Author Topic: Do Animals Have Souls or Not?  (Read 15535 times)

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
Do Animals Have Souls or Not?
« on: May 31, 2005, 09:14:42 pm »
That question has always lingered around in my mind, but I've never gotten a straight answer from anyone. I believe they do, of course. People that don't usually say the only purpose they have on this earth is to be eaten. I think that's complete bull. Animals have saved lives and are awesome companions for everyone. I think that they truly deserve a reward for those reasons, and I don't mean just a bone or a lot of treats or something. A reserved spot for them in Heaven would be nice.

Of course, that could just go along with the topic about Heaven, and what you think it is. Maybe you're long lost pets will be there when you die, since that's one thing you want. I'm not sure, but I still support the idea. I sure don't want to believe that the animals that I've loved didn't waste their time on Earth to be thrown into oblivion. There's got to be something more to their life.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 09:19:55 pm »
I don't believe in souls period.

Sb129

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 09:25:06 pm »
I think they do.

Offline partiallynothing

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://stripslashes.net/
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 09:30:33 pm »
I am not sure; I am generally consumed by a lack of religiouse beliefs, but sometimes I would like for it to be true.  Truthfully though, I do not believe in souls.

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 09:35:41 pm »
I always thought souls were just your personality. Animals have personalities, so I guess they have souls.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 12:58:29 am »
I always thought souls were just your personality. Animals have personalities, so I guess they have souls.
[snapback]185148[/snapback]
yeah, indeed

its like, the essence that gives people, and animals their spirit.

you know dumb chiuauas?? how they have that blank stupid look?? no soul there

i know people who are exactly hte same, no soul there, either :biggrin:

animals are generally more deserving of souls than humans.

did you see that think about some lowlife criminal ::Dolphin Noise::, who i hope dies slowly and painfully, pouring GLUE onto kittens and setting them on FIRE!!!

on that note, i might be getting a bunny :wub:

williambob286

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 01:28:47 am »
my dad says only human beings have. i dunno if they have or not so it is a mystery to humans.

timstapels

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 01:32:43 am »
I don't believe in souls but as Oscar said, they have personalities which I huess is the equivilent of a soul.

did you see that think about some lowlife criminal ::Dolphin Noise::, who i hope dies slowly and painfully, pouring GLUE onto kittens and setting them on FIRE!!!
I NEVER HEARD ABOUT THAT!

That is outrageous, what a sick :Dolphin Noise:.
Argh, how could you do that to an animail...how could you even comprehend deciding that they're going to burn kittens today!
Wow....that is just......Argh!

Eva:Gina

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 02:33:47 am »
ok, i have the article.

two men in huntly wre charged with trapping wild cats in cages, pouring glue on them and setting them on fire

they ill get a MAXIMUM sentance of one year in prison and $50,000 fine.

MAXIMUM, it should be the minimum. its like setting fire to children or the handicapped or elderly. alot of animals cant fight back cos they get put in positions where they are impared (caged, tied up etc)

i saw an ad for rspca from england, and it showed this dog who had been beaten over the head with a spade. its eye was hanging out and its jaw was shattered, and the poor thing was still alive :(

at least we know that if there IS a ::Dolphin Noise::, these people will be going to it

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 04:05:22 am »
I do not have any form of religious worship...therefor I do not beleive in souls.

(on the topic of animal cruelty: has anyone seen the documentary on the wild bears that where driven mad by being forced to perform infront of tourists in iraq? How sickening some people are.)
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 07:41:50 am »
Many aboriginal religions (Native American) gave the animals spirits (hence why they had totems, and totem spirits). I believe most animals have 'spirits', and some are highly intelligent. (Whales have been known to bring lost humans, not only to land, but to the place they wanted to BE.) I have more respect for animals than humans. Y'all should read Animal Farm.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 11:34:55 am »
I have more respect for animals than humans...as I always say: I won't have a human child, but will not hesitate to adopt an abandoned animal infant.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Sheldon J. Plankton

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 12:39:14 pm »
All living things are alive, therefore animals have souls, or some other sort of thing if you are non-religious. They have feelings too, it's been proven.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 03:46:52 pm »
i think theydefinetly have soulds. its like God sent an angel down for every animal(if u believe in God) and each angel has a mission, to make thier owner happy, and some of the angels know that something bad is gonna happen to their owners, so they save them

i have a true story to tell about a cat that i know that saved someones life

the next door neighbors to my grandparents had a cat. then they got a pug. once they got the pug, they made the cat live outside and they wouldnt feed it. a few months later they moved away, and the children and adults didnt take one look back at the cat. so then it got skinier and skinnier by the day. it slept on my Nanas wall that she has around a part of her house. u can see the wall from her bathroom. so anyways, i saw how tired, huingrey, and thirstey it looked, so i went outside and tried to feed it. it ran off. the next day i did the same thing. i called the kitty over  andit came to me. i petted her and gave her some food. she gulped it down and asked for more. i gave her some water and she drank like half the bowle. i fed her each day, and then started to play and pet her. winter was coming, and it was the end of fall. it was already cold here. i needed to find a home for it. well a few days later, i went with my Nana to the hair salon. her hair dressers cat just died, and he wanted to get another. i told him about the cat, and i showed him a pic. he said hed take it. a few days later we brought the cat to him.  the cat loved him. then he moved, and the cat thought tht steven was abandoning him, but once he saw that steven the hairdresser was taking the kitty with him, the cat was happy. he moved into a new house. a few weeks later steven put a candle in the bathroom, and shut the door, forgeting it was in there. steven had all the lights out and was writing a letter with one light on, a desk lamp. well smoke was drifting over is head and he couldnt see or smell it. the cat started running up and down the bed, messing up his papers on his desk. finally the cat went to the bathroom door and started punching it with its paws. finally steven got up and opened the bathroom door. the whole bathroom was on fire! he took cally and his chuwawa who did nothing to alert him of this out side. he called the firefighters, and they said to him after they put the fire out, that if he had fallen asleep like he was just about to, that the house would have been gone in the next few minutes and that he would be dead. the fire fighter never heard of a cat that alerted people of a fire and was shocked

im glad i found a home for this cat, i really felt like i saved  2 lives. this is a true story, and i know that animals are our gaurdian angels

wow, that was a long post!!!!
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 05:26:03 pm »
I believe any living breathing thing has a soul. Why wouldn't they? If you say animals don't have souls, then neither do we because yes believe it or not WE are animals.