Author Topic: Kirby!  (Read 3934 times)

Banana

Kirby!
« on: May 29, 2005, 05:41:04 pm »
I admit to being a major fan.  I'm sorry, but I just love these games.  The idea of swallowing enemies and getting their powers is so demented, yet so good.  And plus Kirby is SOOOOOOOOO cute!!! ^____________________^

Oh yeah, and the anime is good to, but only the orignal, not the crappy dub.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Kirby!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 07:56:51 pm »
Kirby's Superstar and Kirby's Dream Course are the best Kirby games EVER.

timstapels

Kirby!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 12:52:01 am »
I've played a Kirby before (can't remember which one) but I didn't really like it, sorry :tongue:

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Kirby!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 05:32:36 am »
Then you haven't played Kirby SuperStar....It's definently in the top 10 for super nintendo games...

Although GameCube Kirby games haven't been all that good, I still like to play Kirby AirRide a bit every now and then. Pretty Enjoyable game with lots of hidden stuff.

My bro just recently bought Kirby and the Amazing Mirror for Game Boy advance, and I have to admit that it's pretty decent. And for once, you don't get a final boss that you can beat in one life...Will probably take 2-3 just because you have to face him 4 times in a row

Banana

Kirby!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 06:57:45 am »
The final boss isn't Dark Mind...it's a giant flaming eyeball (LotR ripoff?), and isn't incredibly difficult to beat.

Oh yeah, Kirby's Dreamcourse is, like, IMPOSSIBLE.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Kirby!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 08:22:19 am »
The flaming eyeball is just a transformed DarkMind, so the new Kirby Shows say. I don't watch the TV show myself, but I saw the preview for a new season, and it was advertized on my RSS feed as containing everything from 'Kirby and the amazing mirror' and it talked about kirby fighting a transformed dark mind that looked like an eyeball.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Kirby!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 07:41:16 pm »
Isnt kirby a vaccum cleaner brand???
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

timstapels

Kirby!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 07:47:04 pm »
Everything's a Vaccm cleaner brand nowadays.

Banana

Kirby!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 08:10:24 pm »
[snapback]186684[/snapback]

Yeah, but the creator of the Kirby games said it was a coincidence.

BUT DO WE BELIEVE HIM????

timstapels

Kirby!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 08:13:06 pm »
[snapback]186684[/snapback]

Yeah, but the creator of the Kirby games said it was a coincidence.

BUT DO WE BELIEVE HIM????
[snapback]186721[/snapback]
Dun dun dun.....

:laugh:

Rabble

Kirby!
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 03:22:40 pm »
I've never played a kirby game except kirby Superstar, Cause its one of my favorite snes games.

timstapels

Kirby!
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 05:16:27 pm »
I've never played a kirby game except kirby Superstar, Cause its one of my favorite snes games.
[snapback]187115[/snapback]
And that's saying alot.  :happy:

Patback399

Kirby!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2005, 05:22:43 pm »
I had Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble. That was the most unique game I ever owned.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
Kirby!
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005, 06:09:04 pm »
That was for GBA, right?

Yes...thats what gets me mad...when they try and do a list of all of the top old-school games...they never include kirby near the top...always around 60-70 out of 100...SuperStar is, by my opinion, one of the top 10 snes games of all time. It played well, it kept your attention, and was slightly challenging to beat it completely. Why is this always overlooked?....is it because Kirby is stereotyped as a little kid's game?...I know my little bro still can't beat the boss endurance battle in superstar at all...he gets to like the 9th boss...

Banana

Kirby!
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005, 06:38:13 pm »
No, Tilt and Tumble was for GBC, and is rather underrated in my opinion.

I liked The Great Cave Offensive on Superstar.  It was probably one of the hardest challenges EVER in a Kirby game.  Many of the games are designed to be rather simple and user-friendly, but this one really made ya think.