Poll

School

Usefull
20 (80%)
Useless
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: School  (Read 18348 times)

Eva:Gina

School
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2005, 08:32:09 pm »
ummm, ok. im ending htis here. to be goth is to pretty much not be christian.
you cant go "im depressed, and wear long skirts, im goth"
i said boppa goth, i know cool goths, not psydo goths who have no idea what htey are on about..........................................
to be honest, ive never met anyone since ive turned 14 who has said "i am a goth"
ive never met anyone who was so willing to generalise, or compartmentalise themselves like that.
example. evernesance are not goth, they are just buying into hte image.
im not gonna say anything more on this. its jsut a bit too creepy.
[snapback]174052[/snapback]

I give you part, and only part, of that. I don't really 100% label myself Goth, it's more of other people doing that for me, and I don't mind it. Things like that have never bothered me, and if I fit into a label, oh well. Still, there is a lot more to it than you realize. Having a fascination for dark things I have studied the Gothic culture intensely, and when I first started doing so I realized that I really did fit in. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. :happy:

Anyway, back on topic, I think schools could be improved greatly by hiring people who actually have a brain. No offense to anyone, but there are a lot of dummies in the education field. I know there are smart people out there, so forget the piece of paper and hire smart people. When my brother's 10th grade English teacher doesn't know what an adverb is there is something wrong.

Also, I think kids shouldn't get treated as if they are about to do something wrong. Not all kids are going to shoot up a school or do drugs. Don't treat kids like they are prisoners, like I know some schools do. Don't call the cops when a kid brings a GI-Joe gun to school or throws a tantrum.

And no more boring films. Bring in real ones. :tongue:
[snapback]174120[/snapback]
yep, teachers who know less than the students are abound.
my friend was offered a teaching job in his first year of electronic engerneering cos he fixed hte teachers display projects :D

also, alot of teachers hate children. there should be screening for htese types of things. alot of older teachers asre jsut teaching cos it was that or nursing, not cos htey actually care.

Elizabeth Rose

School
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2005, 08:56:33 am »
^Too true. I think one of the pre-requisites for teaching should be that the person actually LIKE kids. My brother is probably ADD, I know some of his teachers barely passed him because they just didn't like him, or any kids for that matter. Some of them were just flat out mean.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
School
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2005, 09:12:54 am »
one of my english teachers gave me an A for a story I wrote...and another who marked the exact same story gave me a D....she doesn't like me.
And I haven't done anything wrong...maybe it's just my physical appearance that gets to her...or my optimem silence... O_O
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2005, 10:30:37 am »
one of my english teachers gave me an A for a story I wrote...and another who marked the exact same story gave me a D....she doesn't like me.
And I haven't done anything wrong...maybe it's just my physical appearance that gets to her...or my optimem silence... O_O
[snapback]174202[/snapback]
Whats your appearance like?
OR
Have the teacher meet face to face and discuss why they gave tthat grade they gave you.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
School
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2005, 11:22:37 am »
i'll have to submit an image of myself sometime...but right now I can't be bothered.
I can't be bothered to talk to her either, no point really....her grade doesn;t go towards my GCSE's...the other GOOD teachers does. XD

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Eva:Gina

School
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2005, 11:27:46 pm »
i'll have to submit an image of myself sometime...but right now I can't be bothered.
I can't be bothered to talk to her either, no point really....her grade doesn;t go towards my GCSE's...the other GOOD teachers does. XD
[snapback]174214[/snapback]
do it!! im so sick of guessing what the girl behind all these crazy/amazing posts looks like!!! :biggrin:

petty teachers suck. its abusing a position of power. its very, very uncool.

Vicky

School
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2005, 01:36:20 pm »
ahhh! i hate pretty teachers!!

my french teacher is really nice and everything, but shes very pretty and the only reason the boys in my class do well, is becuase they all fancy her1 It makes me sick!

Chrono

School
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2005, 01:44:53 pm »
School is useful. You learn there and make friends there. Some stuff in school is a little BS. History. I don't see when I'll be using history...

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2005, 07:42:23 am »
School is useful. You learn there and make friends there. Some stuff in school is a little BS. History. I don't see when I'll be using history...
[snapback]174476[/snapback]
History is useful, to a point but do we really need to know about some guy who want to the great plains, and started a farm? No it's pretty much useless.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
School
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2005, 01:20:57 pm »
School is useful to those who take it seriously...those who mess around do not deserve to go to school if all they think its for is playing games.
Intelligence is lacking in society, but school is that little spark trying to keep us smart...and not dumb idiots we are becomming.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2005, 04:14:00 pm »
School is useful to those who take it seriously...those who mess around do not deserve to go to school if all they think its for is playing games.
Intelligence is lacking in society, but school is that little spark trying to keep us smart...and not dumb idiots we are becomming.
[snapback]175402[/snapback]
You gotta mess around in school enough to where you can still take it seriously. You gotta have fun. Seriousness all the time is boring.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
School
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2005, 11:31:24 pm »
yes, but ever thought of OTHER students around you? the ones who WANT to work?
Think about others before thinking about yourself when sat in the classroom.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2005, 06:45:23 am »
yes, but ever thought of OTHER students around you? the ones who WANT to work?
Think about others before thinking about yourself when sat in the classroom.
[snapback]175597[/snapback]
They do the same thing. They have fun sometimes. It's not all work.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
School
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2005, 09:58:41 am »
thats why i always sit on the front row...all the stupid 'non-working' students sit on the back row...i get all my work done..they do nothing.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
School
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2005, 05:27:14 pm »
thats why i always sit on the front row...all the stupid 'non-working' students sit on the back row...i get all my work done..they do nothing.
[snapback]175964[/snapback]
xD Nerd :P *runs* Jk

But seriously, my point is that you have fun while you still get good grades. Right? I mean, if you dont have fun in school...you shouldnt be there in the first place.