1 (1.2%)
America Online
1 (1.2%)
Opera
2 (2.5%)
Other.
5 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: The Browser Wars  (Read 103072 times)

SpongeBobAndyZX14

The Browser Wars
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 02:26:55 pm »
Firefox pwnz.

timstapels

The Browser Wars
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 02:31:47 pm »
I don't see why Opera actually charge to get the best version, it's stupid :tongue:
It would be hilarious if someone voted for Real Player :laugh:

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
The Browser Wars
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 07:59:05 am »
lol...*person above gets their wish*

just gonna pick the real media one because the .rm format is the best video format in exsistence. It's compression is unline any i have ever seen, and its quality is above midrange.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 07:59:40 am by +_VulturEMaN_ »

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
The Browser Wars
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2005, 01:40:34 pm »
I chose Firefox, I sure do hope no one choses AOL as their favorite browser! I use Firefox, becuase it's fast and is  compatable with allot of sites. IE is only compatable if they use non standard code.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Chrono

The Browser Wars
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2005, 04:02:00 pm »
...Whoops. I guess I should have said overrated or something like that. Everybody thinks it's so much better than IE but it really isn't all that jazz. Overused? I think a lot of people use Firefox but not as much as IE.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
The Browser Wars
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2005, 04:44:37 pm »
Go IE! Firefox is overused...
[snapback]188190[/snapback]
Not really, IE is the one overused.
[snapback]188219[/snapback]
That's your opinion and his too.

I choose IE. I've got a lot more errors & spyware with firefox so I un-installed it for good. I will use IE forever.
[snapback]188249[/snapback]
Are you sure thats a true fact???

If not prove it

Here is an idea Use IE for a week and do your normal website browsing and then check how much spyware ya got.

Then use firefox for a week still do your normal browsing and then check how much spyware ya got.

Acctually prove it with images!!!

Seriously dude this is a false fact! Now if it was an opinion i wouldnt object to what you say.
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
The Browser Wars
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2005, 08:14:23 pm »

If not prove it

Here is an idea Use IE for a week and do your normal website browsing and then check how much spyware ya got.

Then use firefox for a week still do your normal browsing and then check how much spyware ya got.

Seriously dude this is a false fact! Now if it was an opinion i wouldnt object to what you say.
[snapback]188965[/snapback]
You really are brain dead.

Nothing you can ever do will make me switch back to firefox. I hate it. It gave me more errors than I ever had with IE. IE never reset my bookmarks but firefox did. Firefox is overrated.

timstapels

The Browser Wars
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2005, 09:53:21 pm »
...Whoops. I guess I should have said overrated or something like that. Everybody thinks it's so much better than IE but it really isn't all that jazz. Overused? I think a lot of people use Firefox but not as much as IE.
[snapback]188942[/snapback]
Chrono, why don't you tell us why you like IE better than FF instead of saying it's overrated.

Chrono

The Browser Wars
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2005, 01:28:48 pm »
[snapback]188942[/snapback]
Chrono, why don't you tell us why you like IE better than FF instead of saying it's overrated.
[snapback]189090[/snapback]
It's mostly my computer but some of it's Firefox. First of all, they sometimes don't show the Alt characters and it's really annoying. Second, it was slower (on my computer). Third of all, they have the toolbar. I hate toolbars. Other stuff? Nothing else, I've never used it long enough to have it get errors.

timstapels

The Browser Wars
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 01:41:02 pm »
:laugh: Ahh Chrono...and his poor poor computer, looks like it's your computer's fault apart from the "toolbar" which I don't know what it is.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
The Browser Wars
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2005, 07:31:20 pm »
Firefox. IE isn't even a safe browser. You can get spyware from almost any site on IE.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
The Browser Wars
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2005, 03:40:47 pm »

If not prove it

[snapback]188965[/snapback]
You really are brain dead.

Nothing you can ever do will make me switch back to firefox. I hate it. It gave me more errors than I ever had with IE. IE never reset my bookmarks but firefox did. Firefox is overrated.
[snapback]189037[/snapback]

Brain dead? LOL! I laugh at your stupididy. Your just jealous that i Know more about computers then you. When you say it resets your bookmarks. you are obviosly doing something wrong. You also say that firefox gives you more spyware, here is what you said
I choose IE. I've got a lot more errors & spyware with firefox so I un-installed it for good. I will use IE forever.
WRONG!!! IE has major exploits. Even after they release IE7 it still will be loaded with exploits. But even though i dont know that. IM saying that because M$ Has made so many products that  fail

Im not hitting you around because you use IE its just that you always post something that is WRONG!!! And when ever i post a reply to what you have posted. You call me braindead WHEN YOUR THE ONE WHO IS FRIGGIN BRAINDEAD!!!!!!!!
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
The Browser Wars
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2005, 07:51:16 pm »
Brain dead? LOL! I laugh at your stupididy. Your just jealous that i Know more about computers then you. When you say it resets your bookmarks. you are obviosly doing something wrong. You also say that firefox gives you more spyware, here is what you said
WRONG!!! IE has major exploits. Even after they release IE7 it still will be loaded with exploits. But even though i dont know that. IM saying that because M$ Has made so many products that  fail

Im not hitting you around because you use IE its just that you always post something that is WRONG!!! And when ever i post a reply to what you have posted. You call me braindead WHEN YOUR THE ONE WHO IS FRIGGIN BRAINDEAD!!!!!!!!
[snapback]189688[/snapback]
1) It doesn't matter how much you know, as long as your computer is safe and working, who cares how much you need to know about your computer.
2) Have you used my computer? NO. So don't go judging my opinions because you think they are wrong. If you haven't used my computer, then shut your face.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
The Browser Wars
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2005, 08:21:48 pm »
Anyone with the IQ of a celery stick can use IE without getting spyware, but honestly, with the more secure FireFox out, I don't see the point of using IE.

Chrono

The Browser Wars
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2005, 08:22:58 pm »
Anyone with the IQ of a celery stick can use IE without getting spyware, but honestly, with the more secure FireFox out, I don't see the point of using IE.
[snapback]189796[/snapback]
I'm an intelligent celery stick  :biggrin: