Author Topic: Are you happy or sad with your generation?  (Read 10810 times)

Offline thedarkonexxx

• Sandy
    • View Profile
Are you happy or sad with your generation?
« on: May 25, 2005, 07:25:16 pm »
How do you feel about your generation?  Are they: spoiled, illiterate, rude, great, caring, etc.  Please try to not use too many oversimplifications.
A thug changes,
A love changes,
And best friends become strangers.  -Nas, The Message

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 07:28:06 pm »
I believe my generation is changing for the good... crime, violence, and pregnancy are way down for young people today :-)

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 07:45:11 pm »
I am discusted with today's youth. They litter so much! Well atleast the people I know. They throw garbage everywhere and have little respect for other living creatures that arent themselvs.

Drugs seem to be another issue. Everyone seems to be doing drugs, but maybe I just hangout with the wrong people. 12-19 yearold children shouldnt be doing drugs or drinking (legal drinking age is 19 in Canada). *Sighs* Then again we are well aware of the side effects, yet some of us still feel the need to do it. If you have issues it does not help to bring drugs or alcohol into the situation. That normally just makes it worse.

As for pregnant teens, that is just wrong in my opinion, since most young girls and boys dont have the metal stability to raise a child. If you honestly think you are ready, there is no stopping you, but I do hope teens put more thought into it when they ingage in sexual activities. They  cant say they dont know the disceases that can be spread, since at school you are informed about these kinds of things.

*Sighs* I am kind of using this as a venting system right now. I had to miss math class (yes I do enjoy math and wanted to learn) to listen to modivational speakers try and convince my school not to have sex at such a young age, drink, or do drugs. I dont see why they bother. We've heard it all before. Why should I miss class just because some others decided to screw up their lives? I know I sound selfish right now but argh I had to walk from an outer building on the North side of the property to the math building which is on the South side, then into the main building. Thats a lot of stairs and my leg is gibbled.  Then my math teacher insisted I sit down on the bench by the door since my leg is sore and I had to listen to one of the speakers babble into my ear none stop so I got my own private lecture. I can understand their attempt and I respect them for it, but Im not the one who needs to hear it.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 07:47:57 pm »
Actually if you look at statistics all of that stuff is going down because we are much more educated today then we were 5 or 10 years ago.

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 07:53:29 pm »
Actually if you look at statistics all of that stuff is going down because we are much more educated today then we were 5 or 10 years ago.
[snapback]182159[/snapback]
True, but I would much rather be in math class then having a discussion about HPV.

Still doesnt change my opinion, Im really disapointed in this genteration. We just seem to abuse the knowledge we gain.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 07:55:23 pm »
THAT my dear is human nature... not necerssarily our generation.

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 08:00:45 pm »
THAT my dear is human nature... not necerssarily our generation.
[snapback]182163[/snapback]

Too true. Even so youd think we would start catching on, or already have but we dont seem to be making a change. The greatest harm can come from the best intentions.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 08:08:10 pm »
We are stubborn by nature, so of coruse we wouldn't amdit to our own mistakes... too much pride.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 08:15:33 pm »
We are stubborn by nature, so of coruse we wouldn't amdit to our own mistakes... too much pride.
[snapback]182171[/snapback]
I'll admit to some of my mistakes in public.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 08:17:40 pm »
I don't like them for many reasons. Too immoral in many ways, and are ignorant beyond belief are a few. I don't really think about it a lot.

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 09:27:49 pm »
[snapback]182171[/snapback]

You know whats odd... is Im agreeing with you a lot today. Well some what. I agree that humans have to much pride and we are stuborn creatures (me being a perfect example), but that doesnt always hold us back from admitting our mistakes.

Then again I dont think you were trying to say we are always stuborn and full of pride, but hey Im not in your head.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 09:28:27 pm by oscar_the_grouch »

timstapels

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 10:15:41 pm »
Our generation really is lacking in the respect department - so many people thinking they're better by clothes, hair, makeup etc....

Of course, personality overides any of that useless stuff.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 11:47:40 pm »
I saw this topic was comming, so I came prepared.

Our generation officialy sucks, it has sprung down the road to stupidity, crime, violence, homocide, genocide, drugs, sex and furthermore lack of disciplin (sp?).
And it seems each new generation is worse than the last, I beleive the human gene pool has become contaminated to point of which it cannot be treated.
So, yea...basicly I thing this generation is awful.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 01:14:40 pm »
I saw this topic was comming, so I came prepared.

Our generation officialy sucks, it has sprung down the road to stupidity, crime, violence, homocide, genocide, drugs, sex and furthermore lack of disciplin (sp?).
And it seems each new generation is worse than the last, I beleive the human gene pool has become contaminated to point of which it cannot be treated.
So, yea...basicly I thing this generation is awful.
[snapback]182218[/snapback]

But, thats basically every generation, period. Even in the 1800's all that existed, so it doesnt reallt make any sense to say that about this generation because thats every generation.

Do I like this generation? I dont despise it. I do think Sarah is right about one thing though, this generation is more stupid than the last. I mean, C'mon! More people voted in American Idol than last years election?

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 01:39:02 pm »
Good point about the american idol thing...Anyone in the UK seen that 'crazy frog' thing on TV?
People are SO dumb if they buy that thing...and sadly...almost everyone does. (I haven't...)
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.