Poll

Which of these political stances do you consider yorself to be?

Liberal
11 (37.9%)
Conservative
6 (20.7%)
Moderate
6 (20.7%)
Don't Know
2 (6.9%)
Don't Give A (dolphin noise)
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Your Political Standings  (Read 9559 times)

Starr2k3

Your Political Standings
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2005, 08:33:50 pm »
I am liberal. I can't stand the homosexual and abortion stuff being banned. Maybe some people aren't Christians or Catholics, eh? You should never get a single religon belief shoved down your throat. Since when does the goverment get to choose what normal is? My normal is different than everyone of you. My normal is not wrong, and no one elses normal is wrong. Therefore, don't make a normal for a law. When will the government learn?!

super_sayian_spongebob

Your Political Standings
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 02:29:46 pm »
Moderates are just liberals, because they are ashamed to admit they are liberal.

Michael: Hey Mitchel, are you a Republican or a Democrat?

Mitch: Indep.

Michael: Are you right-wing or left-wing?

Mitch: Middle-wing

Michael: Are you pro-life or pro-choice?

Mitch: pro-choice

See what I mean?  That's a true story BTW.  Liberal has become a dirty word to many people.
[snapback]179255[/snapback]
I'm an Indep. too, and I'm pro-life. So therefore we can be both, you probably made it all up.

patricksquarepants

Your Political Standings
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 03:31:07 pm »
the test i took at school said im 60% liberal, 40% conservative

ti89titanium

Your Political Standings
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 03:39:45 pm »
I be liberal

spongebuddie

Your Political Standings
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 04:05:30 pm »
MSP, shut your frigging face. This isn't a d*mn debate topic. You say what you are, and then you shut up. Understand?
[snapback]179257[/snapback]
this is tha sad thing bout politics
it brings bad things out when they're not really ment
no offence IZ  :biggrin: just making my point  :happy:
the reason for me being "conservitive" is because i think what bush is doing is right except the fact that he's raised gas prices and let opec be our gas trading conmpany that was a bad move anyways yall won't believe what i learned in history that kinda had an impact on my political views
when the republican party started (during the civil war) the south was considered the democrats and well you all know what the south was fighting for yupp if you guessed slavery thats right the democrats at one time supported slavery and now they've changed dramatically because no one nowadays wants slavery so there ya go lol  :happy: i bet yall didn't know that huh? well now you know  :biggrin:
i'm a happy person today lol  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 04:08:07 pm by spongebuddie »

sponge monkey100

Your Political Standings
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 04:58:44 pm »
I don't know

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
Your Political Standings
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 05:11:16 pm »
I am liberal. I can't stand the homosexual and abortion stuff being banned. Maybe some people aren't Christians or Catholics, eh? You should never get a single religon belief shoved down your throat. Since when does the goverment get to choose what normal is? My normal is different than everyone of you. My normal is not wrong, and no one elses normal is wrong. Therefore, don't make a normal for a law. When will the government learn?!
[snapback]179268[/snapback]

You may find this strange coming from a Catholic, but I completely agree. One belief shouldn't be shoved into someone's mind. It isn't only a Christian's world, it's everyone else's who doesn't believe or care as well. What truly happened to the "freedom" of America?

I'm liberal when it really matters. Rarely conservative.

Dragon Of Grief

Your Political Standings
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2005, 05:59:34 pm »
Moderates are just liberals, because they are ashamed to admit they are liberal.

Michael: Hey Mitchel, are you a Republican or a Democrat?

Mitch: Indep.

Michael: Are you right-wing or left-wing?

Mitch: Middle-wing

Michael: Are you pro-life or pro-choice?

Mitch: pro-choice

See what I mean?  That's a true story BTW.  Liberal has become a dirty word to many people.
[snapback]179255[/snapback]
That's idiotic... really. That is the dumbest thing you have ever posted. You really need to open your mind. That is very ignorant.

Elizabeth Rose

Your Political Standings
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2005, 08:14:20 pm »
MSP, shut your frigging face. This isn't a d*mn debate topic. You say what you are, and then you shut up. Understand?
[snapback]179257[/snapback]
this is tha sad thing bout politics
it brings bad things out when they're not really ment
no offence IZ  :biggrin: just making my point  :happy:
the reason for me being "conservitive" is because i think what bush is doing is right except the fact that he's raised gas prices and let opec be our gas trading conmpany that was a bad move anyways yall won't believe what i learned in history that kinda had an impact on my political views
when the republican party started (during the civil war) the south was considered the democrats and well you all know what the south was fighting for yupp if you guessed slavery thats right the democrats at one time supported slavery and now they've changed dramatically because no one nowadays wants slavery so there ya go lol  :happy: i bet yall didn't know that huh? well now you know  :biggrin:
i'm a happy person today lol  :biggrin:
[snapback]179430[/snapback]
I knew that about the parties, but the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery.

spongebuddie

Your Political Standings
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2005, 08:15:47 pm »
yes it did slavery is what started the civil war in the US

Elizabeth Rose

Your Political Standings
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2005, 08:20:30 pm »
yes it did slavery is what started the civil war in the US
[snapback]179591[/snapback]
No, it didn't. Slavery was hardly an issue, since some Northern states had slaves too. The War for Southern Independence (as I like to call it, hehe) began after 35 years of discontentment in Southern states. The North was taxing the dickens out of them and overall not giving them the same benefits of the Northern states. The South wanted to suceede because of unfair treatment, not because the North wanted to take away slavery.

Gee wiz, what do they teach in school?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 08:21:34 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

MiraclrPlz

Your Political Standings
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 05:49:09 am »
The Decline in The Traditional american Family is a foul problem.  The Right-wingers wish to help this

Gideon Brown

Your Political Standings
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2005, 07:29:44 am »
MSP...describe the 'family' to me? Because, as far as I know, polygamy has been around a lot longer than the Liberal government. In fact, it's been around a lot longer than most religions. And for those of you who do not know what polygamy is, it is having either a male, or a female (in rare cases of society where there are less women) taking more than one spouse.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Your Political Standings
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2005, 07:37:23 am »
[snapback]179268[/snapback]

You may find this strange coming from a Catholic, but I completely agree. One belief shouldn't be shoved into someone's mind. It isn't only a Christian's world, it's everyone else's who doesn't believe or care as well. What truly happened to the "freedom" of America?

I'm liberal when it really matters. Rarely conservative.
[snapback]179454[/snapback]
You're not alone, I have to agree with you. I know lots of people who are not Christian, and they wouldn't like it if all of the laws in this country would be changed to meet Christian ideas.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Your Political Standings
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 08:07:48 am »
50% liberal, 50% conservative.