

School
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 08:05:34 pm »
i had a mental breakdown at school.
i was literatly 3 seconds late, the bell rang as i was walkng up the steps into classs, the teacher told me to go gwt a late pass (which meant after school detention) and i just walked off, my mum found me wandering hte street hours later :blink:
heaps of people cant hande that environment at that age.  if you grow up and are still all angsty, you need help, cos that stage or growing up is all about learning to cope

oscar_the_grouch

School
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2005, 10:32:10 pm »
But they have to do one, and they have to be done really well and not some written paper.
Some of us do enjoy writing papers you know. Me being one of them. Id rather write a 1000+ words on chairs then hear my teacher's droning voice talk about the ruins of some ancient country. The topic may be interesting, but they teachers voice is far from it. I find it easier to consentrate when there is no noise. That rarley ever happens. People learn in different ways.

What Im meaning to say basically is you cant please everyone. There is always going to be someone who is bored or hates school. Teachers are paid to give us information. If you just so happen not to be listening that isnt their fault. Im not meaning to defend teachers, since Ive only respected two but youve got to cut them some slack. Some of the students they deal with are just horrible.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
School
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005, 12:19:11 am »
I have repetetiv mental breakdowns at school....one time I got so fustrated I flipped the table over and shouted at the top of my lungs. O_O
I fainted afterwards cause my blood pressure was so high.
The breakdown was caused by the students in the classroom disturbing me when I was working.
That, and a school bully kept hitting me in the back with a pencil.

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

School
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2005, 12:41:20 am »
I have repetetiv mental breakdowns at school....one time I got so fustrated I flipped the table over and shouted at the top of my lungs. O_O
I fainted afterwards cause my blood pressure was so high.
The breakdown was caused by the students in the classroom disturbing me when I was working.
That, and a school bully kept hitting me in the back with a pencil.
[snapback]173846[/snapback]
i HATE that!!! stupid pencil flicking and things!!! sometimes i used to wish that they wouold jsut beat me up and get it over with, cos i wasnt gonna start fights, but i just wanted somthing to happen to end the stupidity!!!!

i used to panic attack and flip out, i got migranes alot as well. stupid school :angry:

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
School
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2005, 08:03:19 am »
I used to be bullied every day...but recently I have become a bully to bullies...but it was their fault in the first place.
So shame on them for making me inflict misery and pain apon them.

tiggydong

School
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2005, 02:31:14 pm »
in england you can leave school at 16, which is good 'cause after that you get people who actually want to learn rather than all those idiots you get in all the other years.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2005, 03:05:14 pm »
the system
the teachers...

These are all great ideas and I wish my school would follow them. But I will never get a feild trip at my school, because they cut them from the budget. That's another reason why Americas schools suck so bad. You can't teach in a way that's any good without money, and unforitetly most schools don't have the money. If schools had more money, test scores would go up. But under the No Child Left Behind Act, only schools that do good on test scores get money. I spent 6 years at a poor urban school, with outdated text books, no A/C, 5-15 year old computers, and a building unfit for learning.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.