Author Topic: Racial Profiling  (Read 13083 times)

Elizabeth Rose

Racial Profiling
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2005, 06:08:31 am »
Alright...

Racial profiling is sick and wrong and it does NOT work. First off the fact that you search maybe only 1 out of 50 guys lets 49 guys get away, and how do you know the guy you didn't search has weapons, and plus it's just a racist thing to do, also, just because someone is not of Middle Eastern descent doesn't mean they aren't Muslim, look at all the Muslim blacks, and people convert religions, and heck, what if a person wants to bomb something cause' they don't like it and they've got mental issues, NOT because they are Muslim, in fact, that person could come across like your average everyday middle of the road white guy. Thats why racial profiling doesn't work, and it's just wrong.
[snapback]223397[/snapback]
But it's not just any Muslims, it's Arabic Muslims. They would be checking every Arab and it would work.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Racial Profiling
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2005, 07:41:16 am »
Yea Christianity and Judaism are related cuz they share sum beliefz...Before Christ there were the followers of God which waz Judaism...Christianity spawned after Christ died and roze again...Christianity teachez that Jesus died for the sinz of man and through Him they can be saved...Sum followerz of the Judaist faith didnt believe that and stuck to their old traditionz...Thatz where Christianz and Jewz differ.  But they both believe in the old testament and are linked to each other.

Islam on the other hand, doeznt share similar teachingz and disagreez which both the Christian and Jewish faith.  So if it iz "from the same tree"...it fell far from the other two.
[snapback]220187[/snapback]

Christianity, Islam and Judiasm all believe in the same God, the only difference is who they claim is the messiah.

jojobird

Racial Profiling
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2005, 01:09:28 pm »
Yea Christianity and Judaism are related cuz they share sum beliefz...Before Christ there were the followers of God which waz Judaism...Christianity spawned after Christ died and roze again...Christianity teachez that Jesus died for the sinz of man and through Him they can be saved...Sum followerz of the Judaist faith didnt believe that and stuck to their old traditionz...Thatz where Christianz and Jewz differ.  But they both believe in the old testament and are linked to each other.

Islam on the other hand, doeznt share similar teachingz and disagreez which both the Christian and Jewish faith.  So if it iz "from the same tree"...it fell far from the other two.
[snapback]220187[/snapback]
I think you're right.

Sheldon J. Plankton

Racial Profiling
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2005, 08:04:06 am »
To add to MSP's whole "Christianity and Islam are not related" bull, you release "Alah" is Arabic or something for "God"

lil`Sara

Racial Profiling
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2005, 09:22:19 am »
I believe Racial Profiling is wrong. I think making authorities search every muslim/arabic person, because a group of muslim/arabic people decided that all of their problems were because of America, is wrong. It sucks to get judged by your race, and that's something I would know.
I wanted to say something in regards to Dragon Of Grief's comment.

Racial Profiling is a way of life... yes it is mean... but be real for a second. When the government is looking for illegal immigrant who are often the suspects? Mexicans of course. Why? Because THEY are the majority of illegal immigrants in America. Unfortunately most of the terrorists HAVE been Islamic. It may sound mean but it is more common sense then anything. When you think of gangs what race do you think of? Black people of course. Mafia? The Italians. When you think of trailers what race do you affiliate with living in them? White people. Racial profiling is based on standard facts and evidence... I mean come on. What are the chances a 90 year old white lady is a terrorist?

Racism and racial profiling are different. Racism are unbased biases and judgements, whereas racial profiling are fact based evidence that a certain group of people behave and live a certain way. It is unfair but without it how would we catch all of these criminals, and terrorists? it would be just a wild man hunt. Racial profiling is unfortunate but necessary.

Oh yeah, and there is nothing wrong with gays! I myself am not gay, but there is nothing wrong with them.
[snapback]219811[/snapback]
This has NOTHING to do with homosexuality... in fact, you are letting your personal feelings get in the way... I suggest you either grow up or leave this thread immediatly. You're whining is getting quite irritating. And by saying there is as much of a chance someone else would have a bomb, you are saying that there is the same chance an Islamic terrorist and a elderly, crippled women would have a bomb.

Interesting theory there :rolleyes:
[snapback]219825[/snapback]
First, racial profiling is "the consideration of race when developing a profile of suspected criminals; by extension, a form of racism involving police focus on people of certain racial groups when seeking suspected criminals" They are not "facts"
Second, i think a better word for what you described as 'racial profiling' in your first paragraph would be 'stereotypes' because they sound more like stereotypes than racial profiling to me.
Thirdly, it was MSP that said something about homosexuality in the first post...
You let gays run around it parades wearining tight leather pants and slapping themselves.  But ya had to tolerate it cuz ya didnt wanna be judgemennnntal.
[snapback]218075[/snapback]
...and I think UltraSpongeyDude was refering to that, instead of letting his personal feelings get in the way.