Author Topic: 40 billion dollars of debt erased from Africa.  (Read 5955 times)

MiraclrPlz

40 billion dollars of debt erased from Africa.
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:55:36 am »
President Bush erased 40 billion dollars of debt from Africa.  But my question is, what gives him the right to do that?  He has not the power to do that!  Whose money was erased?  That was our money!!!  The United States Treasury is supposed to be ahead of that.  Enough with the foreign aid!   :blush:   Like that Tsunami thing.  Many of the victums were that of radical Islam!   Enough with the foregin aid!  President Bush, while president, has not the authority to erase a 40 billion dollar debt of the Americanmans mula.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 11:59:20 am »
Heartless pigs...

America helps people because it's the right thing to do. The 9-11 was a few Muslims who took their religion too far (not much difference from you by the way). The countless other people who are starving and being oppressed by the government shouldn't have to suffer.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 12:36:40 pm »
Much, if not all, of the $40 billion was money lent by international organizations to corrupt, US-backed dictatorships that have since fallen.  The debt and its yearly interest, however, remained a massive burden on the still fragile economies of many African nations.  Because of the billions spent each year by those goverments attempting to pay off interest on debt that could never be repaid, millions are starving and lack the education necessary to remedy that situation.  Erasing the debt is not only logical, but also entirely humanitarian.

It is true that the money is not that of the American Government, and that we are doing little to repay the money to whom it is owed, but the organizations have more than enough capital sitting around to take the hit from debt relief.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 12:41:38 pm »
I agree with Kevin. Besides, why do we need all that money anyway? America's the most spoiled place in the world.

Sheldon J. Plankton

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 07:54:22 am »
That was the wrong descision, letr Africa handel there own problems, we need that money with all the debt were in right now. Bush is too concerned about helping other countries, he pays too little attention to the US.

Don't get me wrong however, it's a good thing that we do that, but thats the tax-payers money.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 07:56:34 am by Sheldon J. Plankton »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 10:00:32 am »
That was the wrong descision, letr Africa handel there own problems, we need that money with all the debt were in right now. Bush is too concerned about helping other countries, he pays too little attention to the US.

Don't get me wrong however, it's a good thing that we do that, but thats the tax-payers money.
[snapback]195384[/snapback]

but we have so much money, it's our responsibility to help other nations. It doesn't matter if it's tax money or not.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 10:19:00 am »
but we have so much money, it's our responsibility to help other nations. It doesn't matter if it's tax money or not.
[snapback]195455[/snapback]
I don't want to start an argument here, but I just want to point out that it's a bit hyprocritical of you to say this in this situation when you bawk at Bush for trying to help Iraq...

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 10:20:52 am »
I don't disagree with removing Saddam, I don't agree with being lied to, and hearing reasons like "Saddam has WMD".

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 10:17:04 am »
But that money is money we could have used to make public education better, and improve our cities and towns. Yeah, it is nice to donate money here and there but we need it mroe then they do. Maybe if we have some leftover we can give some to them.

It isn't our job to babysit Africa.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 11:42:52 am »

[snapback]195384[/snapback]
Agreed. We have the biggest international debt, we should concentrate on paying that off. You can't pull the splinter out of your brother's eye when you have one stuck in your own eye.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 02:04:35 pm »
I can't believe that MSP sad they shouldn't of been helped because they were of "radical Islam". Besides, they need money more than we do.

Chrono

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 02:07:35 pm »
Jeez, Africa was in that much debt? Well that's nice of Bush to do something good for a change. America doesn't need it that much. Africa needs it more because in the end, it'll just become a wasteland.

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 02:07:56 pm »
It isn't our job to babysit Africa.
[snapback]196099[/snapback]

The point is that they are people. People who need help. Besides, we're too stupid to use the money for ourselves, so why not help our fellow man? This is one case where I wholeheartedly agree with Bush, even though he's just doing it to make us look good.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 02:08:18 pm »
We need to fix our own problems first before we try to fix other's. That is why countries hate America in the first place... because of our constant meddling.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 11:04:29 pm »
There's a difference between meddling and good will.  This is most certainly the latter.  And, they need that money far more than we do.  Sure, we have the largest debt in the world, but we also have the largest economy, by far.  While interest payments on national debts are just a drop in the bucket in our budget, they take up the entire yearly earnings of some Third World governments.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone