Author Topic: Laura Bush and reading.  (Read 4694 times)

Jackie-Boy

Laura Bush and reading.
« on: May 26, 2005, 03:35:56 pm »
Don't you get tired of Laura Bush  trying to get children to read, or reading to children, or teaching children to read, or reading to children about learning, or whatever? I mean, what is it with the Bush women? George's mother was into the same crap. They shouldn't be encouraging kids to read; they should be encouraging children to QUESTION what they read. Content is more important than the mere act of sitting with your mom and dragging your eyes across text.

I also noticed that the reading thing didn't work when Barbara tried it on George. Thank you.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 04:06:17 pm »
Getting children to read is very important. While you may be tired of it, it needs to happen anyways. It won't go away just because she passes away someday.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 04:38:23 pm »
Well, I'm pretty sure most children know how to read, anyways. I don't care what she does, really. She's just the first lady. I'd be content if she just stuck to making fun of her husband.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 04:45:19 pm »
Don't you get tired of Laura Bush  trying to get children to read, or reading to children, or teaching children to read, or reading to children about learning, or whatever? I mean, what is it with the Bush women? George's mother was into the same crap. They shouldn't be encouraging kids to read; they should be encouraging children to QUESTION what they read. Content is more important than the mere act of sitting with your mom and dragging your eyes across text.

I also noticed that the reading thing didn't work when Barbara tried it on George. Thank you.
[snapback]182342[/snapback]

Maybe she should get her husband to learn how to read first. :wink1:

Gideon Brown

Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 04:48:39 pm »
Reading is important. My town did a study. My old high school, which is very strict about teaching children properly went up 30% in kids being able to read. From 63% to 93%. Whereas, the laid back school, where you can get a passing grade just by attending class every few days went from 73% all the way down to 34%. Now tell me.....what's happening to the kids these days?!?!?!

Jackie-Boy

Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 05:44:32 pm »
Reading is important. Thinking is more important.

Think about it.

Dragon Of Grief

Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 05:59:27 pm »
I think it is great how she is getting children to read... kids need a nationally recognized figure to motivate them.

Sheldon J. Plankton

Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 02:12:07 pm »
[snapback]182407[/snapback]

HA HA HA! IZ that may be the greatest quote of all time. True to, and yes, I am sick of all this Laura Bush reading stuff. She gets on my nerves so much, much more this reading stuff.

Jackie-Boy

Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 12:09:31 pm »
Don't you get tired of Laura Bush  trying to get children to read, or reading to children, or teaching children to read, or reading to children about learning, or whatever? I mean, what is it with the Bush women? George's mother was into the same crap. They shouldn't be encouraging kids to read; they should be encouraging children to QUESTION what they read. Content is more important than the mere act of sitting with your mom and dragging your eyes across text.

[snapback]182342[/snapback]

[snapback]182407[/snapback]

Nice job stealing my joke, IZiot.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 12:26:04 pm »
Bah, I didn't even notice you posted that.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 06:01:48 pm »
I think it is great how she is getting children to read... kids need a nationally recognized figure to motivate them.
[snapback]182494[/snapback]
Why not have celebertys motivate them not some old lady? As long as it's not someone like Eminem. It's ok, to have celebertys support them.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Dragon Of Grief

Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 06:49:55 pm »
Why not have celebertys motivate them not some old lady? As long as it's not someone like Eminem. It's ok, to have celebertys support them.
[snapback]183570[/snapback]
If you are talking people like Paris Hilton, and Britney Spears I doubt they can even read at a first grade level for one.

And what difference does it make wether it is an old lady or some dolled up, overrated, pop-idol superstar?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 06:50:44 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 06:52:30 pm »
[snapback]183570[/snapback]
If you are talking people like Paris Hilton, and Britney Spears I doubt they can even read at a first grade level for one.

And what difference does it make wether it is an old lady or some dolled up, overrated, pop-idol superstar?
[snapback]183610[/snapback]
Kids seem to listen to superstars better than some old lady. But I agree if it where someone dumb like Paris or Britney they are too stupid to be able to read anything but the simplest book.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Dragon Of Grief

Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 06:57:12 pm »
Well, parents might go for Laura wereas kids would probably go for some kind of pop-celeb.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Laura Bush and reading.
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 02:38:13 pm »
laura bush is just as stupid as her husband. maybe she should teach him how to first, so he wont have to say, today uhhhhhhhhhhhhh were going to uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............

lol! me and my brother watched his press confrence today and we counted how many times he went and uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and the total number of times was

145 times in 22 minutes!lmao. it was so fun watchin him do it! lol uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty