Author Topic: Are you happy or sad with your generation?  (Read 10836 times)

Sheldon J. Plankton

Are you happy or sad with your generation?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 01:47:24 pm »
I'm half and half abot my generation (which is, like as far as I know everyone on this forum, Generation Y), I think it's great that Teen Pregancy and all that are going down, and finally we have a generation that accepts diversity well. However, I am not impressed with the popular music (Rap and Emo, two worst kinds of music ever) and the fact that many do drugs (not as bad as the 60's though).

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 01:51:16 pm »
yes...rap and RnB are horrible music catagorys...yet they are so popular...*shudders*...I hate such music.
Rock, Punk or Dance anyday! :)
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 02:19:05 pm »
I am happy and sad about our generation. We the very first to use the Internet at it's greatest, to use Game Boys, Home video systems, etc. I think we are diversity-loving, peace-loving, and generous generation.

One thing I'm sad about my generation is that we are more immoral, materialistic, and ignorant.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 06:48:23 pm »
We are stubborn by nature, so of coruse we wouldn't amdit to our own mistakes... too much pride.
[snapback]182171[/snapback]

You know whats odd... is Im agreeing with you a lot today. Well some what. I agree that humans have to much pride and we are stuborn creatures (me being a perfect example), but that doesnt always hold us back from admitting our mistakes.

Then again I dont think you were trying to say we are always stuborn and full of pride, but hey Im not in your head.
[snapback]182199[/snapback]
Trust me... not a place you wanna be :ph34r:

But anyways, yeah... it is like pulling teeth to egt me to admit a mistake.

Megan

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2005, 09:55:58 am »
There are some of my peers who I greatly look up to for their service to the world, then there are some that I know that put us to shame. But for the most part, our generation is awesome.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2005, 09:57:36 am »
Right now I live in Redneckville, Kentucky, so obviously my opinion is, um, let's say biased XD I'll wait until I go to Lexington to answer this question B)

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2005, 09:59:58 am »
I guess my generation is pretty cool. I think I'll have to wait until we grow up a bit more, though.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2005, 11:22:16 am »
Right now I live in Redneckville, Kentucky, so obviously my opinion is, um, let's say biased XD I'll wait until I go to Lexington to answer this question B)
[snapback]182727[/snapback]
Once you finally get away from those rednecks, you will miss them, I can almost promise you. I live in town now, and I miss them. Many of them were a lot more courteous than the people here in town.

Anyway, another thing I'd like to add about my generation is that the ones that aren't rude as heck, are so beaten down they can't look you in the eye.

There has to be some positive things about my generation, I guess I'm not a positive bent person.

I might also add the My Generation is an ok song. :P

Offline DarkPatrickStar

• Honorable
  • Krabby Supreme
    • View Profile
    • http://elementalhosting.net
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2005, 01:54:21 pm »
I am discusted with today's youth. They litter so much! Well atleast the people I know. They throw garbage everywhere and have little respect for other living creatures that arent themselvs.

Drugs seem to be another issue. Everyone seems to be doing drugs, but maybe I just hangout with the wrong people. 12-19 yearold children shouldnt be doing drugs or drinking (legal drinking age is 19 in Canada). *Sighs* Then again we are well aware of the side effects, yet some of us still feel the need to do it. If you have issues it does not help to bring drugs or alcohol into the situation. That normally just makes it worse.

As for pregnant teens, that is just wrong in my opinion, since most young girls and boys dont have the metal stability to raise a child. If you honestly think you are ready, there is no stopping you, but I do hope teens put more thought into it when they ingage in sexual activities. They  cant say they dont know the disceases that can be spread, since at school you are informed about these kinds of things.
[snapback]182155[/snapback]

Honestly, it's true, you look around and it seems like 3/4 of the crowd is doing drugs, they are in no WAY good, accept when used for healing and such

Teens getting pregnant? Yeah, people can't even control their hormones anymore, it's not the fact they are having sex, it's more of the fact that they now have to take care of the child and can't let themselves finish learning and growing.

Most adults try to get us not to smoke because either they do, did, or know enough about it to stop you from screwing everything up. I'd really like to live as long as i can, so i can hold off on some bull drugs that supposivly 'take the edge off'

And others, are like me and find other things to do besides trying to be cool and having sex. So half and half, my generation is pretty decent, and the other is pretty disturbing.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 01:55:39 pm by DarkPatrickStar »

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2005, 06:50:46 am »
younger generations of full of stupid, useless and poathetic methods of trying to be 'cool' whereas the older generations are smart and don't care about such things.
As spongebob said: Old people are full of wisdom and experience! ~ Spongebob, Mermaidman & BarnacleBoy[/i]
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2005, 02:32:43 pm »
its ok. so many bad things going on, and we have to go through it all. i really think our generation is a crappy one to grow up in, but in the future i suppose it will be muchh worse
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Patback399

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2005, 05:39:45 pm »
I don't really like my generation. What's up with this "rap" thingy. I think I'm the only Beatles fan in my class. And I'm proud of it.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2005, 05:41:34 pm »
Once you finally get away from those rednecks, you will miss them, I can almost promise you. I live in town now, and I miss them. Many of them were a lot more courteous than the people here in town.

Anyway, another thing I'd like to add about my generation is that the ones that aren't rude as heck, are so beaten down they can't look you in the eye.

There has to be some positive things about my generation, I guess I'm not a positive bent person.

[snapback]182753[/snapback]

When I say rednecks, im really just talking the dumb ones. Most of the "rednecks" here don't even live on a farm or anything, they just talk stupid and act like rednecks because they think it's cool - it's those people I can't stand. You're right, though, most true rednecks are nice people and I will miss a few of them.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2005, 05:50:22 pm »
I bet you I am the only one on this board who listens to Evanescence on a daily basis. No they are not popular but I don't really care.

[snapback]182753[/snapback]

When I say rednecks, im really just talking the dumb ones. Most of the "rednecks" here don't even live on a farm or anything, they just talk stupid and act like rednecks because they think it's cool - it's those people I can't stand. You're right, though, most true rednecks are nice people and I will miss a few of them.
[snapback]185425[/snapback]

I wish that was the case here... we actually have real rednecks here. There is a town too about an hour away that is known and infamous for incest and inbreds... I kid you not.

One reason PA disgusts me.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 05:53:29 pm by Dragon Of Grief »