Author Topic: Season 4 isn't bad!  (Read 20477 times)

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Season 4 isn't bad!
« on: May 06, 2005, 06:08:07 pm »
I went to my TV with a feeling of apprehension a half hour ago, thinking that the SpongeBob would be just like many others, hitting its prime early and fading out over the years.  To my surprise, Fear of a Krabby Patty and Shell of a Man were entirely decent!  Looks like SpongeBob will last a while longer if this keeps up.

I don't want to give away the plot, since there are probably one or two people hiding out there who haven't seen it yet, but both episodes retain the sarcastic humor the show is loved for, "hmm, what else is loud and obnoxious...".  The characters, especially Mr. Krabs, are noticably different looking, but you get used to it by the end of the episode.  The music and sound effects are typical loud brassy stuff like Season 3, as opposed to the lighter ones of the earlier episodes.  One disappointing aspect, to me anyway, is that the new episodes center on Mr. Krabs, almost more than on SpongeBob himself.  The old crowdpleasers like Gary, Patrick, and Squidward are nowhere to be seen, not to mention Sandy (who may or may not have been written out of the show).  Actually, for some reason, it feels like the show lost the feeling of innocence it used to have.  Everything from the centering on the oldest main character, to the subtleties of the music distances the new episodes from the lighthearted adventures that SpongeBob used to be...  Nonetheless, the show is still great.

I can't wait til Krabs vs. Plankton and The Lost Mattress air next week.  Same time, same great channel.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 06:16:28 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Kenny Blankenship

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 06:13:56 pm »
You know, at the risk of losing a few "fans" here, but I would disagree.  I thought the episodes were quite a disappointment... they had a few funny parts, but otherwise lacked the magical touch that most of the episodes have... also, I thought the stories were quite lacking, and some of the jokes fell flat.  Not a good way to start off the season...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 06:16:24 pm by Kenny Blankenship »

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 06:20:32 pm »
I missed the first few minutes of the first one, so I just figured that there was a plot that I missed.  If the first few minutes were like the rest of it, then yea, Fear of a Krabby Patty had no plot.  I still think the humor outweighed the storylines, or lack thereof.

One thing I noticed that I didn't mention in the news post was an attempt at plot continuity with the ending of Fear of a Krabby Patty.  24 hour shifts?  That was a one episode deal.  Using it as the excuse for SpongeBob's fear is sort of cheap.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 06:21:27 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Chrono

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 06:27:34 pm »
I went to my T.V seeing that I had either missed it, or couldnt find it. I probably got the wrong time though. I hope everyone enjoyed it. It already sounds great...

MiraclrPlz

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 07:58:07 pm »
Blankenship are you mad?  Those were 2 tremendously great episodes.  I couldn't believe how great the show was.  All those great things like shelless krabs and those krabby patties eating spoingebob of course they had plots!  That's about as much plot as you can cram into 11 min.  Cmonkey, what do you mean.  Squidward was in it.  You musta missed that part.  That thing about the bags under his bags had me rolling in my seat.  how does krabs look different?

super_sayian_spongebob

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 08:42:46 pm »
I only have seen the ending part...sucky me, but it was okay.

timstapels

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 12:54:42 am »
Stupid New Zealand. Stupid no eppisodes for agesness.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 03:34:01 am »
I didn't get to see it. We had our band all-night party, so I was gone from about 8:00 PM to about 6:20 AM. I'll try to catch it at 9:30 AM if I'm not asleep.

Sb129

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 04:58:25 am »
The episode was very good even thoe next week's one will hav Patrick in it! :biggrin:

edso

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 06:40:23 am »
Darn..*snaps fingeras* I was hoping for good episodes.

soccersb

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 07:24:37 am »
I just saw both of those episodes!

The first one is not that bad!It's not as good as season 2-3 but it was still o good eppy.I didn't hear any backround music cmonkey?

The second one was a little disturbing at first but then I got used to it.Thayt one was also a good eppy.

I think I like the Fear of akrabby patty a little better! :biggrin:

Squirrel Goddess

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 09:44:07 am »

Well, I liked them. I laughed harder than I usually do when I watch Spongebob.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 10:39:43 am »
You know, at the risk of losing a few "fans" here, but I would disagree.  I thought the episodes were quite a disappointment... they had a few funny parts, but otherwise lacked the magical touch that most of the episodes have... also, I thought the stories were quite lacking, and some of the jokes fell flat.  Not a good way to start off the season...
[snapback]176689[/snapback]

I agree with you. The new ones have crappy jokes and the humor seems to be dry. I'll admit some of it was funny, but not like when Stephen was in it. I think it'll still go strong, but its not as good....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 10:40:16 am by Isnt Anything »

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 11:38:27 am »
Something just seemed missing. Maybe it was the lack of Patrick, Gary and Sandy. The humor seems more forced than the natural feel of the older seasons. There were a few laughs in the 2 episodes though. The plots could use a bit of work.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

me

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2005, 12:10:53 pm »
the episodes were good but meep was right. when i watched these i didnt have the same feeling. something was missing STILL EXCELLENT EPISODES

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2005, 01:28:07 pm »
I really didnt like 'em. I overall agree with Kenny Blackenship. It had a few good memnets(such as Squid and SpongeBob making fun of Krabs), but overall, a major dispoinbtement. Hopefully, though, it'll get better.

MiraclrPlz

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2005, 01:37:36 pm »
They were astonishing!  What was lacking?  It was all there!  You people jus can't embrace a good thing!

Rabble

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2005, 01:50:28 pm »
Fear of a krabby patty was good.

But the second one...Eh.. It wasn't that great, lacking comedy.

DennisLuvr

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2005, 04:04:15 pm »
I can't wait for next week's. I think the reason I didn't love the new ones was because they were about Mr. Krabs (blah, least favorite character) and because they didn't have Patrick in it. But Lost Mattress looks REALLY funny, and SB as a lawyer will be so flippin' awesome!

Who knew "barnacles" was a wirty durd? he he...

Offline RandomDude18

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2005, 05:21:42 pm »
I didn't like the new season.

dopefish

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2005, 01:28:53 am »
Stupid New Zealand. Stupid no eppisodes for agesness.
[snapback]176818[/snapback]

Hey shut up I live in new zealand (sorry about the off topicness)

back on topic: Is the new season/episodes on nickelodeon? I really wanna see them.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 06:42:55 am »
You know, at the risk of losing a few "fans" here, but I would disagree.  I thought the episodes were quite a disappointment... they had a few funny parts, but otherwise lacked the magical touch that most of the episodes have... also, I thought the stories were quite lacking, and some of the jokes fell flat.  Not a good way to start off the season...
[snapback]176689[/snapback]

I agree with you. The new ones have crappy jokes and the humor seems to be dry. I'll admit some of it was funny, but not like when Stephen was in it. I think it'll still go strong, but its not as good....
[snapback]176949[/snapback]
But you can't expect a really well-thought out eppy for the first airing. I mean, they need time to think of some. Sure, they won't be as funny as season 2 but their good ideas have yet to come out.

foulpattie

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2005, 08:24:52 am »
I missed em'. If i'm home next week i'll watch the new ones.

ti89titanium

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2005, 08:38:22 am »
Something just seemed missing. Maybe it was the lack of Patrick, Gary and Sandy. The humor seems more forced than the natural feel of the older seasons. There were a few laughs in the 2 episodes though. The plots could use a bit of work.
[snapback]176967[/snapback]

actually, they were a little more edgy than other SB episodes but remember: there are 19 more episodes left! Yes, I agree, the plots are a bit bad but the characters don't seem to have the same personalities except Plankton (but he doesn't really have a personality)  :biggrin:

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2005, 05:54:53 pm »
They were good but next week's will be better

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 06:50:33 pm »
::Dolphin Noise:: Canada.

I still haven't seen them.

Starr2k3

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2005, 07:09:53 pm »
I missed it.. I can not believe it. I can't believe I have a life...

I went up north and totally forgot about it. Eh, no big deal.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2005, 07:31:18 pm »
::Dolphin Noise:: Canada.

I still haven't seen them.
[snapback]177407[/snapback]

Woa, a lot of people have been using the filters quite a bit. Lets cool it.

Kenny Blankenship

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 08:07:20 pm »
But you can't expect a really well-thought out eppy for the first airing. I mean, they need time to think of some. Sure, they won't be as funny as season 2 but their good ideas have yet to come out.
[snapback]177213[/snapback]

Let's hope you are right... if the new season continues at this pace, it's not going to be very pretty....

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 08:24:30 pm »
I'm thinking the Krabs vs Plankton eppy will be the best one out of season 4

DennisLuvr

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2005, 05:00:57 am »
I'm thinking the Krabs vs Plankton eppy will be the best one out of season 4
[snapback]177449[/snapback]

I'll agree. Hopefully. For all our sakes.

patricksquarepants

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2005, 11:58:23 am »
Im with Squiddy in Canada there running a bit late, im sure the new episodes are not all that bad :unsure:

GIR

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2005, 02:11:36 pm »
they were above o.k. but not perfect.

Sheldon J. Plankton

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2005, 11:47:17 am »
I was impressed by the new episodes, not tue best, but good.

Sponge Pat

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2005, 05:57:53 pm »
I just saw the new episodes. There not that great.  :sleep:

Plankton freak222

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2005, 10:10:27 pm »
hi

DennisLuvr

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2005, 05:42:11 am »
"The Lost Mattress" and "Krabs vs. Plankton" are the best ones I have seen in a very long time. The first one made me laugh all the way through, bringing back Squidward and throwing in a million zingers and one-liners. The second one not as funny as Mattress but still great. This is the real GREAT new season.

Squirrel Goddess

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2005, 07:58:02 am »

I agree with DennisLuvr. This is a much better season than two and three were.

The matress one was by far the best. I like how thay made the hopspial be like a soap oprea. Was I the only one that caught that?

Sheldon J. Plankton

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2005, 08:14:23 am »
Saw new episodes last night and I'm pretty impressed.

Lost Matress: F-ing hilarious, now part of my top 5 favorites, 10/10
Krabs Vs. Plankton: This one wasn't nearly as good as 'Lost Matress', but it was still very funny (got better towards the end), I'll give it 9/10.

So far, for Season 4 (in my books, anyway), we've got two 10/10's (Fear Of A Krabby Patty/Lost Matress), a 9/10 (Krabs Vs. Plankton), and a 7/10 (Shell Of A Man), we just need a couple more 9/10 or preferably 10/10 episodes and I will officially conclude this season as one of the best ones. If they make less Patchy episodes this one may even pass Season 3 as the 2nd best (I don't think anything can replace what was the best saeson, Season 2), Season 1 is still definitly the worst.

Kenny Blankenship

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2005, 08:18:12 am »
I liked these two new episodes a LOT better than last week's, but I think the show's magic is gone.  Just doesn't seem... right.  And I'm kind of tired of seeing every single plot revolve around Mr. Krabs... a little variety would be nice...

MiraclrPlz

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2005, 08:39:30 am »
I'd give them both 10/10.  They were brilliant.

÷garyrocks÷

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2005, 12:34:37 pm »
hehehehehe..........im new

÷garyrocks÷

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2005, 12:38:27 pm »
heeeelllllloooooooooo........imwierd but i love spongebob!:)

÷garyrocks÷

Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2005, 12:41:15 pm »
N E Boddy ther?

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Season 4 isn't bad!
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2005, 01:23:39 pm »
÷garyrocks÷, please review the rules which are located in "The Pineapple" forum. Multiple posting is against the rules.