Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 29144 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Smoking
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2005, 08:45:16 pm »
In Ohio they're trying to make smokeing inside indoor public places illegal. I hope it passes that way I can go places and not have to put up with smoke. And at my local amusment park smoking has been made against rules expect in certin areas.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Eva:Gina

Smoking
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2005, 08:56:07 pm »
its great!! especially cos i waitress :D
and cos ive quit (yes, over a year, after ten years of smoking!!!) im utra sensitive to it now and it makes me feel sick

Sheldon J. Plankton

Smoking
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2005, 04:11:51 am »
Jersey's working on a law to ban smoking indoors (finally!), that rules, I already know New York and California already have laws like that. Most reaturants here don't even have smoking sections anyway besides bars, nothing to bother my nose while I'm enjoying a good dining expieience anymore  :biggrin: !

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Smoking
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2005, 06:11:42 am »
and cos ive quit (yes, over a year, after ten years of smoking!!!) im utra sensitive to it now and it makes me feel sick
[snapback]183747[/snapback]
Whoa. You smoked at 10 or 11? That's not good for your age. But I'm glad you quit.

As for smokers, if I have to breathe that smoke one more time as I do a "carry-out" at work, I'm going to grab their cigarette and shove it in their mouth.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Smoking
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2005, 06:57:20 am »
Smoking is wrong.
It harms not only you but others around you.

If people smoke, let them die...they deserve it.
Save those who don't want to smoke!
Leave those who want to smoke to die!
Yay.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Smoking
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2005, 11:51:55 am »
I tried a cigarettes once, took one puff, and hated it. Decided after that I'd never smoke again. The only reason I tried it is to see what it's like. You got to remember 50 years ago people didn't even know it was bad for you to smoke. The tobacco companys knew it was bad for you. But kept it a secret, becaue they didn't want to lose their money.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 11:52:52 am by Rocko »

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

timstapels

Smoking
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2005, 12:40:10 pm »
in new zealand its ilegal to smoke in indoor public places.
its great!! you go out clubbing,a dn you dont make yourself sick from the smell of you clothes and hair!! :D
[snapback]183729[/snapback]
It really is awesome!
They should have done it ages go though, only last year it was......

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Smoking
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2005, 03:22:34 pm »
I wish I could either live in New Zealand, Australia or the USA. :cries:
The United Kingdom sucks...NEVER EVER EVER come here...unless you want to feel bad.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Smoking
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2005, 11:23:43 pm »
[snapback]183747[/snapback]
Whoa. You smoked at 10 or 11? That's not good for your age. But I'm glad you quit.

As for smokers, if I have to breathe that smoke one more time as I do a "carry-out" at work, I'm going to grab their cigarette and shove it in their mouth.
[snapback]183835[/snapback]
yep, started at 10. i was the "bad gir" of all my firends. i wasnt chainsmoking till i was 15 tho, before then i was just being a poser :biggrin:

SARAH!! you could come live here, get a visa and come work in our smokefree bars for a holiday :happy:

they are thinking about doing hte whole smokefree indoors thing in ireland, but seeing as some huge percent (i forget how much, but over 1/2 i think) smoke, its probably not gonna go through.

and nz might be making it illigal to smoke indoors at any function, including private parties on private property. which is jsut stupid :angry:

timstapels

Smoking
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2005, 12:40:58 am »
and nz might be making it illigal to smoke indoors at any function, including private parties on private property. which is jsut stupid :angry:
[snapback]184224[/snapback]
Didn't know about that, but that really is silly  :dry:

Smoking
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2005, 01:05:06 am »
its quite new, we were told about it in health hte other day. im not sure if its officially been put forward yet, i doubt it would ever go through, you house is your castle, as they say

Vicky

Smoking
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2005, 10:25:37 am »
Smoking kills, full stop.

If you want to buy a product that says that you will die on the box, feel free. But, please dont breathe your crap in my face. I think, I've had enough of people doing that, at the bus stop/train station

Smoking
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2005, 10:31:14 pm »
im against smoking, so dont jsut down my throat
but i was talking to a nurse, who is also a uni lecturer, and she said that she really isnt that into the whole "live well and line long" thing
she has nursed people who are dying horrific deaths, and they have been as healthy as healthy can be, and some people dirnk/ smoke/ eat to much etc, and are fit as a fiddle into their 90's

Sheldon J. Plankton

Smoking
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2005, 07:16:03 am »
I tried a cigarettes once, took one puff, and hated it. Decided after that I'd never smoke again. The only reason I tried it is to see what it's like. You got to remember 50 years ago people didn't even know it was bad for you to smoke. The tobacco companys knew it was bad for you. But kept it a secret, becaue they didn't want to lose their money.
[snapback]183974[/snapback]

From what I understand, they raised ciggarette prices for that reason, and becuase it's in less demand now too.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Smoking
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2005, 02:25:51 pm »
personally i would never smoke. its disgusting and it does more harm than good
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002