Author Topic: Review of Employee of thr Month  (Read 3942 times)

Banana

Review of Employee of thr Month
« on: May 28, 2005, 10:38:24 am »
Since I've played it before, I felt I should give it a review...

However you look at it, Adventure Games are just plain fun.  From text-based games to full-fledged pint and click, you can't go wrong.  So if Spongebob decides to become an adventure game, that makes it only better, right?  Well, let's see...

Plot
"Spongebob has become Employee of the Month (Again)!  As a reward, he gets two free tickets to some theme park with a name I can't really think of.  Spongebob decides to take Patrick with him, and the two are ready for a funtastic adventure!  What could go wrong?"
It's a good plot, but nothing stunning.  Still, it works.

Graphics and Sound
This is a high point of the game.  The graphics are very good, Nintendo 64 type.  They have a good Spongebob feel.  Same goes for the music.  Some of it is taken directly from the show!

Gameplay
The gameplay is similar to Escape from Monkey Island.  You walk around Bikini Bottom (and some other places, such as Rock Bottom) doing a whole bunch of random tasks in order to get the amusement park.  When you go up to a fish, you can talk to them, and there are multiple different things to say. This game was obviously designed for Spongebob's younger fans. There isn't much of a challenge, and the tasks one must do are very simple, usually pretty repetitive.  Although it's fun, older fans will be left yearning for something a bit more difficult.

Controls
Nothing special.  Up is up, Down is down, etc.  

Overall
Although it has top notch graphics and sound, it can be finished it about half an hour.  Still, don't let that mislead you.  It's a fun game however you look at it, but nothing special.
Rating
3.5 out of 5  

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Review of Employee of thr Month
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 11:36:59 am »
Send it to Cmonkey. He wants all reviews emailed to him, so they can be added to the Video games section on the main page. He also wants it in the particicualr format.