Author Topic: Always read the book before seeing the movie..  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Always read the book before seeing the movie..
« on: June 03, 2005, 02:54:18 pm »
I'm currently reading Angleas Ashes. Its pretty good. What are you guys reading? What is it about? Any recommendations?

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 03:16:34 pm »
I am reading Wuthering Heights, The Vicar of Wakefield, and an Ann Coulter book. If you like somewhat morbid stories, then you will like Wuthering Heights. The Vicar of Wakefield is set up like a biography, and is very interesting so far. I doubt anyone here cares for Ann Coulter. :P

Chrono

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 03:28:54 pm »
I'm reading "The Big Bad Wolf". Lots of swearing...lots of crime...lots of words...

Eva:Gina

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 04:42:52 pm »
virgins of venice, about nuns in italy in the 16/1700's

umm, yeah, one flew over the cukoos nest is a good "book to movie" they did a good job

but most things suck

as is, white oleander, made me SO ANGRY

and the shipping news just didnt pull it off somhow, no matter how much i love kevin spacey

Banana

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 05:05:10 pm »
Currently reading The Resteraunt at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams.  Amazing book.

timstapels

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 06:03:25 pm »
I've just started reading Harry Potter and the philosiphers stone (not sorcer's stone, ::Dolphin Noise:: it!). I'm getting ready for the release of wait for it.....Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince!
I should be ablse to read all 5 by mid-july...imfact, I'll definately be able to, started to early...oh well.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 06:31:51 am »
Ah, my sister's reading Angela's Ashes, too.
Anyway, the last novel I read was A Prayer For Owen Meany, it's the book the movie Simon Birch is based off of

Gideon Brown

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 06:37:19 am »
I can't do that. I have to watch the movie first, otherwise I get angry. For instance: Queen of the Vampires. I hated hated hated it because it did not follow the book at all. This way, if I watch the movie first, I have nothing to base it on.
I've read most of Stephen King's stuff, so most of the movies I hate, although I watched Green Mile before reading it, and I LOVE that movie.
I'm currently reading A Clockwork Orange, and the Road to McCarthy's.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 06:46:31 am »
I'm reading "Rotten" by John Lydon. That's Johnny Rotten from the Sex Pistols. Punk culture just really seems to interest me, I guess that's why I got the book.